Ownership Verified: Time for a resurrection: 1994 Saab 900 turbo convertible

The Opel CIH engine has the timing mark on the flyweel in some model years as well.

It never fails to amaze me what can be found when you dig into a 'normal' old car that doesn't initially have evidence of GDPO all over it.

It never fails to amaze me what can be found when you dig into a 'normal' old car that doesn't initially have evidence of GDPO all over it.
In this case, there were some confusing signs that should've gotten me wondering, like the valve cover that is nonoriginal (and matches the same generation of car that the flywheel probably came off of), and the fact that it was originally an automatic car. In hindsight, things like the seized clutch master cylinder and problems with shifting gears may also be related to this clutch choice.

In this case, there were some confusing signs that should've gotten me wondering, like the valve cover that is nonoriginal (and matches the same generation of car that the flywheel probably came off of), and the fact that it was originally an automatic car. In hindsight, things like the seized clutch master cylinder and problems with shifting gears may also be related to this clutch choice.

It wasn't 'restored' on Wheeler Dealers, was it? It sounds similar to when they fitted a 280Z manual 'box to a 240Z and called it done. They also have a habit of 'upgrading' parts for no reason.

That would've been hilarious; I can definitely confirm that Pimp My Ride has never touched this car. I did try to dig up the early Wheeler Dealers episode about their experience with a classic 900, but that one was an earlier 80s car that wouldn't have been as relevant.

Passenger side suspension and brakes refreshed; had to also replace the lower control arm of all things, because the captive bolt that attaches to the lower shock had been stripped and wouldn't hold the securing nut. Now for the same refresh on the other side.

IMG_0491.jpg