Random Thoughts....

How is it kept in a molten state, though? Are the crucibles always heated during transport?

The train cars are supposedly good for 30 hours with no heat added, they're kept molten by being big and hot :D I think they contain about 250 tons of metal, that doesn't cool quickly.
I've seen people doing 200km trucked liquid aluminium transports say it loses about 10K in the process.

Last edited:
fg.jpeg

Ooooh, we need that for Ringmeet 2016

Can we do away with the beats logo, though? We have enough shit of our own, don't need to add extra turds. :p

Every day in the lunchroom near my work space is the explosions and screaming 1/2 hour. Someone watches I think a show that seems to have nothing but explosions and screaming.

That can't be relaxing. I myself take a stadium blanket, an umbrella and a pillow and go take a nap for a 1/2 hour on the edge of the dealership.

Every day in the lunchroom near my work space is the explosions and screaming 1/2 hour. Someone watches I think a show that seems to have nothing but explosions and screaming.

That can't be relaxing. I myself take a stadium blanket, an umbrella and a pillow and go take a nap for a 1/2 hour on the edge of the dealership.
OMG IT'S JAY!

We missed you too. :D

I don't but only because Jay being active on Facebook means I fail to notice when he isn't here.

Because of Parkinsons, probably.

And buried in a shallow grave...

any Final Gear? catchphrases I may have missed in my absence?

Thankfully I am Facebook friends with many Final Gear'ers so I got to follow along! ^_^

I would love to do Ringmeet 2016. Kind of a pipe dream because we do an annual trip to Michigan that depletes the vacation fund. Plus Kara has some reservations about traveling to Germany.

Plus Kara has some reservations about traveling to Germany.
Do tell. :) We in Germany (and all the other FGers around) usually aren't as bad as our reputation. ;) See, there were numerous 'muricans (and a brazilian and an aussie as well) over here for Ringmeet and roadtrip, and I have yet to hear any real complaints.

And, (partly, sorry) derestricted Autobahns!

It's a prejudice that started with her grandparents. Her parents are better about it, but refuse to buy any German products. Kara is just kind carrying on the....tradition?

I know, I KNOW for certain that you are all a bunch of lovely people, I know that. It's going to take some hard selling on her though to convince that things have changed dramatically in the past 80 years. I will do it and hope to see positive results.

Ouh, yeah, Germany has changed a bit in the past 80 years, that's for sure...

Of course, we still don't have a sense of humour that we're aware of, but we're working on it - be sure, we're working as seriously as we can, with at least half an hour daily humour training. :)

But isn't laughter inefficient? :p