Gran Turismo 5

Even with 540 horsepower and a full customize transmission the guy was having trouble. But he finally got a good gap and I just told that bastard to pace up the whole race. It was close but he got it.

Funny thing is, even at full throttle all the way around (yeah he did manage to do that), his cornering speed was 150, and the max he ever saw on the straights was 154. 0.o Drag much...

The guy is also such a hardass that the whole race didn't even move his stamina bar. Fitting, then, that his name is R. Lee.

Last edited:
I took me north of 700hp to win that stupid race.

Well, I'm stumped. I'll be fooked if I'm going to get the platinum trophy with the damned pad.

Leaving the majority of the A-Spec endurance races for last, along with the blasted X1 challenge, I don't see any way I'm going to get gold on Gran Tour's Eiger in the 8C on ice skates or the ridiculous 7:05 in the AMG school in the SLS. I'm less than a second away on Eiger and 1.2s off on the 'Ring.

At least at this point I've done so many damned laps at the 'Ring that I'd feel comfortable taking my own car around it at speed.
:?

Got bronze on the X1 challenge, I know lots of others have as well but it finally means to me that I am as good with the G25 as I was before, there was quite a learning curve.

Also, the Lamborghini Gallardo NEEDS a wing, especially when you add a few HP.

I bronzed the X1 challenge (each one, mind you) on the first try for all three tracks.

I'm not even halfway though my 24h of LeMans. Its been almost 2 weeks.

On a completely unrelated side now, lukenwolf, I love your avatar.

FUCK FUCK FUCK!

My playstation went to that screen that said update 1.09 is available. And I accidentally hit X instead of O.

So it quit the game, and my race.

If you try to shutdown a PC with an MS Word doc open, it asks if you want to save or cancel the shutdown. Why can't the PS3 do the same.

GODDAMIT. I was 11.5 hours in.

Just got around to do the new seasonal events today and the last race for the Lambo event was epic. I was using a stock Murcielago LP-670 SV with sport soft tires on the Toscana track (I don't know if it's randomly created for different people) with the light changing from day to night was just epically beautiful (especially in the replay). :D

Also, here's a tip for those complaining about the handling of the newer Lambos and Ferraris (too much understeer, etc.): don't use tires less than sports soft (it's amazing how much of a difference there is between the stock sports hard tires and the sports soft tires). ;)

I have understeer problems in a lot of high power rear wheel drive cars. I'm probably just over driving them.... for the Lambo I had to add a wing, it made a big difference in handling. Sports soft tires are a must as well.

PSN down... I don't know how to make money without the seasonal races. ):

well, psn down is actually a good thing for me so i take myself away from the game. the last time i played gran turismo was probably gt3 and i did not complete gtpsp at all, so i'm quite deprived from this game and it has got me going a lot. i've mostly been grinding the last K-car cup race for money which has been extremely useful - but increasingly boring for me. i also managed to finish the annoying jeff gordon nascar challenge, which annoyed the hell out of me since the intermediate level. i haven't finished a lot of the specials and the a and b spec parts of the game so when i go back i have things that i can dwell time into. taking my 442hp (now almost 440hp) Subaru legacy 2.0gt spec b wagon on circuit de la sarthe was extremely interesting, especially since the game decided to put me against ferrari 458s and gallardos for the race. this was arcade mode by the way.

but the significant lack of races for the cars in A-spec mode was quite suprising for me. I haven't tried gt4 before so the AI mode is new grounds for me and hard to compare which model is better.

If my Mini (front wheel drive) is smoking up the outside wheel in corners, is that a sign that the LSD is too strong? My understanding is that open diff cars tend to spin power away on the inside wheel, and this seems to be the opposite. If I push it further, both front wheels lose it, which is just understeer.

Or am I just trying to find an excuse for crappy driving?

Hmmm. Just watching some youtube clips, ran into something slightly disturbing.

GT4:

GT5:

Not only is the graphical representation of a WET TRACK waaaay better in GT4, but the implementation of sound is also far and away from GT5. Notice how you can actually hear the wet road as well as lots of wind noise. It sounds and actually LOOKS better than GT5, at least in this particular circumstance.

Damn you...you?re right.

As annoyed as I get about all the little issues with graphics, gameplay, effects etc. that keep popping up and spoiling the experience, I do feel a bit bad for Kazunori. Knowing what a perfectionist he is he must be as annoyed as anyone by all the imperfections in his game. I just hope everyone at PD learn from their mistakes and make GT6 (whenever that comes out) the best game ever.

If the PS2 could do shiny roads (albiet with only 2 cars on track) why can't the PS3 accomplish the same feat?