User Reputation Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see two solutions.

1. Kill the rep (recommended option)

2. Leave the rep but close this stupid thread and ban any public discussion of it

I qould go for option 2.

Someone has just given me negative rep for posting about the outcome of the F1 in the Random Thoughts thread, I should be turning red very quickly!! :mrgreen:

I'm still for making usernames public. If you keep them hidden, people will be all over the mods and admins, whining and moaning about their negative reps, asking who did it and so on. I think it'll cause more trouble if you can't see the usernames, compared to if you can. And I promise you it will happen that people will rep others down neither stating their name or a valid reason. For that very reason, I am for making the usernames visible.

Anyone who is that much of a problem probably deserves the negative points. All a mod has to say is "Stop pestering me with this stuff or I banninate you for all eternity."

Problem solved.

Viper has chosen anyway, so now, we can only wait and see what'll happen. 8)

I guess KaJuN really hates spoilers. :lol:

Someone has just given me negative rep for posting about the outcome of the F1 in the Random Thoughts thread, I should be turning red very quickly!! :mrgreen:

Question out of interest because it hasn't been really answered so far: COULD admins remove / manipulate reputation points at all?

Just to add my poinion: I'd like to see that it is mandatory to leave an (objective) comment for why a negative reputation is given. (Nobody's arguing about positive points anyway) The whole reputation thing obviously would be nonsense if it was just misused to punish people because they had another opinion than you, but if there are justifable issues it might be helpful for members to know what exactly they did wrong / how they could improve in future.

Question out of interest because it hasn't been really answered so far: COULD admins remove / manipulate reputation points at all?
Yes we can. We can view all points for all people and their comments and change them.

At this point in time, I would like to state that unlike the other mods on this board - I am open to bribery! :D

PayPal or BPay. NO bank cheques please.

Yes we can. We can view all points for all people and their comments and change them.

At this point in time, I would like to state that unlike the other mods on this board - I am open to bribery! :D

PayPal or BPay. NO bank cheques please.

We ALL are open to bribery. :p

Actually, I'm going to keep it how it is now. Some valid points and that's pretty much how I felt all along. Making it public would result in people giving a -1 back just because they were given a -1 by that person.

Exactamundo. Keep it anonymous and for those of us that use it, if we like a post enough to "+1" it, we'll just let the person know ourselves.

Can we at least see who gives us rep, or for which posts. For some reason I have -6 points and I have no idea why.

Edit: Sorry I figured out how to find it. I just can't believe that one person can reduce your rep by -6 points with one click. I also can't believe that the person who gave me negative rep couldn't take a damn joke.

Can we at least see who gives us rep, or for which posts. For some reason I have -6 points and I have no idea why.

Edit: Sorry I figured out how to find it. I just can't believe that one person can reduce your rep by -6 points with one click. I also can't believe that the person who gave me negative rep couldn't take a damn joke.

Someone might have -12 now :(

Mods,

Could you please post a price-list for me?

Mods,

Could you please post a price-list for me?

That would lead to alot of competition between us..

Let's just say that a 20 would get you a few bars added :mrgreen:

Pffft. I got 3 bars... for free!

hbvfsdbhvfsdghsdfd.jpg

I miss them. :(

Someone might have -12 now :(

:(. Nah man, I was just a tad upset about one of my posts being -repped. Ah well... I'm not a douchebag so I know i can earn it back.

Btw.. were you the one that said hi? If so hi :p

Exactamundo. Keep it anonymous and for those of us that use it, if we like a post enough to "+1" it, we'll just let the person know ourselves.

True. Not for all, and certainly not for the neg's, if a post has been really good and I feel like it, I've been adding my name at the end of the rep. Like I said, haven't done it with all, just if I feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.