Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

What do you define as a bad car?

I would argue this is a bad car for instance.
2003-2004_Mercedes-Benz_A160_%28W168%29_Classic_hatchback_01.jpg

That's not new though.

Looks and driving dynamics come to mind.

You only need an over-eager 18 year old to cross-thread your drain plug (or worse, the fucking filter) once to truly fuck up your week.

It's more likely that I would do something like that :D

Anyways, these guys have been changing oil for more than 15 years, so I trust them.

Does anyone have that convertible at any weather picture thingy. I believe it was S2000 related.

Last edited:
I was thinking earlier on, are there any bad new German cars?
The only thing i could think of is the Beetle, but it doesn't really count.

VW Golf Plus, VW Fox, MB GLK are the ones I can think of right now.

[video=youtube;pwe4f-8W8LA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwe4f-8W8LA[/video]

I can never get sick of this.

VW Golf Plus, VW Fox, MB GLK are the ones I can think of right now.

Mercedes R class is another good one, it's hideous, hilariously expensive and breaks down all the time

also : does anyone else sometimes,for no particular reason get the idea that something is about to go horribly/expensively wrong with your car, even when there are no signs to warn you (like warning lights, strange sounds/smells)?

Because I think my car may spontaneously explode, yet have no reason to think that...

With my limited knowlege of british cars, I can make little sense of this ... what way round is it supposed to be?

Higher is better; it was correct in 1980. The MGs are at the top because they literally have nothing to break with an engine from the Stone Age, and Jaguar in January 1980 was pretty bad.

Which should then make you wonder about everything that was worse.

Last edited:
I'm considering a "GTS Performance" suspension kit for the F, which consists of K.A.W. springs and KYB shocks. 35/25mm drop should be enough, and it's 495 euro.