Simple poll, Zonda or Veyron?

Simple poll, Zonda or Veyron?

• Total voters
Veyron

Better 0-60.
Easy to drive (not a reason for me).
It goes faster than the Zonda, or just about anything else.
Its hugely expensive.
Its a VAG.
Its more usable.
Elite level (it could probably get you into any place if you showed up in it).
A crap-load of power!
How many people have one?

I would never buy one if I had the chance unless I was insanely rich.

Last edited:
Neither really a house is more attractive to me these days

"So the best thing about a drive in your car is that you get out alive."
"Yes."
"You don't think that would start to wear a bit?"

:p

I can say from experience that even if your being poisened by CO and nearly fainting, a exciting car with few negatively tiring qualities (tire noise, wind noise) is almost impossibly to get tired of. If you however can't get comfortable then of course it will be tiring, but thats more of a personality thing, thus this thread.

Of course i voted Zonda. If i had that type of money i'd more then likely have enough for a solid daily driver car for backup.

Last edited:
Zonda.

But I have a question. How on earth do some of you people prefer the "noise" of the veyron? I swear I can't even hear the thing. Of all the videos I have seen of the car I can't recall any distinct noise.

Gimme a Zonda F coupe... but with the 50 extra hp that the roadster gets.

Easy answer: Zonda, an F Clubsport. It's a much better interpretation of what a supercar should be, being a reasonably bit faster around a track, louder, more eye-catching as well as more functionally looking. I have seen a veyron in real life on a couple of accasions, and I think it looks exceedingly awful; There is no functionality to the design, yet it still looks like someone threw a piece of clay hard into the ground an thought that was a nice design.

The Veyron is like a 911 Turbo on steroids; impressive and capable as well as user friendly, but that can be had for a lot less money if you hand 9ff a 997 Turbo and a huge check. I also agree with the poster above; What's up with people preferring the noise from the Veyron, It sounds like plumbing.

Bugatti for me much more usable.

I'd get the Veyron.

I do understand all the "excitement of a supercar"-babble, of which the Zonda has heaps more than the Veyron. And being a petrolhead, that surely pushes a lot of my buttons as well. But when it comes to actually driving it, life stops being perfect. You gotta go out there, with loads of idiotic drivers around you, bad roads, bad weather conditions and whatnot. And it's then when I prefer a car that will not excite me as much, but actually get me to B instead of kill me. The Zonda is a great supercar for when you can choose to drive it now and then, but given you probably can't, I'll enjoy the comfort and the huge power, garnished with controllability, of the Veyron.

Zonda. Because I'm a child.

Fixed.

I'd have the Zonda. I've loved the Zonda since I first saw the C12. Besides. I wouldn't drive it on the street. It'd be strictly a track duty car.

*Crosses fingers for Zonda R FIA GT1/LeMans GT1 racer*

Zonda.

But I have a question. How on earth do some of you people prefer the "noise" of the veyron? I swear I can't even hear the thing. Of all the videos I have seen of the car I can't recall any distinct noise.

Same. All I recall is tire noise. Similar story for diesels, oddly enough (yes even the R10).

Last edited:
What a wonderful feeling it would be if a Zonda was screaming balls out on the autobahn and you pottle swiftly by in your Veyron, aircraft goggles, leather hat, driving gloves, the whole garb.

I'd choose the Veyron because it was actually designed to last 10-20 years unlike the Zonda... It's not a supercar, it's a real car and an awesome one at that. It's designed to take you from point A to point B in comfort, fast, and fun, without killing you. Youknow, like a real car.

As for the noise of the Veyron, it sounds better on the inside than on the outside, at least in all the videos I've seen.

Spoken like a true golf pilot.

You're on the money, but for the wrong reasons. The Golf is costing me enough in repairs already, wouldn't want something even more unreliable (The damn cooling fluid started leaking last week :mad:)

Veyron Roadster. Because I can drive it every day, and that is what I want to do with such a car!

Would love a Zonda, but for me it would have to be a Bugatti ... also, in Sydney, a Zonda could be unfortunately mistaken for one of these:

[youtube]xzxN1NJ1478[/youtube]​

... and that would be very sad :cry:

veyron for me every time, it's more usable and wins every pub debate :D

Somehow both don't really appeal to me - the Veyron's too perfect, the Zonda too mad. But I'd probably choose the Veyron if I was forced to because there's nothing similar to it at the moment whereas the Zonda's still comparable with a Lambo.

I'll take the Veyron over Zonda any day. Partially because Zonda never was my cup of tea (I do approve the engine but I never liked the looks), but mostly because in my view the Veyron is the ultimate car.

Of those 2, the Zonda.

But I don't really like either so my choice would be different, say, if there was a Swede involved...