Random Thoughts....

Remember guys, you are talking to someone who has "xoxo" in their nickname. My advice is, get pregnant, have your boyfriend leave you, appear on reality tv shows a lot. Your "issues" would probably make for good viewing.

My moral compass wants to condemn this comment. But somehow i feel it's spot on.

Reactions: MWF
I have a great friend who's been trying very hard to help me with my issues, as I am not comfortable with seeking professional help due to my family being...retarded. I also don't want to end up medicated, because I hate the concept of taking medications for anything because if I'm given any sort of drugs if I ever get in the wrong mindset I am tempted to use them for the wrong purposes.

That doesn't make any sense. If you have problems to the point where you'd take anti-depressents for the wrong purposes then you desperatly need professional help.

Anyway, I never said I couldn't or wouldn't do college. I hate school, and I hate it because I have my problems with myself and with it. I know a college setting is different from high school, but that being said that is also one of my issues with it. College classes tend to be bigger and professors don't really give two shits about students and aren't always readily available to help them. One of the reasons why I actually even graduated high school is because my teachers took the time to help me figure out why I wasn't doing well with my work and fix it.

So let me this straight, you hate school, you hate the concept of school, you tell us that university is very different from school, and THEN you tell us that one of the issues you have with university is that it isn't like school? Just trying to wrap my head around the rubbish you type gives me a headache. One of the big differences between university and highschool is that professors do not give two shits about dropkicks who don't give a shit. Your attitude comes across as someone who doesn't give shit, so no they probably wont be so open to helping you, but i'm sure you'd complain about that as well, because lets be honest, your complaining about professors without ever going to university.

The one difference between me and everyone else is that I do want to work and do something with my life. My problem is, I have problems. I know what they are, and I'm trying to fix them. I also don't know exactly what I want to do with my life, because just as I settle on one thing I tend to change my mind. I have the attention span of a flea. But I've got friends who are helping me, who aren't afraid to tell me when I'm being difficult and stupid and all that. I thrive on feedback, be it negative or positive, as long as it actually helps me and not just says stuff like "You're a stupid fuckwit."

You don't seem to be trying very hard to fix your problems. From what you described in a previous post, you have some quite severe problems but outright refuse medical help to try and fix them. You're putting far to much faith in being able to be fixed by your friend, they don't know how to rectify your problems, and if you place all your eggs in that basket and they can't fix them, what are you left with? You're affraid of seeking medical help, most people who suffer from depression are as well. But if you want to properly get better, the harsh reality is that you have to suck it up and go get some help. You can't rely on a friend and it's not fair on them to have the responsibility of having to deal with your problems.

Still didn't say "I will not go to college" now did it? I just won't be going now.

You did. "I won't be going to college" by itself means you aren't going to college, your post made no mention that you weren't going now but may in the future. Maybe the the writing course they'll probably have you take in college will help you with ambiguity.

Last edited:
Remember guys, you are talking to someone who has "xoxo" in their nickname. My advice is, get pregnant, have your boyfriend leave you, appear on reality tv shows a lot. Your "issues" would probably make for good viewing.

I know I shouldn't but :rofl:

My moral compass wants to condemn this comment. But somehow i feel it's spot on.

QFT, along with Cold Fussion's more detailed response. So much maturity in one so young.

Interview with Coles coming up on Friday for a graduate position in a supermarket. Good news, I guess. Also have psychometric testing for a position with Pacific National in the next couple of weeks (should ring the admin woman tomorrow and see what's going on with that). I really want the Pac Nat job, even if it means moving interstate. It also pays a lot more than Coles. Coles would be good full time employment (management and leadership position), but a fucking supermarket? I'm not enthused by the prospect.

Bit nervous about the psychometric tests for PN, they're covering maths, english and mechanical ability. Maths and english I should be fine with, but mechanical knowledge might be a problem, but it depends what the test is about. If it's principles then it should be ok (gear, pulley, spring loadings, etc) but if I have to know the ins and outs of a turbocharged diesel electric EMD 645 engine, then I'm fucked :p.

My fear is I'll be offered a position with Coles before I get offered a position by PN and I'll have to take it and do something thoroughly unenjoyable (who knows, I might like it, especially if I can boss around 14 year olds and exert and abuse my power :p). Of course my biggest fear is not being offered any position eith either company. Guess I'll just have to see what happens...

Good luck mate! :) Hope the outcome of the interviews is the one that's the most favourable for you.

