Random Thoughts....

I managed it. As long as you get there within the first 5 minutes or so (most lecturers/tutors are quite cool with this). Big lecture classes usually for first year subjects, so if you can, try to sit near an exit, otherwise you can spend 5 minutes trying to fight your way out of the room.

Over here, it?s called the "academic quarter" ... stuff always (usally) starts 15 minutes past and ends at the full hour ... wich of course leaves 15 minutes for change of location :)

At my Uni we finish 10 mins early, then start the next class on the hour

My car kinda shakes and rattles now. Squeaks occasionally, too. Got really aaaaaaauuuuuuggggghhhhh when I went to pass someone. Well, crap.

I hope it's just the wind. Stupid thing is like a sailboat in the wind.

Speaking of ducks, I'm reading the book Catcher in the Rye where the protagonist Holden keeps asking people about where the ducks go when the Central Park Lake is frozen. His stupidity is so annoying, that I fucking hate that kid. :wall:
I had to read Winnie the Pooh in high school. Christopher Robin's poorly-written bits made me want to slap him across the face with a dictionary and then leave him coated in honey for Pooh to devour. Mwahaha.

But yes...stupid characters are torture to read. Rooting for the protagonist to fail FTW!

Last edited:
Today I will work for about three hours, unless something goes wrong, and I will get paid for eight. That really, really doesn't suck. :D

Before someone asks: stagehands get something called a minimum. Some jobs take 18 hours; some jobs take 20 minutes. The people we work for want to be sure it's worth our time to show up, so we get four-hour minimums; that is, even if the job only takes 20 minutes, you get paid for four hours. I have two of those calls today. Ergo, eight hours' pay for only about three hours' work. God I love that.

I do not love that I somehow have to get motivated, showered, and dressed and then feed myself within the next 75 minutes.

^With you being a Not a Dude I'd have said the showering and dressing part in 75 minutes was pushing things as it is. :D

So question for Aus uni students- can you pull off a timetable (i.e. is it physically possible for you to manage this when it comes around) so that you have stuff running right after the other? I.e. I have quite a few scenarios like this:

11am-1pm- lecture for 1 subject
1pm-2pm tutorial for another subject.

All of my classes are within the same 3-4 building block and are within 1-3 minutes walking distance. I'm just wondering whether or not i will be able to pull this off.

Yes, I schedule all my lectures and tutorials straight after each other, except if I'm on a different campus. At my uni they let lectures out 5 mins early so people can make other classes on time.

* snip skeewl stuff *

On another note, I have clocked up 450kms since Saturday morning doing favours for friends. They are now on notice that next time I'm asking for petrol money.

"Quid pro quo, Clarice, quid pro quo." :unsure:

Reoccurring patterns 101.

I will inevitably clusterfuck everything at the beginning of the year and then have to sort things out until the last four months of the year.

^With you being a Not a Dude I'd have said the showering and dressing part in 75 minutes was pushing things as it is. :D

Ah, but I am a particularly low-maintenance Not-A-Dude. When going to work, my sole criteria are that a) I must not begin the day unclean and stinky, because I'm sure to be that way at the end of the day and b) my clothes must be clean and fresh-smelling. The only time eater is washing my hair, which is big and curly and stupid. In fact I can easily shower, dress, and feed myself in 75 minutes. The trouble is peeling myself off the couch and away from the computer early in the morning.

And for the record, I now stand at half an hour's worth of work for four hour's worth of pay. :D Days like this totally make up for the balls-to-the-wall craziness and long hours of an average week.

Hmm, got a dilemma of which movie to watch:

Batman Begins
The Number 23
Death Race

Neither of which I have seen before.

I don't have that, I only have those three because I raided a mate's portable HDD a while back, and they're the only things I haven't watched yet from it.

Death Race 2000 is way better than Death Race.