Random Thoughts....

This looks absolutely awesome. And delicious.

EDIT: Probably should mention that the cake is from the bakery album Clockwerk linked to. And is also a lie.

Last edited:
Considering that I come from a family whose wealth was destroyed twice both in the 1940s and as recently as 2005 by that same entity that now governs Hong Kong this article sums up a lot of my worries. I am not so concerned as what will happen in 50 years after the deal with the British ends but as to what will happen in this next decade or so. Now, my personal preference would be for both countries to prosper and achieve a much more democratic line of thought, but that is not exactly favorable for the tycoons who will no doubt make it hard to become a reality. As I see it, as China adopts more and more economic freedom, the need for Hong Kong to be used as a bridge to the west gets less and less meaning that by the time the deal with with the British ends, Hong Kong will end up more or less looking like a little shanty town just off the beaming metropolis that will inevitably be Beijing.

Perhaps my fears are misplaced however, only time will tell..and maybe it's just my imagination but when I walk out on the street, of the wealthy are noveau riche businessmen and their trophy wives from the mainland snapping up Rolex Watches and Louis Vuitton like there's tomorrow and then one or two individuals who made their riches in Hong Kong snobbishly rolling their eyes at the vulgarity and etiquette (or rather lack-thereof) of the after mentioned new money crowd.

Of course, again speaking as someone who was recently had to move quite far and quite quickly down the metaphorical ladder, there's no doubt that I've become jaded and a little pessimistic, but y'know you do what you can and hopefully I'll be out of the ghetto not a moment too soon.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1630244_1630240_1630206-2,00.html

I think I may have been bit by something but it is hard to tell because it is on my already swollen hand.

ok the house situation may not be as bad i thought, sinking fund for the next two years has already commenced being collected - The original body corporate went bust a year ago

Well now you know about the existance of those cold packs. Stop sitting at home, buy some and start kicking ass.

This. Borrow the unofficial motto from the US Marines: "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome."

It's the only way to go in an imperfect world.

I was planning on taking this Thursday off of work because it is opening day for Major League Baseball, but the boss said no....:(.

I'm in limbo. Told a guy my feelings and (knew this was gonna happen) he didn't feel the same way. In retrospective, too soon. :(

I think we'll just stay as friends for the time being, but he just said he only liked me as a friend. Which is fair enough, considering we've only known each for a month and a bit, but the feelings were very real. Which makes me feel even worst, but I'll get over it one day.