Random Thoughts....

It's just getting impossible to find places to smoke now. Can't in the car if there are kids, not near food outlets, not in pubs or clubs or any indoor or outdoor gathering, not in the office, not on hospital grounds (ie not even in the carpark), got to be at least 10m away from any building door, and got to make sure no refugee orphans are anywhere nearby because the puppies they are holding might get second hand smoke issues.

Yes, I know we're the social lepers of today's society, but dammit :shakefist: we get so much work done and stuff sorted during a 5min smoke break than in a week full of meetings. We deserve some credit!

And you're really not going to like me if I don't get my fix.

Yes, I know we're the social lepers of today's society, but dammit :shakefist: we get so much work done and stuff sorted during a 5min smoke break than in a week full of meetings. We deserve some credit!

Why do you think that when I'm at one of my employer's offices I always follow the smokers outside for a second-hand-smoke-break. Hint: it's not because I like second hand smoke.

Have not smoked since early March of 2011 and the last time I missed smoking was around a month after I quit. Now that I look back, my mind convinced me for decades that quitting would put my life into a tailspin.

That is the power of nicotine my friends, and I am glad I am free of it.

It's just getting impossible to find places to smoke now. Can't in the car if there are kids, not near food outlets, not in pubs or clubs or any indoor or outdoor gathering, not in the office, not on hospital grounds (ie not even in the carpark), got to be at least 10m away from any building door, and got to make sure no refugee orphans are anywhere nearby because the puppies they are holding might get second hand smoke issues.

And you're really not going to like me if I don't get my fix.

Smokers are about two to three million times more social than non smokers. I've started plenty of conversations by bumming a cigarette.

Smokers are about two to three million times more social than non smokers. I've started plenty of conversations by bumming a cigarette.

When I was in London I loved that social aspect of smoking - meeting people and hanging out even while you're already hanging out (inside pubs). It didn't hurt that all the cute girls I knew smoked all the time. :D

And before anyone says otherwise, I'm ok with girls who smoke. I know a lot of people aren't.

Amen. 6am can go suck the end of a flamethrower. Not to mention it's -4oC out there, and putting my foot out from under the doona is not an appealing thought.

Fuck dat shit.

Good individual meeting with the boss = good day overall.

Have not smoked since early March of 2011 and the last time I missed smoking was around a month after I quit. Now that I look back, my mind convinced me for decades that quitting would put my life into a tailspin.

That is the power of nicotine my friends, and I am glad I am free of it.

Apart from very occasional social smoking in college (Years 11/12 for Oz folk), I didn't start until my mid 20s. Since then I've inhaled for a few years, stopped for a year or two, started, stopped for a few years, started etc. It's never been a big deal apart from the first week, when I make sure I'm not having to make critical decisions (like what to buy at the supermarket) and be away from people as much as possible.

But that first headspin when you haven't had one for a long time is heavenly.

Damn thee argatoga for bumming all me smokes! I'm going to start charging you

Damn thee argatoga for bumming all me smokes! I'm going to start charging you

I'm sure I'm out pretty high on the cosmic tab there. Thanks to e-cigs when I do bring my own I can't share. :p

Talking about keyboards and typing with a friend, totally misquoted:

Kerri: so now its natural for me to use all 10 of my fingers
me: giggity

I have a friend who keeps using the words "swag" and "ish" on a regular basis. I fear my only recourse is to murder him.

As of right now, I really want to kill people at work. The only thing that has saved me today is stepping outside in the sun, taking a few long drags of a cigarette, and chatting with random people in the little hidden corner of campus that the police don't bother checking.

I have a friend who keeps using the words "swag" and "ish" on a regular basis. I fear my only recourse is to murder him.
I use "swag" almost constantly... :unsure:

I have also found myself using "that's unfortunate" on an increasingly frequent basis.

As of right now, I really want to kill people at work. The only thing that has saved me today is stepping outside in the sun, taking a few long drags of a cigarette, and chatting with random people in the little hidden corner of campus that the police don't bother checking.

This is how people survived communism.

:comfort:

Choose your weapon: Chainsaw, M4 Carbine, Cyanide, English book.

Uh... Choose your weapon: Same ones as above except chemistry book.

I use "swag" almost constantly... :unsure:

So much irony in this.

It's only ironic if he knows it. I doubt he's smart enough.

How's that foot-brain filter working out for you, still small and atrophied like certain parts of your anatomy?