The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

And I went on the Internet to Wilmington and I got THIS!

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blaro/2011/04/15/cfjmd.jpg

I probably have tetanus now. But the actual speedo needle and the face are in pristine condition, so all I need is the needle. The face might be good to keep around as a backup too, I already have a tach face too.

Lol, we were like 2 kids in a candy store at that place.

Seriously. I really wanted to rescue one of those poor, intact CB750K0s and give it a loving home and a high-buck restoration.

Seriously. I really wanted to rescue one of those poor, intact CB750K0s and give it a loving home and a high-buck restoration.

I don't think most of them are going anywhere. Most of the turnover they get is in the area of newer sport bikes.

I don't think most of them are going anywhere. Most of the turnover they get is in the area of newer sport bikes.

The guy didn't have any of those. He specializes in selling just old Hondas and Honda parts. His place isn't really a junkyard, just mostly a warehouse. Most of his revenue comes from what he sells on Ebay though.

Sorry if it was unclear. I was talking about the CB750s piled up like cord wood at L&L cycle down here in Dallas.

This one is mine:

http://img855.imageshack.**/img855/3793/pict0001t.jpg

Polish bike from the 60`s. Actually it`s 51 years old and definately needs restoration, maybe this year...

This one is mine:

http://img855.imageshack.**/img855/3793/pict0001t.jpg

Polish bike from the 60`s. Actually it`s 51 years old and definately needs restoration, maybe this year...

That's an SHL M06 variant, isn't it? If so, you might be able to get some parts out of India, who licensed it and the later M11 development as the Rajdoot.

Last edited:
Damn your good... many people from PL would struggle to name it.

Damn your good... many people from PL would struggle to name it.

Some of those managed to sneak into the US before the Mercedes Law, as did the Indian (as in country, not the US brand) clones.

Got my piston and gaskets. Going to put the motor together this week and hopefully have things running by next weekend. Would be an awesome birthday present to myself to have that thing running for the trails.

I do find it funny that I can pay $50 for brand new piston + gaskets off ebay, whereas it would've been at least $175 to get the same parts from the dealer.

Dealership markups can be... interesting. Also, pistons are a regular replacement item on thumpers, so there's a large replacement market with corresponding business interest.

I gotta bend some metal tank badges to fit the curves of my tank. I'm really paranoid about doing it myself. Any ideas?

Use your penis.

Oops.

I picked up a nail on FM455 today, turning what should have be a pleasant 90 minute ride into a 4 hour recovery. I did have Spectre's GoPro HD on the case guard though so we might have captured the sound of the nail puncturing the tire.

I picked up a nail on FM455 today, turning what should have be a pleasant 90 minute ride into a 4 hour recovery. I did have Spectre's GoPro HD on the case guard though so we might have captured the sound of the nail puncturing the tire.

Got nailed. :p Good thing my 700 is a camera bike. :D

I gotta bend some metal tank badges to fit the curves of my tank. I'm really paranoid about doing it myself. Any ideas?

Are they the OEM badges? If so, put it in the back pin hole, then using both palms work forward while pressing the thing flush with the tank and into the front hole. They should bend fairly easily to conform with the tank.

What machine did the nail incident happen on? The 700?

Yup. Spectre is allowing me to borrow it with the promise that I'll be promptly killed if I wreck it until I finish fixing my Goldwing.

Last edited:
Yup. Spectre is allowing me to borrow it with the promise that I'll be promptly killed if I wreck it until I finish fixing my Goldwing.

Yup, yup, head on pike to serve as example to others, etc., etc. :p :evil: :mrgreen:

Waiting for another day:
IMG_8918.JPG

Or perhaps waiting for its stablemate to come back...