Random Thoughts....

this car is for young people around a city who do not want the now too common mini-

Hmm? Did you see very many while you were in the states? Because they aren't anywhere near as common as in the UK.

There's a lot of them here in the GTA. And I mean a lot.

You hear a whistling overhead
Are you alive or are you dead?
It's only Thursday(What time is it?)
You feel the shaking on the ground
A million candles burn around
Is it your birthday?(What time is it?)

I don't understand Sex in the City and really wish the media would get over it already.

What's not to understand? It's a powerfully compelling story about a group of people trying to be victorious in the face of defeat and accomplish great things in such poor times. Oh wait, I'm confusing Sex and the City with Seabiscuit again.

WTOP News said:
A tractor-trailer hauling whiskey is stuck beneath a train bridge near New Market and leaking some of its load, Maryland State Police say.

Police say the truck got stuck around 1:20 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of Route 75 and Baldwin Road. The railroad overpass there is a tight squeeze for big rigs.

The accident has forced the closure of Route 75. Police say a detour has been set up.

Welcome to Frederick County. :lol:

What's not to understand? It's a powerfully compelling story about a group of people trying to be victorious in the face of defeat and accomplish great things in such poor times. Oh wait, I'm confusing Sex and the City with Seabiscuit again.

Not your fault. There are horses involved with both so I can see where you'd get confused.

Reactions: TC
I am currently watching a movie on tv, the commercials came on and a few minutes in I caught myself thinking 'what was I just watching?' I knew it was a movie because I remember thinking I didn't have time to watch it all way to the end because I have to get up early tomorrow, but I couldn't remember what it was :unsure:

*goes to bed before forgetting where that is*

There's a lot of them here in the GTA. And I mean a lot.

Well, GTA has that thing where it will sometimes spawn 90% of traffic as a single car model, most often the one you already drive. Sometimes it's really annoying when you just grabbed a pile of shit so you don't have to walk, and then you can't get anything better as everything else is the same shit.
On the other hand, it can be quite useful when you've got a good car that you accidentally ran into a lightpost or one too many police blocades - just hop out, and grab a fresh one. Hey presto, good to go again!

Oh, wait, I think you might be talking about a different GTA... :p

I don't understand Sex in the City and really wish the media would get over it already.

What? You're female and you're not madly in love with SitC???

Congratulations, you're very likely to be a lady of substance. SitC is best used as a filter to weed out vapid whiny women that real men do not want to be around, IMHO. :D Which, amusingly, then reinforces the SitC devotee's show-derived convictions and opinions...

"Dancing with the stars" and soap operas in general also fill this bill. They help produce drama queens who think they are worthy of diva treatment after the BS they think is ok.

Seriously, if you want a good dramatic movie or tv show, they are out there. The above mentioned are trash.

I do wonder how long it will take for one of the SiTC fans to get jailed for acting like the show cast does in the movie ads after they go to Dubia.

I went to uni with a girl that was totally obsessed with that show, every day after a new ep was out she would talk about nothing else :rolleyes:

You should have reminded her that you are fully qualified to use a gun, and could have probably blown her head off at 100 yards.

(Yes, mgkdk is that awesome, if anyone here didn't know)

I love SatC- it's amusing and good to watch at the end of a long day when you don't want to have to think too much. 16 and pregnant and various fishing programs fall into this category. And I'll probably be going to see the movie next Friday (most likely on my own as my sis will be in school, but meh. I'll have a shopping/movie pamper day)

and the Fiesta ads over here are pretty boring and to the point. They had a decent one out at first but it disappeared. I will probably have a new Fiesta as my next car, but I really want one of the new VW Polos. Love them, but I'm not sure if I will be able to afford it initially when insurance and the first few services come into play.

Last edited:
I'm having a day off with the girls next Friday too. They are big fans, me, not so much, but I'll watch it - don't ask me plot or put names to characters etc. I'm more going for the nice lunch out (for a friend's b-day) the Dendy Premium cinema and having the ability to quaff champers, eat cake and watch a movie. Yes, I know I can do that at home, but Dendy as better seats and serving staff. :grin:

oh, and a day off work :thumbsup:

Took a little nightly walk ( 02:28 here right now ) and it was almost scaringly silent. The wind in the trees, some cows on a field nearby... I could even hear the water turbines in the power plant 2 km away. It's one of those moments when i love to live in the countryside.

Well, GTA has that thing where it will sometimes spawn 90% of traffic as a single car model, most often the one you already drive. Sometimes it's really annoying when you just grabbed a pile of shit so you don't have to walk, and then you can't get anything better as everything else is the same shit.
On the other hand, it can be quite useful when you've got a good car that you accidentally ran into a lightpost or one too many police blocades - just hop out, and grab a fresh one. Hey presto, good to go again!

Bullshit! More often than not all that's available is a Blista Compact or something like that.

Also, 55,555th post in this thread, yay!

Last edited:
I'm having a day off with the girls next Friday too. They are big fans, me, not so much, but I'll watch it - don't ask me plot or put names to characters etc. I'm more going for the nice lunch out (for a friend's b-day) the Dendy Premium cinema and having the ability to quaff champers, eat cake and watch a movie. Yes, I know I can do that at home, but Dendy as better seats and serving staff. :grin:

oh, and a day off work :thumbsup:

I haven't been to a movie theater since Star Wars Ep 2, but I'd break that for a theater that has champagne and cake.

I am not European. Mancard, please.

:mrgreen:

You mean this?

I actually like this ad, it's catchy and grabs one's attention. The 40 MPG thing is one thing that stands out among the "normal" people, and it was more creative than seeing a car run down a generic road with a "soothing" voiceover describing features. It also shows the car in it's natural habitat, in the city.

For what it's worth, it caught my parents attention during Dancing With the Stars, and they definitely aren't what one would consider "Car" people.

Also, I did notice that they are kinda trying to get the "older" demo to remember that this isn't a all new nameplate, my dad who's 50 picked up on that right away.

I also like this one:

:)

Last edited: