The "Pet-Peeve/Stuff I can't stand/hate" Thread

- impatience.

- People who can't face reality and choose to lie about everything instead. Basically, "Oh no, you're not fat, he's a nice guy, and I'm really going to go through with [insert thing here] this time." While what they really mean is, "You should lose some weight, that guy's a douche, and I lie to myself to make me feel better."

- People who are too easily offended. Ties in with above. Well I say grow a pair. ("But I'm a girl." To which the only response is, "Grow a pair!")

Wow...that is the situation I mentioned here...a girl who cheated on her bf told me about it and I called her a slut (not exact words) and she flipped on me and won't tell him.

Cyclists that insist on driving on the street even though there's a cycle lane. I just don't understand this.

On boulevards which separate the two directions with about 2 meters of grassy area and a fence in the middle.. People that will cross one lane (direction) and then walk in the middle, in mud/water/grass until they reach a gap in the fence to cross.

People that not only take my parking space in front of my house when I'm not at home, but also park in front of the damn driveway gate so I can't put my car in the driveway. NOT what I want to come home to after a day at the office.

Not really a pet peeve, but I really lose it when someone irks me about my stuttering.

I hate it when people are late. I can be on time. So can you. Being late is a sign of disrespect. I don't care if it's "your one fault", "you can't help it", or anything else. If I can be out the door an hour early just to be there on time (if not 10 minutes early), so can you. No other way around it.

I definitely agree on the thing about people that are too easily offended. Grow a pair and get a life. Exactly the same about overzealous political correctness. Gets on my nerves.

Littering.

General lack of manners.

"Street Racers" that only want to "race" against cars that are obviously, obviously slower. Last night a douchebag in a brown-gold Audi A8 wanted to race my Leon Diseasel. He was faster, obviously, but decided to drive 20km/h so that I'd try and overtake and he'd accelerate. He did it once. I slowed down behind him, turned on my high-beams (Osram Nightbreakers ftw) and foglights and stuck behind him for a few minutes. He fucked off eventually.

Tightwads. During my postgraduate studies I had a flatmate that was incredibly tight. She put on those sticky plastic tower hangers in the bathroom to hang her towels. When it was time to leave, she actually unstuck them and took them with her. Also, it was crucial that the phone bill was 69.90 euros, and not 70, as I had told her. *facepalm*

People that do not have the courtesy to apologize when they've fucked something up. Own up to your shit.

People, that on a traffic light will wait for the light to actually turn green before they even attempt to get the car in gear. Especially annoying with older cars that have wonky gearboxes and it takes a few attempts to get first. Your pathetic carelessness just wasted 10 of the 20 seconds that the light is green.

People that have their indicators on while being IN THE LANE to turn left. Yes, I know you're turning left. Now you're just blinding me and your stupid ass indicator will be flashing in my head for the next 20 minutes.

People that will keep their foot on the brake pedal on the intersection. If the thing is on a slope, use your handbrake. Don't blind me in the back. Especially annoying with newer cars that have LED taillamps and are especially bright.

People that don't use indicators when changing lanes. Yes, I'm psychic. I know exactly when you want to turn left.

People that brake for rainbows. W00t, everyone loves being rear-ended.

People with LEDs in the windscreen washers. Awesome.

Ooh ooh, forgot one! People that have misaligned headlamps. Seriously, if you can't do it yourself, take it to a service garage, they'll probably do it for free. And you won't blind people.

Dear god, I'm on a roll..

Last edited:
See, I get where you're coming from, and I agree I probably should have done something. But I think most people have a fear of confrontation. What if that guy was an asshole who really didn't give a shit? Nobody can physically force him to vacate his seat (well...maybe the bus driver), or he could go off the deep end and start a huge commotion which may or may not lead to violence (there are people like this in the world). Few people want to take that risk, and I'm one of them.
I?m not saying you should throw the guy a good beating to straighten him out. I?m saying ignore the idiots with no manners and just get up yourself :lol:

if there?s something I really hate, it?s people complaining about stuff that other people do, which they have no power to change anyway... just learn to live with it...

