Ding Dong, the Hummer's dead.

H2 will be a classic car indicative of the time and people who made it. Hummer the brand is no longer viable in the world today. I don't understand why GM is playing hardball with these desperate sales, price them low because they got to go. Its a car lot of savings at Menards!

H2 will be a classic car indicative of the time and people who made it.

Agreed. If you want a long term investment, buy one and park it for a couple decades.

So, why can't GM actually close a deal on any of it's brands? First Saturn falls through, Saab just barely went through, now Hummer. Didn't Pontiac fall through, too?

They didn't try to sell Pontiac.

I actually kinda like the H3, and my girlfriend wants go get one when her Maxima eventually dies if we can afford it. Still not surprised to see this happen, and I considered the sale to a Chinese company a deathblow anyway.

I actually kinda like the H3, and my girlfriend wants go get one when her Maxima eventually dies if we can afford it.

Is[was] your girlfriend by chance a man or cousin?

No, the H3 is a girl's truck, so as a girl that kinda likes trucks but has no real concern for truck-like utility, she likes it.

The Hummer wasn't any worse in that regard than, say, a Tahoe.

Yes, actually it was. Because of all of the bulk of the Hummer body and styling, the inside had a fraction of the utility.

So, why can't GM actually close a deal on any of it's brands? First Saturn falls through, Saab just barely went through, now Hummer. Didn't Pontiac fall through, too?

I don't think Pontiac was ever officially for sale so no that didn't fall through.

Probably because the buyer starts looking at the debts that will come with the brand and runs screaming for the hills.

That and what of value does Hummer really have? The tooling isn't unique since the platforms are just modified GM units. Their is no real brand equity anymore. Anyone seen driving one is given the insta-douche image. No new technology to speak of and no chance of brand synergy with any other company to share costs of developing new models. Plus no real new models on the horizon.

Pontiac was in basically the same shape except for the G8 as one bit of new product and maybe they had a little more brand equity.

SAAB had the best brand equity of the group since GM spent the last ten years destroying all the good will Saturn had earned over the years.

SAAB had some real technology worth having and three new models on the horizon.

Don't worry, the engine and chassis live on in the rest of the GM trucks. The Hummer wasn't any worse in that regard than, say, a Tahoe, it just became the scapegoat because of its image.

But see the H2 really is worse then the Tahoe. It is a similar platform but overweight to the point that its GVWR is over 8,500 lbs meaning it doesn't have to even be tested for MPG at least not under the current standards. I am sure that was on purpose from GM too. A It is bigger on the outside not really any more room on the inside and gets much, much worse gas mileage.

No, the H3 is a girl's truck, so as a girl that kinda likes trucks but has no real concern for truck-like utility, she likes it.

I know of at least two girls that drive them just in the garage that I'm in. Definitely a girl's truck. White with chrome accents- yuck.

I lol'ed at the thread title.

Anyway, good riddance; Hummer won't be missed.

In fact, the GM corporation wouldn't be missed.

From what I have observed in my area the Hummer Douches / Douchettes are now driving Audi Q7's and BMW X5's. And still talking loudly on their cell phones, and riding an inch from my cars rear, because I have the the audacity, the utter cheek to drive only 5-9 mph over the speed limit.

Yes, actually it was. Because of all of the bulk of the Hummer body and styling, the inside had a fraction of the utility.

He was referring to fuel economy, in which case a 2006 Tahoe is rated at 13/18 MPG, and a 2006 H2 is.... wait, what?

NA/NA 1 1. H2 exceeds the weight limit for vehicles tested in the EPA fuel-economy program.

:lol:

But my dad gets about 15 MPG so it's pretty close.

Doesn't it share a platform with the Colorado and that horrible inline 5 gasoline motor?

Don't get me wrong, I liked the I5 configuration on our old Benz, but I've yet to hear a good thing about that motor.

GM will probably keep the I5 until the R &D and castings are paid off, and drop it faster than the oh so beloved Pontiac 301 V8.
Course, from the worthless ashes of the 301 came the 2.5 Iron Duke (aka the 2.5 Try To Kill Me), which was a good engine.

Doesn't it share a platform with the Colorado and that horrible inline 5 gasoline motor?

Don't get me wrong, I liked the I5 configuration on our old Benz, but I've yet to hear a good thing about that motor.

Yeah the H3 is a modified Colorado platform. The 4.2 liter I6 is a good motor but the I5 which is based off that engine just blows.

Do they offer any Vortec 4200 car with a stick?

Do they offer any Vortec 4200 car with a stick?
Of course not, this is GM we're talking about. :p

I'm just sad it took this long for Hummer to die. Why anyone would ever want one is beyond me. Unless they're compensating for something.

the 2.5 Iron Duke (aka the 2.5 Try To Kill Me), which was a good engine.

Not screwing a spark plug in all the way and not noticing it for a few months is a good way to completely fry a cylinder. I would know... <_< Yes, that's user error, not the engine killing itself, but yknow.

Our local Hummer dealer just finished a brand new building less than a year ago. Maybe they can sell it to a Honda or Hyundai dealer. LOL
http://img64.imageshack.**/img64/3922/297e9c10d54a10048e65101.jpg

They'll just sue GM.