Random Thoughts....

I just found out that "Man vs Wild" is called "Born Survivor: Bear Grylls" in the UK.....odd

I had an argument with this mall security guy. I usually keep a pretty level head, but this guy was acting like such an asshole. I was working late with a friend, passed 1AM, and when I finally started leaving the exit closest to my store was locked. The mall itself is huge, so we drove around and couldn't find a way out. When we got to the center we saw a mall security truck, it was 100 feet away and there were cones where we were. So I got out, moved the cone so my friend could go through, and then placed the cone back. When we got to the security guy he told us that we aren't supposed to move the cones (obviously) and the correct way to leave is to go all around the entire mall and then somehow it wraps through to where he was and then to the exit. Anyway, not a big deal. We explained that we didn't know yada yada and he lifted another cone where he was and let us go.

When when we passed this other security guy came racing through in a golf cart and literally yelled "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!?" (something like that). So my friend, who was driving, in a respectful way told him to basically drop the attitude. The guy was being arrogant and arguing that we aren't supposed to move the cones etc. I don't remember how the conversation exactly went, but he ended up saying something about how we won't be allowed on the premises again. Which of course set me off, I'm a tenant and it's bullshit to threaten me like that (or anybody else really). So I asked what his name was and he flat out refused to tell me, asking me what my name was then. I asked him again and he wouldn't tell me. So I stormed out of the car towards him to read his name tag. He told the other guy to take down our plate and call the police (seriously, for moving a cone). I told him that I didn't need his fucking attitude. (Generally I don't curse, but this guy was such an asshole he needed it). He was like "am I supposed to talk to you like girls" or something, so I had to explain to him what tone means. And I also told him to have more respect to the other security guy who already handled the situation. At some point I told him that I own a place there, he didn't respond to that but it probably prevented him from pursuing this any further because it would have been really stupid on his part. Oh, and he also said something about if it were he who we approached after moving the cone he would have made us go around. Like c'mon, what would that accomplish? I'm there already, it's late....really?

We weren't arguing about moving the cone, which we admit was wrong (even though it wasn't clear how to exit), it was the approach the security guy took. If he had to chime in, all he had to say was "Excuse me, but you aren't supposed to move the cones" or whatever.

Anyway, we then left and I'm thinking of either complaining to the head of security in person or in writing. Just so that there is a record in case anything else happens.

I wonder if my driving instructor will smack me over my head if I take off my shoes to drive during the lesson :|

I wonder if my driving instructor will smack me over my head if I take off my shoes to drive during the lesson :|
It?s kind of illegal here ... (there is no law against it or one saying what you can or cannot wear to drive, but in case of an accident your insurance might will not cover for you)

[...]Anyway, we then left and I'm thinking of either complaining to the head of security in person or in writing. Just so that there is a record in case anything else happens.
Security People live in their own (frustrated) world and their boss is in there with them ... they?ll prob even get a pad on the back for being so GOOD at their job people even complain about them.

Not that I?m trying to tell you not to complain ... just maybe not to the security company ... but to the company that hired the security company if that isn?t the same here ... (I guess even Malls source security out these days)

4:45 AM? Check.

Still sick? Check.

Five hours of sleep? Check.

I'm off to be a volunteer photographer for the Race for the Cure!

My dad would disagree if we were talking about a 10-hour journey. :lol: When it's a 250+ km trip, and it's hot weather like it is today, he always drives barefoot.

250km ?? And your dad considers that a long journey ? That's a 2 hour drive, barely enough time to get settled in behind the wheel. Furthermore doesn't the man have air-conditioning ?

Last edited:
250 km gets me to almost the other end of my country so yes, 250 km is a long drive for a lot of people. And feet may get clammy in shoes whatever the temperature. I wouldn't drive without shoes, however :)

250km ?? And your dad considers that a long journey ? That's a 2 hour journey, barely enough time to get settled in behind the wheel. Furthermore doesn't the man have air-conditioning ?

2 hours? You haven't seen the roads around here. Sometimes 250km can be about twice that...

Well... actually, the only time I clearly remember him driving barefoot was on a cross-country 700km drive, but I'm sure it happened some other times.

I'm posting this here because the food forum doesn't get much traffic....Tonight I am grilling yellow fin tuna steaks for the first time....any helpful suggestions from someone that has grilled tuna before?

I had an argument with this mall security guy. I usually keep a pretty level head, but this guy was acting like such an asshole. I was working late with a friend, passed 1AM, and when I finally started leaving the exit closest to my store was locked. The mall itself is huge, so we drove around and couldn't find a way out. When we got to the center we saw a mall security truck, it was 100 feet away and there were cones where we were. So I got out, moved the cone so my friend could go through, and then placed the cone back. When we got to the security guy he told us that we aren't supposed to move the cones (obviously) and the correct way to leave is to go all around the entire mall and then somehow it wraps through to where he was and then to the exit. Anyway, not a big deal. We explained that we didn't know yada yada and he lifted another cone where he was and let us go.

When when we passed this other security guy came racing through in a golf cart and literally yelled "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!?" (something like that). So my friend, who was driving, in a respectful way told him to basically drop the attitude. The guy was being arrogant and arguing that we aren't supposed to move the cones etc. I don't remember how the conversation exactly went, but he ended up saying something about how we won't be allowed on the premises again. Which of course set me off, I'm a tenant and it's bullshit to threaten me like that (or anybody else really). So I asked what his name was and he flat out refused to tell me, asking me what my name was then. I asked him again and he wouldn't tell me. So I stormed out of the car towards him to read his name tag. He told the other guy to take down our plate and call the police (seriously, for moving a cone). I told him that I didn't need his fucking attitude. (Generally I don't curse, but this guy was such an asshole he needed it). He was like "am I supposed to talk to you like girls" or something, so I had to explain to him what tone means. And I also told him to have more respect to the other security guy who already handled the situation. At some point I told him that I own a place there, he didn't respond to that but it probably prevented him from pursuing this any further because it would have been really stupid on his part. Oh, and he also said something about if it were he who we approached after moving the cone he would have made us go around. Like c'mon, what would that accomplish? I'm there already, it's late....really?

We weren't arguing about moving the cone, which we admit was wrong (even though it wasn't clear how to exit), it was the approach the security guy took. If he had to chime in, all he had to say was "Excuse me, but you aren't supposed to move the cones" or whatever.

Anyway, we then left and I'm thinking of either complaining to the head of security in person or in writing. Just so that there is a record in case anything else happens.

Why did you bother arguing, I usually just drive away. Gives their ego a hit when someone doesn't respekt thar authoritay.

250km ?? And your dad considers that a long journey ? That's a 2 hour drive, barely enough time to get settled in behind the wheel. Furthermore doesn't the man have air-conditioning ?

I don't know what it is with people and short journeys being considered long, but my friend considers a 45-minute journey across town to 'be long and waste too much gas'.

I find it becomes increasingly difficult to control my intake of cherry jelly beans after I go buy a half pound of them.

2 hours? You haven't seen the roads around here. Sometimes 250km can be about twice that...

Are they the same (or worse) than 18 years ago, then I understand perfectly :|

^I had to dig up that thread and post!! :lol:
That was hilarious, unfortunately i can't + rep you at the moment!

Why the fuck does it cost so much to get the train into London? I mean surely they have enough commuters to make some money off, but charging ?10 extra for taking the train before 10am - doubling the ?10 normal price? I'm so tempted to go in an hour later and save myself a wad.