First World Problems thread

Here's a FWP. Being a long standing member of an amazing forum with declining membership and the only new members seem to be knuckle draggers who piss people off and get themselves banned.

But yes, he had to go and won't be missed.

an amazing forum with declining membership
That's the way it is. This forum is - on the surface, at least - dedicated to a TV show that had its prime a long time ago and doesn't even exist anymore.

Oh, thank god! I don't even have to ask who it is. First person I've ever had to put on my ignore list.

My FWP: I had to work today. Second weekend in a row.

That's the way it is. This forum is - on the surface, at least - dedicated to a TV show that had its prime a long time ago and doesn't even exist anymore.
Additionally, forums as a genre are slowly going the way of the Dodo in favor of Facebook and/or Whatsapp groups, it seems. All Forums I am on - hecktrieb.de, gearhead-efi, FinalGear, suffer from declining membership. That being said, the core groups stay intact, so I don't worry about the community as a whole.

Re: Declining Membership.

The Forum always used to get quiet between each of the series of (the old) Top Gear and sometimes did also have the odd moran joining up, trolling the shit & pissing people off!

In 2016, the will be two NEW shows launched, so some feeling of optimism is allowed here.

Notwithstanding what you may think, believe, expect or fear about either new show, there is a chance that they will be sucessful and bring new members to FG.

Where else would they go? :lol:

Playing a single player game nowadays

n467Ts6.png

Its worse then games don't let you play single player without an internet connection because .... reasons...

You live in a city with two big international airports, you (sort of) like one of them, you dislike the other. Of the last 5 flights you made, 4 were at the one you dislike and now you?re searching for flight no6 you can only find flights at horrendous times for the airport you like (like 6 in the morning) ... and some good flight times for the Airport you hate.

Oh, the pain!!!!

Last edited:
You live in a city with two big international airports, you (sort of) like one of them, you dislike the other. Of the last 5 flights you made, 4 were at the one you dislike and now you?re searching for flight no6 you can only find flights at horrendous times for the airport you like (like 6 in the morning) ... and some good flight times for the Airport you hate.

Oh, the pain!!!!
Guess you're going with the airport you hate then.

I had dinner at an awesome restaurant on Saturday and would like to visit there again. Problem: It's in the middle of nowhere, nearly 200 km from home. I may like driving, but that's a bit much...

My boss hasn't approved my time off request I put in for.

I wanna sleep in one more day (in my own bed which is the best kind of sleeping in!).

I had dinner at an awesome restaurant on Saturday and would like to visit there again. Problem: It's in the middle of nowhere, nearly 200 km from home. I may like driving, but that's a bit much...

That close.. :p
Koko%2Bn%25C3%25A4yt%25C3%25B6n%2Bkaappaus%2B4.4.2016%2B125355.jpg

How are the roads that lead to said restaurant?
I regularly drive 90km each way to a great German restaurant, but at least half of the way is a fun, twisty road...which I would enjoy much more in a ND Miata. :p

The last 30 km or so: very much fun if empty (like two days ago). But that leaves 150 km which are boring...

Aw, bummer. :(

I don't think it gets much worse than this. I was just asked to drive a 2016 Lexus RX350 home tonight for work. I'm going to, but I really don't want to.

/thread

Last edited:
My workplace will move to a new office in a couple months. We're currently located in a street where parking is only allowed if you have a permit. Luckily, I'm always early enough to snag up the one permit that isn't already claimed by one of the six account managers. The new office is located over a shopping center, and central management has already announced that they will not buy anyone a parking pass for the attached garage. So my options are now to either wo,alk 15 minutes frmo the nearest free parking zone, or pay 2000 eur per year for the parking pass. I think I'm going to back to commuting by train, then at least I can still do something useful while travelling.

or get another job...

if you're good enough, your boss will waive a parking pass before you're out of the building
and if he doesn't, you're not respected enough, and they don't deserve you! :p