Last edited:
People who complain
People who break traffic laws
People who complain that their independence is taken away ("And what happens next?!? No right for private enterprise bla bla blaa 1984!")
Mac-people

People who complain that their independence is taken away ("And what happens next?!? No right for private enterprise bla bla blaa 1984!")
Independence like...?

People that have their indicators on while being IN THE LANE to turn left. Yes, I know you're turning left. Now you're just blinding me and your stupid ass indicator will be flashing in my head for the next 20 minutes.

Don't agree with that one. With the amount of stupid drivers around, having that extra confirmation that they actually are turning that way is good. Indicators don't really blind either, they're small and out of the way.

What annoys me is people who have broken bulbs that cause the indicator to flash at double speed and don't realise. Isn't it obvious that the ticking sound and the dash light are both going faster?

edit: Might as well go for a few other things.

People who don't have the sense to park one car behind the other in our street. It's a road leading to a dead end, with space for 4 cars at the top (like a starting grid - 2 at the front, and 2 behind them) and spaces for another 4 at the side (individual spaces). a couple of people around here have 2 cars that are always parked out there (despite the fact that they both have garages) and sometimes they will leave one car parked at the front (but far enough back that nobody can park behind them) and one at the side. This is usually when it's busy.

People who park on the road leading up to my house, opposite another car parked on the road (which is otherwise empty because people use their driveways), leaving a tiny gap that I can't fit my Land Rover through. And doing it every week!

Last edited:
People who complain, but never do anything to fix the situation. Especially when the fix would only require a small effort.

People who insist on following 'the rules' without exceptions. When sometimes breaking the rules a bit would be just easier for everyone.

People who get worked up about small things in life. Even things that don't really affect themselves.

Last edited:
When some law makes me people to this or that or "nanny state" and the EU
Uh oh, careful there... especially in this decade, there has been considerable reason to complain about liberties. Check out the USA PATRIOT act and parallel UK laws, such as the one banning photography of policemen or even having policemen in pictures.

I?m not saying you should throw the guy a good beating to straighten him out. I?m saying ignore the idiots with no manners and just get up yourself :lol:

if there?s something I really hate, it?s people complaining about stuff that other people do, which they have no power to change anyway... just learn to live with it...

Oooh...no, both my and friend and I were standing. The bus was pretty packed, and got on the bus at the same time the old lady did.

when someone obviously is trying to insult you but then goes ... just kidding / no offence

- People that play music from their phones through the loudspeaker in public
i can relate to that, some of my friends enjoy blasting their shitty metal crap in public and we get dirty looks, they don't seem to care but it bothers me. (especially when they have headphones around their neck... FFS use them)

When some law makes me people to this or that or "nanny state" and the EU
Move to a country where you are paying for the EU crap instead of living in one that is getting the readies, then post an opinion.

Supposing there was an EU reg that said all trees are EU property and then loads of Brit logging companies turned up and chopped all yours down - you would think - yes that's fair (or perhaps you would not?). Well all I can say is - give us back our sodding Fish you EU thieves.

Last edited:
-When you say for example, how much to you like it out of 10 then? And the reply is anywhere above 10, such as 11. Its just one of those pet hates of mine :|
-As I am a scouser, people who put on a really scouse accent which sounds disgusting of say things such as 'lad' after every single thing they say.
-People who think they're/act 'hard'
-Generally the whole manners thing. Pushing into someone and not even looking. I say sorry even though I know it wasn't my fault. Manners are key.

I could go on forever and ever.

People who fit steering locks to cars made after 1996... theres no need.

- People that can't talk about anything else than their boyfriend/girlfriend. Annoys the hell out of me.

- People that can't talk about anything else than their boyfriend/girlfriend. Annoys the hell out of me.

Similarily:
Couples that show up at parties or other 'social events' and then isolate themselves from all the other people and spend the whole time exclusively with each other. It's just so pointless and annoying! If you want to spend time together, you don't have to meet other people to do that. And if you want to meet with your friends, don't sit on top of each other the whole time ffs.