Random Thoughts....

When I was about 13 our neighborhood took a direct hit from an F3, scariest moments of my life. Thankfully my family and I were spared, but 3 of our neighbors perished.

*devastation*

Daaamn. Okay, I'll stop joking about tornadoes.

For the record, nothing happened, and I didn't see anything. I live next to a 3800 ft mountain so that probably disrupts the wind or something and makes it hard for them to form. But I don't know.

^
^ LOL. I still have at least two pairs long dark blue socks that were part of the school uniform I wore at the school I went to until year 10, meaning the last time I wore then would have been December 2002. I don't think I need those anymore.

Socks are inherently funny. Just like ducks, or the name Fred.*

* Sincere apologies to any IRL Freds I may have offended.

Socks are inherently funny. Just like ducks, or the name Fred.*

Speaking of ducks, I'm reading the book Catcher in the Rye where the protagonist Holden keeps asking people about where the ducks go when the Central Park Lake is frozen. His stupidity is so annoying, that I fucking hate that kid. :wall:

I love that book! He's asking because he is relating himself to the ducks, where does he go? What happens to him?

Nice excuse, I could never tell a lie or else I would screw my face up with laughter. And this is not even College/Uni level. We're talking final year of High-School. (Or if you want to be more specific, VCE) However, I think I will be yelled at, which is okay but I somehow still get very sensitive when people yell. Still don't know why.

Damn, I've always hated being yelled at too - hopefully, s/he will retain some manner of professionalism, but it does quickly goes out the window. I went to an arts high school, and well, there was always a fine line between teacher and artist. :blink: But hey, it's your last year - enjoy it while it lasts. :D

When I was in my last year of primary school, the deputy principal had the loudest, most terrifying yell I have ever heard, and he used to use it a lot. I was never on the receiving end, thankfully. :shudders:

Actualy, looking back on it, damn that school was crap! :wall: Private schools really aren't all they're cracked up to be. I spent my last two years of school (VCE years) in a government school and loved it. We were actually treated with respect, like adults (rather than like disobedient animals) even if the behaviour of the students was more disruptive and disinterested in general.

When I was in my last year of primary school, the deputy principal had the loudest, most terrifying yell I have ever heard, and he used to use it a lot. I was never on the receiving end, thankfully. :shudders:

Ask Tiff about my shouting at the idiot woman who nearly hit us while we were riding.

And that wasn't even at full volume.

School's more fucked up these days. Most of the guys at my school have no respect for teachers what-so-ever or people they don't like because they suck/smarter than them/are asian. The only people they care about are other douches and slutty girls. And I can't stand 15 year old tall skinny caked-faced girls going out with guys in my year level who just skate around and smoke and drink and doing shit they shouldn't be doing.

To sum up this teenage madness, a 19 year old was stabbed at a girl's 18th (who happened to go to my school in the year above me) and later died at the scene. People don't really get life, do they?

Ask Tiff about my shouting at the idiot woman who nearly hit us while we were riding.

And that wasn't even at full volume.

Yeah, the scary part was that I could still hear Dave at what sounded like full volume... with him facing away from me and through my earplugs and helmet. I'm not usually one for yelling at people who drive a two ton torpedo, but damn did she deserve it.

Speaking of which, I'm sick and tired of goddamned abso-fucking-lutely stupid drivers. Our friend was rear ended this week. That makes three rear end collisions since we've moved here in 6 months - Dave and I in the Honda, his mum in her brand new Volvo, and now our friend in her spankin' clean Fusion. :? /rant

No they don't, I completely agree with you. If someone doesn't understand what is being taught in class they complain how the class is stupid.

:???:

Blind Io is really called Dave?

:rofl:

The mystique has gone........

You may therefore need this.....

15288__mystique_l.jpg

Last edited:
I'm officially in Nabster's town of Laramie, Wyoming. I'm going to drive around looking for a green mustang.

Remember to search for a White Grand Prix next to it just to be sure ;) :p

The mustang is under a cover in the driveway, doubtful you'd be able to see it. The Grand Prix wasn't at the house next to it all night until 5 minutes ago because I was at a party. :lol:

Tomorrow (today rather, it's nearly 3 am now) I'll be home all day. Although I probably wont be up until 9 or so.

Speaking of ducks, I'm reading the book Catcher in the Rye where the protagonist Holden keeps asking people about where the ducks go when the Central Park Lake is frozen. His stupidity is so annoying, that I fucking hate that kid. :wall:

I hate that book, he never DOES anything.

Just always umm-ing and aah-ing.

Mhmm, guessing you're in year 11? lol

Year 12, actually. Only the Literature books are interesting, such as Slaughterhouse 5, Frankenstein and Lady with the Little Dog and Other Stories (although the last Russian novel I read bore the shit out of me: It was a Solznitzyn (sp?) book)

I have NO idea what books I had to read for my Yr12. That shows how important they were to me. :lol:

On another note, I have clocked up 450kms since Saturday morning doing favours for friends. They are now on notice that next time I'm asking for petrol money.

Do teachers go batshit crazy if you've had two months to read a book or draw some crap on a page and you didn't do it?

If the VCE is anything like the HSC, you don't really need to read the books to pass (especially if it is English) and the teachers don't give a crap whether you do or don't. I didn't read "Frankenstein" for one of my English modules and just used the Excel study guides (NSW only sorry :() and passed- got a rather good mark actually...

On an educational note, think I may have just organised my timetable for semester 1 at uni, and I think I will have Mondays and Fridays off if I can get the timetable I have planned. So question for Aus uni students- can you pull off a timetable (i.e. is it physically possible for you to manage this when it comes around) so that you have stuff running right after the other? I.e. I have quite a few scenarios like this:

11am-1pm- lecture for 1 subject
1pm-2pm tutorial for another subject.

All of my classes are within the same 3-4 building block and are within 1-3 minutes walking distance. I'm just wondering whether or not i will be able to pull this off.

Have one day with 7 hours of lectures, workshops and tutorials too, but that is pretty much so going to have to stay. Faculty of business and law seems to love Wednesdays but hate Fridays... :blink: