Random Thoughts....

That's easy, nukes.

Wait, how many innocent people are in Somalia?

I would like to know what Supreme Leader racingfan1's plans are for Texas, come to think of it...

Name Spectre governor of Texas and give him right to make law as he sees fit. Mainly because, if I make a law he doesn't like, he has more guns than I do. :lol:

^Why does the sudden image of cumpolsory Jag purchases, UAW bans, and the destruction of GM comes to mind after reading that

Anyone in the US know where I can get a steerable satellite dish on the cheap?

Really looking for a fairly compact C/Ku dish - in the 3/4ft range. I suppose I could deal with a frakkin 10 footer, but the house will look a bit retarded and I'll have my neighbors wondering if I've lost my mind in short order. A 10 foot dish parked atop a 2-story house with a series of odd-looking radio antennas starts looking something like more of a military command post than the kind of thing that drives up real estate values - but fuck them and their real estate values, and fuck their continual attempts to form an HOA (And in some of their cases, I will continue living in this house and doing as I damned well please INDEFINITELY just to spite them. Long ago one of them had the balls to phone a noise complaint to the police because I was working on my car with the radio on. Not blaring, just on.

I live at the end of a dead end road in a very rural area, two of my property lines are farms, and have no sight lines to ANY other houses - thick tree lines block all the sight lines to other houses.

Also running along my property lines (between me and the farms) is a transcon fiber optic cable. Since the road dead ends into a farm, a team doing a massive cable-laying upgrade to that line used it as their regional staging site one year (they paid off the farmer for the value of any crops he would have grown.) My neighbors threw a HUGE hissy fit about this gigantic parking lot full of heavy construction equipment - because of the noise, and because they were dragging mud onto the road (which all wore off of their tires before they had finished passing my house, by the way - these muddy tire tracks were never visible to anyone but my family.

Ever since some these yuppie families moved in, they seem to be dead set on "preserving the pristine rustic appeal" of the area at the expense of driving away the people who came before them. And the farmers. And anyone who might want to open a small business in the "town center".

When the farmer whose lot is at the dead-end of my street croaks, my family is named as the recipient of his farmland. THAT'S going to piss them off - because they intend on reviving the original proposal for this neighborhood and building a massive extension - but that's not going to happen. This house will remain the end of the street as long as I have my name in the decisionmaking process.

Last edited:
Anyone in the US know where I can get a steerable satellite dish on the cheap?

Really looking for a fairly compact C/Ku dish - in the 3/4ft range. I suppose I could deal with a frakkin 10 footer, but the house will look a bit retarded awesome.

Nothing like looking like you have a radio telescope or a branch of NORAD in your basement.

ooh ooh ooh, google street view just went live in more Canadian locales, including Winnipeg. They were here mostly in early spring so everyone expected it to look terrible (because it was before anything had started growing again and everything was still dirty from the road sand (we use sand/gravel rather than salt)) but it looks fine. Would've been nicer all green and stuff, but at least dirty is better than nothing.

It actually looks like they've reshot some parts, some are green and I spy a road barrier that went up mid summer-ish.

Last edited:
American Standard is what we use to contain the Russian Standard after a rough night..

Nothing like looking like you have a radio telescope or a branch of NORAD in your basement.

Yeah, it'll look great next to the antenna tower.

... Now that I think about it, I have a south-facing roof face that extends much higher than the primary (east/west) roof face - so I can mount a pair of 3 footers to each of the two chimneys on the east/west wing, and then "behind" them (on the north/south wing, but mounted higher up) I could probably fit 2 10-foot dishes.

I sense redundancy. A deity is a god, a god is a deity, if you don't believe in a god insert a god of your choice.* :hmm:

THOR, I CHOOSE YOU!

Thor the mighty, Thor the brave
Crush the infidels in your way
By your hammer let none be saved
Live to die on that final day
Gods, monsters and men
Will die together in the end

YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

* lol @ xtians not having not given their god a name

God is just an example of a god who happens to be named God.

Get better Hemihead!

edit:
tvtropes link said:
The database hates you right now. The entry might exist or it might not exist. We would clear this mystery up for you, if we could get to the database. We tried to look it up, but the database puked up an error.

Funny error messages are funny.

Last edited:
clicked the link on my post? TVtropes seems to be down

Last edited:
I haven't been online in the last two weeks because I've been on leave from work (spent last week in Singapore which was AWESOME and am in Sydney this week staying with my cousin which is also AWESOME). So anyway my original plan was to take two week's leave, come back to work, give two week's notice and quit at Christmas. However on Tuesday night my godmother had dinner with me and asked me to come to Paris, the French Alps, Switzerland and London for her...leaving on Sunday. All expenses paid too, I might add.

So anyway to cut a long story short I just called work and resigned and am going to France on Sunday....

In a day a FedEx package of mine has gone from Las Vegas to.....North Las Vegas.:lol:

Take me with you? I need to see these places before I become Supreme Overlord, or whatever name it was ninjacoco came up with for me. :lol:

:lol: as long as you're wiling to go into my suitcase...

Also, I might add that organising a three week trip to Wintry Europe with four day's notice when I'm not even in my home city is fucking hectic.

How big a suitcase are we talking? It doesn't have to be too big, but I don't want to have to break bones to get in it. :p

Ummm if you suffer from Dwarfism you should be fine...otherwise you may have problems.

Ooh, just got an email from my godmother....we're taking the TGV from Paris to Lyon! yay for trains!

I was just viewing the "New Toys" thread and appears Shawn is back!

Going in for an eye sight check later.

May need glasses, left eye isn't so great nowadays.

Being one eye though, maybe I can get a monocle.