In other news, I've just had the mother and father of all bad hair(cut) days... according to only one of my parents. :lol:

Last edited:
That came out a bit harsh, but could be spot on. I would have said it differently. :think:

:+1:

I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again: You people are harsh!

This is from the guys who keeps calling people communist hippies and goatfarmers.......

Vikirad said:
Good luck mate! Hope the outcome of the interviews is the one that's the most favourable for you.

Realistically the most favourable outcome for me is getting offered a position by either Coles or Pacific National. I cant stay stuck in my dead end job for ever (this goes back a bit to the icedlovexox situation, though I havent paid much attention to that, I've only skimmed it lightly), and both positions are full time with plenty of career prospects for later down the track.

I've already had the interview with PN, and it went pretty well. I was confident and calm and answered the questions, looked interested, asked the right questions back, etc. The regional manager interviewing said I should also apply for a position they also had going at another town which I took to be a good sign (presumably if he hated me he wouldn't have mentioned it). I got rung by the admin girl last week about coming back (to NSW) for the tests supposed to be this Monday just gone now, but I said I couldn't make it and she said she'll put me in for the test in two weeks time. I suggested I could do it in Adelaide and she said she'll get back to me on that, and she said she'd chase up an option of doing it online, which would be better still. So I feel I'm in with a good shot. She's doing a lot of work to help me as best she can and I feel she wouldnt be doing that if they genuinely didnt want me. I'll have to ring her tomorrow and find out what's going on, coz I'll need to book flights again, and probably time off work (my line manager is generally understanding but asking for time off with short notice wont go down well!).

Two weeks is a long time given the time frame of the Coles job. I'm nearly at the end of the Coles selection process having already done psych testing and a phone interview, Friday is about being shown around a store and being interviewed face to face by store management. The end is in sight, and I'd rather it was still several weeks away! :p

Last edited:
Kids need to be slapped until they start to act right.
- Parenting 101 by Timur

A graduate of the Fritzl Kindererziehung Akademie I see?

Final Gear = Home of Tough Love! :p

But in all seriousness, xicedlovexoxo, have you considered going to a smaller, state run school? I go to a school that's considered fairly small, and there's a big difference in the level of attention you get by professors when they only have to deal with 25-40 kids per class. Not to mention that state schools can be much cheaper than a private one.

Even going to a two year school can make a big difference in your earning potential in the future. Not saying that you have to go to college at all to have a good life (there's many in IT that have no formal college experience, for example...) but you should take advantage of every leg up you can, esp. in our horrible job market. The networking aspect of going to college and selling yourself to prospective employers is perhaps even more important than the classes you'll take, it can literally mean the difference between having a job set for you when you leave or scrambling to find one within the 6 month grace period you get before you look for student loans.

Not insinuating that I know anything or trying to push options down your throat, but it's something to consider. Your best bet would be to take it day by day and make a decision when you're ready. The last thing you want to do is to jump into it head first out of desperation and end up burning out mid semester, esp. after spending all that money. :)

Last edited:
I am not comfortable with seeking professional help due to my family being...retarded.

No, you need to get professional help if your family is retarded.

I don't know what you mean by retarded, but many of the issues you described before can often arise from stressful family situations growing up. Don't fool yourself, this doesn't mean your parents have to have hit you or abused you, just emotional trauma and stress can take its toll on a kid (or anyone!). I'm really confused by your statement there... a retarded and messed up family life is as good a reason as any to get professional help. Your parents are supposed to be looking out for you, if they aren't it's all the more reason for you to take charge of your problems.

Trust me on that, your parents can genuinely love you and still damage you to a great extent. If that's the case then that would be the first problem I'd take care of, perhaps after the vision/hearing problems. Things like the depression and being shy or whatever can and probably are a side effect of your retarded family. :)

I think what she meant is that, being financially dependent on her family (cause she can't get her act together), she would have to get their permission/financial backing to get professional help, which she thinks might lead to a conflict which she, due to her issues, rather wants to avoid.
That means she has proven that cause of her issues she can't get help for her issues and it all is a vicious circle, so it's not her fault and we should all pity her.

To me, a family that doesn't want or encourage you to get the medical help that you require is a family you don't want to depend on.

Good health, both physical and mental, should be of utmost importance to everyone. And if your family really loved you they would do whatever it took to get you that help, I know this from first hand experience.

Edit: Of course it's not her fault, every human wants to be happy and satisfied with life. Those who aren't don't lack the desire, they lack the know-how. So we definitely should pity them.

Last edited:
Ginger beer is fucking terrible, by the way. Who the hell invented that crap?