Ringmeet 2016, August 11-14

Excellent, I for one would certainly like to see the awards again. :)

Awards again, for sure!

Also, I could provide some exotic (cheap) prizes from the South American jungle (not really) if you think that's a good idea and I manage to attend (fingers crossed).

The more the better. If we have surplus prizes then that's not an issue. Makes it easier to match suitably bizarre prizes to each category.

I only wish we'd still have Mini Dickmanns in contrast to the Super Dickmanns... but unfortunately they've been renamed some time ago.

Also, I could provide some exotic (cheap) prizes from the South American jungle (not really)

We can already get bananas with Brazilian spiders in from supermarkets. :p

:lol:

Yes. Many, many people will be. It's another long Green Hell Driving Days weekend. Its batshit crazy already there. As usual. But me personally, no.

I'll be passing by on the way home from the Black Forest... this is a green hell as well, seen four accidents in two days after months of not seeing any. My dashcam seems to be crapping out though :|

Is it suffering from PTSD?

:p

Be glad there are hardly any Indian dash cams ;)

I'll be passing by on the way home from the Black Forest... this is a green hell as well, seen four accidents in two days after months of not seeing any. My dashcam seems to be crapping out though :|

I was there yesterday :)

Is it suffering from PTSD?

:p

:dunno: it feels a lot more shaky recently, maybe the mount is borked... and I've seen a few stints not being recorded at all :/ oh well, this will have to do for another few months.

I was there yesterday :)

Our timing is impeccable. So impeccable the 'Ring was closed as soon as I got my mandatory Currywurst at Br?nnchen... at least I beat the inevitable massive queue forming right after.

Also... you don't need to be on the 'Ring to stuff your car :no:

Still processing because shakiness...

Not sure where to put this... Carbage for the paella'd exhaust on the Cupra that almost blew my eardrums in the three-lane tunnel north of the campsite? Random car sightings for the queue of Z1s? Idiots + cars for the Cupra almost rearending the bikers, the Cupra almost running the Passat off the road right next to the cops (note the look the biker gives him), or for the really weird place to put a car in a ditch?

That's accident #5 this weekend... maybe I should stay in bed tomorrow :hmm:

That's an incredible number, I remember seeing 3 or 4 at once at the 2014 Ringmeet and I thought that was an unlikely occurence. When I saw that thumbnail I was already resigned to the GB plated Seat being the one that gets stuffed but surprisingly I was wrong.

And the (assumed) driver of the crashed Focus is of course... texting.

Figures...

I should be able to attend ringmeet, maybe just from Friday to Sunday, but I hope I can get at least the Friday off so I'll either drive down on Thursday in the evening after work or Friday in the morning. If I won't get the Friday off I'll drive down on Friday in the evening.