Your Camera Equipment

Don't forget that with the E-M5, he gets a 2x crop factor with a full meter of equivalent focal length! And that's before any teleconverters! :rofl: :lmao::lol:

You are officially insane :p

Don't forget that with the E-M5, he gets a 2x crop factor with a full meter of equivalent focal length! And that's before any teleconverters! :rofl: :lmao::lol:
Yes, I did manage to get a litte time with it yesterday. It wasn't an easy tool to work with; due to the very narrow viewing angle, subjects tend to be very hard to find while looking through the view finder. The manual focus isn't that hard to work with, it's merely about "learning" this lens' particular focusing traits. After a month working with the 300/2.8 Nikkor, I learned that one pretty well... This definitely requires a monopod though, while it's not really significantly heavier than the 300/2.8 Nikkor, it's longer, and the IBIS has to work much harder to compensate, thus hand holding this will return slightly blurry pictures...

That said, it was a lot of fun playing with it, will do more after the exams are done... :p

This was taken very close to the minimum focusing distance, hand held:
8215903541_ebeba72b4d_b.jpg

I want to learn more about taking photo with only cellphone camera. I think this is the future of everyday photography, can't compete with the pro, but still a doable skill learning.

It's called Point & Shoot. So you point. And shoot.

Learn to control the light and you'll make passable photos. But nothing more.

Framing also is a good place to start.

70-200 f4 arrived in the mail, despite reading the reviews, I'm still amazed how light and compact this lens is

8253968174_eee5fb1cf9_c.jpg

Will take some test shots when i get the chance

and i thought my Minolta 200mm looked big on my E-M5....holy crap!
Yes, the 500/4.5L is very big and slightly unwieldy to hold with the E-M5, you need to hold it like a rifle and it does require at least a monopod. I feel that the 300/2.8 is the limit to what I can comfortably shoot with hand held.

8208276321_bfe42aafbe_c.jpg

I also have a 200mm, the Canon FDn 200mm f2.8 IF: Picked it up for less than $200 from Keh.com
8208721912_f5f5167c73_c.jpg

8268922347_91c76b9e52.jpg

Recently added a D3S to the kit list. I think I'd go as far to say as I would actually make love to it.

I got the chance to handle a D4 just last week and not that I would ever get one, but I prefer the D3s greatly over it.

Some of Nikons newer cameras don't actually feel that much better than previous generations. On paper they seem better, but even comparing something like the 700 or even a 300s to the 800, they just feel so much snappier and willing to grab the shot.

Really, is there any particular reasons? I only ask as we're due to upgrade our deployment kit to a D4 sometime this year.

Really, is there any particular reasons? I only ask as we're due to upgrade our deployment kit to a D4 sometime this year.

I'm not fond of some of the button placements, like the focus mode button being on the side and quite simply, I don't see the why you would need to upgrade to a D4 from a D3s. The only drastic improvement are the video capabilities.

Perhaps I'm just not used to a D4 considering I only had a day to play with it, but that is A LOT of money spent on an upgrade that doesn't really do that much more.

Finally got a decent flash for my K10D. My dad picked it up second-hand but you would never know, it's in perfect condition. Been playing around a lot with off-camera flash now. :)

IMGP6807_zpsf7647dc0.jpg

Well, shit. Henry's has the V1 10-30 + 10mm kit for $400 so I picked one up as a beater hiking/everyday use camera.

224623348_zps98b81932.jpg

Nice that it uses the same battery as the D800. Might sell the 10mm and buy an underwater housing for it.

Last edited:
After hours of fighting myself last night, I caved and bought a lens. I just wired the money so its done :rolleyes:.

I just hope I don't regret it, but even if I do, I'd probably not make a loss when selling it.

I got myself one of these cuties! :woot:

Great choice on the 100-300, it's easily one of Sigma's best from that generation of lenses and holds its own against the 300/4 primes. I've been debating selling my 70-200/2.8 and buying a 100-300.