The general Massachusetts meetup thread

Surprise hello from Mexico!

wait worcester meet? when? i don't have class anymore so i can actually go...

Back in the 'Bury, Imperial Buffet meetup sometime? (I'm leaving for Barcelona on the 25th-29th.)

Back in the 'Bury, Imperial Buffet meetup sometime? (I'm leaving for Barcelona on the 25th-29th.)

I?m coming back from Mexico on the 26th.

Any big parking lot where there aren't cops.

OR, should you have major brass balls, http://www.scca.com/newsarticle.aspx?hub=2&news=3555 will be happening again this January. Then it's legal and there's nothing the cops can do!

Here's the info: http://www.ner.org/rally/rx/event/20100116_engravingawardsgiftscom-rallycross-and-national-challenge

I'll be there, but not racing. A bunch of my friends will be racing, though, so I'll be shooting pictures and rigging my GoPro to their cars for videos.

Last edited:
Do I sense a FG meeting in the making? I'll be there with CTSubie, but I can cross-socialize! Heck, if you let me know your car make, model, and number, I'll even make sure to take pictures of you drifting through a winter wonderland.

Note on the site it says: "The smooth, hard surface makes this a good opportunity for cars that could not normally compete on softer surfaces. There may even be snow."

Also, you ARE allowed to take a co-driver with you on your laps so you can feel like a WRC driver.

Also also, who wants to see the Jaaaaaaaaaaaaag doing some sweet winter drifts? Eh? Fiero v. Jaaaaaaaaag v. Wankel? Could be fun!

The last time I rallycrossed, I tore off the underbody panels of my MR2. Might as well continue my tradition of rallycrossing inappropriate unmodified cars :mrgreen:. I'm definitely interested.

hmm i don't have a car for the rallyx but i always down for chinese food buffet... always...

hmm i don't have a car for the rallyx but i always down for chinese food buffet... always...

Sir, you make yourself sound like an excellent co-driver! Can you sit in a passengers seat? Can you spout unintelligible things that are supposed to help, not distract the driver? If you're Irish, can you swear a Metric tonworth? (I'm not being stereotypical, just search YouTube for the Irish swearing rally codriver). Do you have functioning eyes?

In all seriousness, I'm intrigued but realistically I have zero experience and can't afford to mess up my DD.

I guess I need to do some more research. If it's all flat snow, inexpensive to enter/prep the car, time trial (no risk of collision), and there is time to practice.... then it's unlikely but not impossible. I mean, I was joking when I mentioned it but when I think about it, it sounds awesome.

Prep for the car is taking out anything that might fly about, and your floormats (at least in autocross) so you don't get your pedals stuck. And blue painter's tape if you want. It is time trial style. This is the gentlest event on the schedule; guys who won't autocross their cars for fear of hitting a cone come out in their Subies for it. Seriously. If any potholes or anything develops, from what I've been told, they change the course around so it's out of play.

And from what they make it sound, there's a practice course that you can tool around on while you're not racing or not working.

Last edited:
The last time I rallycrossed, I tore off the underbody panels of my MR2. Might as well continue my tradition of rallycrossing inappropriate unmodified cars :mrgreen:. I'm definitely interested.

The supercharger will help kick the rear end out! I'll be SURE to get pictures of a rallycrossing Jaaaaaaaaaag

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfZNCSnZ_8c[/YOUTUBE]

Anybody want to meet up at Five Guys in Worcester sometime this weekend? Sunday night preferably.