The "Things that annoy me" thread

We have a water filter on the tap in the kitchen. Money well spent. A new filter is about fifteen bucks and it lasts for over a year. Way better than buying bottled water. Also, all those plastic bottles being made just for water... is a thing that annoys me.

Clean water coming straight from the tap. :thumbsup:
Around here buying bottled water does not make any sense, since it's probably dirtier than tap water.

The condition of our roads after this winters freezingperiod.... (BIG potholes everywhere, very unsafe conditions, lost off damage to cars because of them, entire sections of freeway where they had to implement a lowering of the speedlimits because everyone was wrecking their car )
Godfuckingdammit! how hard can it be? If you would have maintainded the roads properly over the years we wouldent be in this mess now!
Unfortunatly despite living in a country with one of the highest roadtaxes in the world, beeing taxed to death on just about everything else, and everybody paying through the nose on all sorts of trafficviolations imposed by fat lazy cops who wouldent recognise crime if it got up and stole their policecar from under them , yet always same to find reasons to ticket people (wether they actualy did something wrong isent realy all that important, its revenu that counts) you still don't have enough budget to keep the roads maintained?

Thats supposed to be what we motorist all get squeezed out like a lemon for isent it? MAINTENANCE OF THE ROADS.

And don't get me started on your halfassed attempts to fiks it now, only causing even more problems....way to little, way to late.

We have a water filter on the tap in the kitchen. Money well spent. A new filter is about fifteen bucks and it lasts for over a year. Way better than buying bottled water. Also, all those plastic bottles being made just for water... <menace>is a thing that annoys me.</menace>

FTFY.

You're kinda scary sometimes.

That I have to do my thesis. I have so many other things I want to do instead!
And that I need money for other things.
And that I need to do my thesis well to improve my changes of getting money.

I get paid cash a lot at work so i have to deposit the money in the bank before i can access it with a card. It's just easier for me to use the cash. The money that get's paid direct deposit i use to pay off accounts.

Why hello there, extraneous apostraphe.

Obviously you don't work retail. More than ever there is a sea change in retail where everyone is having to go after sales and offer "terrific customer service." [snip]

Like Future Shop/Best Buy, you walk in the door and whoever pulled bitch duty that shift has to stand by the rack with this week's fliers and say, very enthusiastically, "Hi!" and then you feel weird if you don't say hi back (or maybe that's just me being :canadian:?). And then you get two seperate people come over and bug you while you're looking at something inane like a mousepad or something, you tell them you don't need their help and then they go hang out by the speakers (which, by the way, are turned up way too loud and are playing terrible music) with half of the floor staff and then when you want something that's behind a glass case there's nobody around. And, no, I'm not going to pay an extra 20% for your extended warranty.

Why hello there, extraneous apostraphe.

I really want to give you some love for grammar nazism, but you spelled apostrophe wrong.

So no love for you.

:lmao: I blame not paying attention to what I'm typing (I forgot why I quoted that post and almost didn't remember)

I really want to give you some love for grammar nazism, but you spelled apostrophe wrong.

So no love for you.

He deserves to be punished anyway for deliberately writing "should of" in a rep comment to me. *nod*

ETA: He deserves some love for using and spelling "extraneous" correctly, though.

^I'll let you handle that love/punishment thing then. ;)

^ Not me. Observe:

1. The husband would probably disapprove.
2. I refuse to abuse my deteriorating shoulder and elbow unless there's a paycheck involved.

I was going to write a disclaimer about point 2, but screw it. Have fun with it, kids.

Oh, and Austere? That picture? Not scary. So ner.

^ Me too. Hear that, Austere? We demand a real picture! Unless it's only going to disappoint us!

He deserves to be punished anyway for deliberately writing "should of" in a rep comment to me. *nod*

ETA: He deserves some love for using and spelling "extraneous" correctly, though.

^I'll let you handle that love/punishment thing then. ;)

Hello. :wicked:

Also, spelling and grammar aren't the same thing. Just saying.

Was this Quadrax? If so i want to shower him in +rep. :)

If Austere doesn't look exactly like his avatar, I will be very disappointed.

^ Me too. Hear that, Austere? We demand a real picture! Unless it's only going to disappoint us!

Not even close. But I'm working on it. It's difficult for me to take the photo myself because I can't see it. I can do it much better into the mirror.

Last edited:
^ Coloring's right. Creepy grin is right. Ratio of face:frame is right. I'd say you did a fine job.

Was this Quadrax? If so i want to shower him in +rep. :)

It was Ramseus. Knock yerself out.

Last edited: