What kind a cars do the presenters own?

How much for that Ferrari? I get the feeling it's very cheap for such a car!

Check the link I posted :) It's 40,000 pounds. Not sure if that's 'cheap' to you :D

Off topic:

I was checking old Clarkson DVDs and i saw one where he got a Rover SD1 put a 5.2 litre engine in it

whatever happened to that car

Why would Hammond buy a Carrera 2S when he can afford the 911 Turbo and it's clearly better.

Why would Hammond buy a Carrera 2S when he can afford the 911 Turbo and it's clearly better.
Way back when they were testing the 911, old XKR, and the 645Ci, Hammond said something along the lines of, "for this money you can only get the simple, basic, Carerra 2. And that's good, because it's the best of the bunch."

I prefer NA porsches to turbo ones, NA feels much more raw and responsive than a turbo ever will.

awd is not necessary and it adds a good bit more weight to the car.

Why not a GT3 then? Heaven forbid you ever have to rebuild the engine have fun paying for replacement titanium bits that they use in the valvetrain and for internals.

Another thing, a friend of mine who owns a 997tt paid $130k+ for his and pays $15k a year in registration here in KS, that alone is damn near robbery even for someone making over $1.5 million a year.

Another thing, a friend of mine who owns a 997tt paid $130k+ for his and pays $15k a year in registration here in KS, that alone is damn near robbery even for someone making over $1.5 million a year.

So... uhhh... he said I could move in with him, didn't he? Because I already packed...

Off topic:

I was checking old Clarkson DVDs and i saw one where he got a Rover SD1 put a 5.2 litre engine in it

Sadly It was dumped in a field some time ago, I think it is being retored by enthusiasts now.

I Know Mays has the Rolls Corniche, Porchse Boxter, Fiat Panda and something else.

Hammond used to have a Vauxhall Frienza he was restoring with Practical Classics but he sold it and bought something else that needs fixing I belive.

I Know Mays has the Rolls Corniche, Porchse Boxter, Fiat Panda and something else.

Hammond used to have a Vauxhall Frienza he was restoring with Practical Classics but he sold it and bought something else that needs fixing I belive.
The some else is a landrover i think.
I thought he got rid of the 911 when he got the boxter?

The some else is a landrover i think.
I thought he got rid of the 911 when he got the boxter?

No, he bought the 911 when he made the radio documentary Speed, Greed and the M25, which was in the autumn of 2007. He had a go in it as it was a typical car of that period (the eighties) and liked so much he bought it. :)

someone asked for the article with hammond's heavily modified land rover defendes, well, here it is :)

http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2008/05/stories/03/1.html

here is an article with confirmation on jeremy selling his lambo and the reason why he bought it in first place :) ALSO CONFIRMS THAT JEREMY IS CONSIDERING BUYING THE MERCEDES SL65 !!

http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2008/07/stories/01/1.html

Here again Clarkson confirms that he wants the MERC SL65, and says that HAMMOND has a Vauxhall Firenza

http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2008/08/stories/01/1.html

Last edited:
I knew Hammond and Clarkson both have Land Rovers (seen Hammond's up close many times, sometimes with him driving it) but I don't think May has one. Could be wrong though, would be very interesting. If it's true, I bet it's an old one like mine. He has class, sort of :)

Off topic:

Its not dead yet, but it sure as hell isn't in Jeremy's hands anymore.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR5BIApAYXA[/YOUTUBE]

Check the link I posted :) It's 40,000 pounds. Not sure if that's 'cheap' to you :D

[sorry it took so long]

Well, think about it, when that car was new you could add a 1 to that figure. having lost somewhere in the region of ?10,000 a year, a ferrari for ?40,000 is still a hell of a lot of car for the money. A ferrari with a famous owner for ?40,000 is a positive bargain!