Random Thoughts....

I seem to be having trouble adjusting back to Melbourne weather and timezone. I still feel a bit nauseated from the heat and dry weather, and am still getting headaches.....grr....

fluids - something like staminade might be something good to have (not gatorade - too much sugar could make it worse)

I read the new Alex Rider book and guess what? While I thoroughly enjoyed it; the entire time it was making me feel entirely inadequate. This guy is what six months older than me and he's 5"7; strikingly good looking, speaks a dozen languages and has an almost endless list of athletic abilities. He is the quintessential Hollywood flawed hero in that he isn't flawed....at all and his supposed 'flaw' just makes him seem even more perfect. At least make him a 'little' sad so I don't feel completely out of my depth. I know he isn't real but that just makes me think of all the people at school who are like him and that damn right pisses me off. In the past I shrugged it off because he was still way older than me and I could leave it but with six months in between that just isn't happening and I have to constantly remind myself that he's not real just to convince myself that I'm not a complete loser.

Anyone annoyed by the pedantic smartass assholes that tell you that the next decade starts in 2011 because there was no year 0 or something like that. The same people that told you that this millenium started at 2001. Well f you.

There was a year 0 because the whole thing was invented by some monk way after it was supposed to be. Decades start when the numbers change. Only idiot would argue 90's lasted from 91-00, it's in the name already you fools!

Anyway, when going to bed last night (this morning actually, but anyway) I realized that tomorrow is going to be third decade for me. Well, can't tell anything from the 80's or most of the 90's, but hell I'm feeling old. It's a make or brake the 2010's, I should get through school and hit 30 before the end. Scary thoughts. :blink:

I know he isn't real but that just makes me think of all the people at school who are like him and that damn right pisses me off. In the past I shrugged it off because he was still way older than me and I could leave it but with six months in between that just isn't happening and I have to constantly remind myself that he's not real just to convince myself that I'm not a complete loser.

:hug: Yeah I know what you mean. I think it was a couple of years ago when I read the books - when I was the same age too :p People from school etc will always exist like that - you just have to try and stick to the people you like, and who like you and ignore the others. Have a *hug* from me.

OK boys and girls who are are experiencing feelings of inadequacy, scared of aging, and all that guff (and yes, I'm included in that group), listen up.

DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.

If you want to go out and feed the homeless every night, build low cost housing in third world countries, be a defender of human rights on the international stage - go ahead.

If you want to have a job to cover the bills and spend all your free time playing video games - go ahead.

If you want to have children at 21, be married, buying a house and spending your evenings holding tupperware parties - go ahead.

You only get one life at a time (or ever). Don't worry about what other people are doing, or what is expected of you. The only expectations you need to live up to are your own. If you want to do better, go out and do it. Yes, I'm as guilty as the rest of you, and I intend to stop it.

Your life doesn't stop at 30, or 40, or 50, or 60, or 70...

You can learn a new language at 65 and tour the country you've been wanting to go to all your life
You can be living in a share house at 30 with your mates and become the champion of the house at GT4
You can write your first book at 40
You can go to a pub at 35 and have a night out with your mates from school
You can fall in love at 50
You can spend your spare time at 45 making airfix models
You can run your own business at 20

This year is the year to stop saying 'I wish' and start saying 'I will'

I'll shut up for a bit now, I've come over all faint.

I'm melting, melting!!

It's going to be about -10 degrees celsius here tonight, I'm gonna need extra socks, and mittens, and scarves, and a hat.

Happy New Year Australia (East coast)

Indeed. Happy new year people!

*I still feel like shit. But whatever.

Woo Hoo Happy New Year, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane people (oh and Hobart too). But it had to be a shitty night to celebrate.

you are all wishing happy new year...

...and i am still at work

bummer :|