Random Thoughts....

Bummer. Unfortunate, but as long as he's OK it's not the end of the world.

I have absolutely no idea what name "Eefs" could be short for. :lol:

Christ on a pancake with whipped cream and sprinkles, WHAT A DAY!!!

Dad drove me out to my orthodontist today. She told me that I have to go to my dentist to get my bottom wisdom teeth out (permission to say...eek!!).

my dentist told me when I got mine out, the easiest wisdom teeth to get out are those of tiny white girls :lol:
Judging by the not a dude ireland part you are probably at least 2/3 and I'm sure it went fine.

my dentist told me when I got mine out, the easiest wisdom teeth to get out are those of tiny white girls :lol:
Judging by the not a dude ireland part you are probably at least 2/3 and I'm sure it went fine.

So you were more fortunate than some other cases... Hate to bring my own case up, but removing all 4 wisdom teeth was f***ing painfully horrible.

So you were more fortunate than some other cases... Hate to bring my own case up, but removing all 4 wisdom teeth was f***ing painfully horrible.

Well, to be fair the surgery was smooth but the novicane wore off at the end and they didn't give me any pain meds. Did I mention I was awake the whole time?

I have absolutely no idea what name "Eefs" could be short for. :lol:

Aoife (ee-fa) :)

Haven't had them out yet, but I like those odds!:):p

Really??!! I'd have thought that you would be knocked out for getting that many out!!

Here a lot of people have ended up being refered to oral surgons and getting it done under GA or "conscious sedation" which is probably the best oxymoron I've heard ever :lol:

Shit, I'm the exact opposite... taller than normal, few extra pounds, and I'm a brown male. :?

Good thing I haven't gone to get mine extracted yet... and what did I say, the topic of wisdom teeth once again resurfaces. :lol:

Edit: vikirad, some people like myself have even more than four wisdom teeth... I have five of the suckers.

Last edited:
I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed as well. I was at the dentist for a normal check up. At the end, he said we'll just do a quick x-ray to see whether we'll have a problem with the wisdoms. When the x-ray came, he looked at it, turned around to me and said, and I quote:

"Die m?ssen raus, zwei machen wir sofort." = "They gotta go, we'll do two right now."

Then he removed two on one side, a week later the two at the other. I was awake the whole time, just had a local anesthesia. As opposed to all of my schoolmates who had have it done in the hospital and suffered from badly swollen cheeks and pain, I didn't have anything. No swelling, no pain, no nothing. So it doesn't have to be that bad. And I do hate dentists with a passion, so I would tell.

The only kinda odd thing I remember was the noise when he removed them. Other than that, it was a walk in the park.

Really??!! I'd have thought that you would be knocked out for getting that many out!!

Here a lot of people have ended up being refered to oral surgons and getting it done under GA or "conscious sedation" which is probably the best oxymoron I've heard ever :lol:

Everyone I know was knocked out or sedated. Then they got super happy drugs after. :?

I opted for general anesthetic when I had my wisdom teeth taken out at age 16 (yeah yeah, it was wussy, but Novocaine never seems to work well enough even for something as simple as a filling. Plus, it's a really cool feeling to be aware of losing consciousness :D), but I didn't need to use any painkillers after the operation. The teeth were coming in straight, though, so that could have been a reason. As a matter of fact, my dentist told me that, were it not for the fact that they were coming in under the gums, my wisdom teeth could have been left in.

Nah... they removed them in two steps, working on sides of my mouth. 1h and 1h30m.

The bottom 2 are impacted and almost completely horizontal.

They seem to be making my back teeth move around, which makes it kind of tricky, because of my retainer.

I had 2 molars removed in 07 to make room for my canines, and I didn't feel any pain afterwards, but I suppose they are a different kettle of fish altogether.

The top right is a bit crooked so god knows the dentist might see something wrong with them aswell...:(

My teeth were pretty fucked up before I got the braces in in October of 06. Got them out last month, retainer non-stop for the last 6 weeks, and again for another 3 months :mad:

Still sure, twill all be worth it in the end. I'll be like Hammond when it's all over :D

(except not insanely white...)

And after 3 and a half years on this board.. I finally reach 1000 posts...

I was awake the whole time, just had a local anesthesia. As opposed to all of my schoolmates who had have it done in the hospital and suffered from badly swollen cheeks and pain, I didn't have anything. No swelling, no pain, no nothing..

Like interceptor, I got mine removed with only local anesthesia, which was fine. Except for sitting there for quite a long time with somebody fumbling around in your mouth, obviously.
It only got bad, and I mean really bad, after the procedure when I was back home. I was essentially bleeding my mouth full from the inside for the next day, which, coupled with all the weird drainage the dentist left and what were basically band-aids in my mouth, came together to make a rather unpleasant experience. :|

Last edited:
I love teeth so much. They're the FIRST thing I notice on people, then their hair.
Given this, I was blessed to have normal teeth until my bastard orthadontist put a brace on. I lie, he was OK but told me Id have it for about 1 year. 2 years later, I had a diffrent orthadontist every time and none of them new exactly what the other had told me before and so I was let down many times but told it will be off Christmas '08. Christmas comes and I've never been so excited IN MY LIFE, given my teeth obsession thing. He takes them off and says, Oh there's still a gap there.. we didnt have any of *some tool* left to check so we just took them off anyways, want them back on again?" I said no because I was too happy I could feel my teeth for the first time in 2.5 years. HE put a retainer on. Said retain broke and the gap got bigger leaving me with no choice but him putting the brace back on MY TWO FRONT TEETH. I looked like a fucking ew. Just horrible. That left other gaps in otehr places making him give me more braces. 3 years later, with a new dentist and no appointments left for 4 months, I'm still waiting and am expected to wait another 8 months. 2 Years is the MAXIMUM average. I might pull them off right now. Righttttttt nowwwwwwwwww. Oh my word, reading this will be the ideal remedy to send you too sleep :)

Oh god, horrible story Becky!!:(

The best feeling is getting the braces off, the few hours of freedom for your teeth is the best before getting the yucky retainer on :mad:

Ortho today (who actually reminds me alot of the female doctor in A Clockwork Orange :blink:), for some reason TIGHTENED on side of my retainer, and now the right side of my mouth is sore:(

Stupid teeth!
And I think I have to get fillings aswell...perfect.:rolleyes:

i was reading the comments on the latest TG episode when it struck me that their are almost 2 forums in one here. The TG/FG episode discussion community and everyone else... i mean there were people i had never heard of with 200+ posts that had been members for 2 years or so suppose it goes to show how much i read the episode discussions.

Yes it is quite different. The Automotive and Off-topic forums, where I usually reside, I have found are of above average quality in a forum ie, intelligent and mostly grammatically correct people sharing opinions/thoughts/debates etc.

The TG and FG forums are sadly like most all forums on the internet- the members who you would like to discuss things with are obscured by newbies, trolls, spammers, l33tspeakers, and people who have no idea how this forum or indeed any forum works and generally mess things up. On the upside however, the other sub-forums are (at least in my opinion) far above-average in quality, and for that reason this is the only forum in which I actually spend time, talk or lend myself to debates.

To put it bluntly, he crashed the 7.

:blink::cry:

I have an extra RU invite I am willing to give out. If you have more than 600 posts and aren't a douche I'll give you one.

To put it bluntly, he crashed the 7.

That sucks. :( However I don't get the deleting the thread thing.

Last edited: