Random Thoughts....

Well the interview went well, the rest of my day sucked. Spent two and a half hours at the AT&T store because they sent me the wrong phone, the fuckwits there know nothing, ended up calling customer service, waiting for like a half hour because the store fuckwits screwed up and the customer service guy had to fix it - now have re-ordered my new phone and luckily the guy I spoke to gave me free priority shipping for my troubles so hopefully my new phone will be here Saturday.

If its not, I'll be livid. If it is and its the wrong phone again, heads will roll.

stay behind Plexiglas just to be sure. :p

On other note, i miss Animax, the proper Animax. The one that showed anime 24/7. I saw all the warning signs, small non-anime movies, Inital D removed, Haruhi removed (I was small and stupid back then and didn't bother watching it). then for ages it disappeared from my cable. It came back and now being a anerd I was all excited and remembered the good old days. But it wasn't meant to be, Now all it has is crappy sitcoms and That 70's show. The only anime i could find was 3 A.M Death Note.

I'll miss you Animax LA.

Regarding that ad yesterday with the fax number listed as the phone number, the owner of the fax number knows nothing about the car for sale. So, best case scenario, the number in the ad is a typo and the person will reply to my email. Or it may be a hoax ad. Disappointing, as the car was a very good price. Too good to be true, so far it seems.

Going to the beach with friends tomorrow. Got the car filled up (although I had to wait behind lots of people being Friday afternoon and all) and tyres topped up after uni, all ready for the trip. Woo hoo! :dance:

I think late Spring / early Summer finally decided to show up! :mrgreen:

Going to the beach with friends tomorrow. Got the car filled up (although I had to wait behind lots of people being Friday afternoon and all) and tyres topped up after uni, all ready for the trip. Woo hoo! :dance:

I read that as tyres popped lol.

Gawker isn't responding to pings anymore.

Gawker posted a story about 4chan.

Logical leap is unnecessary. GJ 4chan. I commend thee.

Well. Umm...er...
In 10 weeks or so...I may be out of a job. The company has decided to close our store since our mall lease is up, and it's not believed that we could support much more volume with the direction the company is going as far as the local market, and our physical location.

With just the 4 managers we have, we have over 30 years of leadership experience with this company, and I've been working at this store off and on for 9 years. I believe we have one of the most senior leadership staffs in the entire Bay Area, if not the company. A bit of a bummer.

So....yeah...

A bit terrified.

Oh jeez, sorry to hear that. I lost my last retail job when the head office had to cut staff to save money because they were going down the gurgler in the GFC....in a country that compared to so many others was barely touched by it. They chose our store for market reasons, we weren't doing anything wrong, but our products (it was a hight-end shoe store) were considered a little too up-market for the area we were in. I was really upset about it as I absolutely loved my job.

This was a three day a week casual job, so I can't imagine what really experienced long-term people must go through when they can see a threat to their entire career looming. :-(

Thanks for that. I do feel for many of our part-timers, though, who do depend on these jobs. It came so quick, too! I mean, there were three people at our official announcement meeting tonight where this was their first shift! We had just hired them earlier in the week! We're in the same boat...our product is too high-end for our mall, and we're sandwiched between two other stores with more potential to handle larger volume, and more product.

That's awesome......a little scary mind you, but awesome.

I can't believe how yellow that Nes has gotten!

Mine's done much the same lol

EDIT: Not our NES, that's mint in box.
Our SNES however, hoo boy, yellow-as.

I forgot how horrible Starbucks tea is :yucky:

My mate just rang me to see if i wanted to go to the mclaren technology centre today as he has a spare ticket :D

Well everyone's off at Harry Potter right now, I'm back at my friend's place watching Star Trek VI with people who don't even like Star Trek :lol:

I filled up the car today too, but I'm off for a nice drive to Great ocean road tomorrow morning. 6am start too...

I just came back from a little walk to the town center, I need to remember my hat/scarf/gloves next time, it's bloody freezing and the wind is blowing my hair all over the place <_<

Oh wow. Next week in Melbourne, we're going to get some summer weather with 30+ degree days. It's odd, considering they start earlier. But I'm glad the weather's changing, well compared to last year's, it's much better.