The "New Toys" Thread

Bought an iPad2 16GB wifi. Have been waiting for a suitable android equivalent but found the currently avialable tablets lacking in some places. I'm typing this on the ipad and i must say it feels very well built and it is very responsive.

^ :thumbsup: Welcome to the club. The entire thing is making me go broke quite badly though, too much apps I want.

141744565.jpg

$3 physical copy.

edit: 2 hours later I'm still trying to make it work on Win7 64. I get this retarded "Please insert the correct dvd-rom select ok and restart application" error. What the fuck? Seems like I bought a nice paperweight.

Last edited:
141744565.jpg

$3 physical copy.

edit: 2 hours later I'm still trying to make it work on Win7 64. I get this retarded "Please insert the correct dvd-rom select ok and restart application" error. What the fuck? Seems like I bought a nice paperweight.

If you bought a pirated copy you need to apply a crack.

Replaced my flaky Netgear Wireless G router with one of these today:

E2000.png

N300 and gigabit were the two requirements and this fits the bill. There was an Asus but I read a few bad reviews online so I left that, and a N600 belkin that had loads of features but we've had bad experiences with Belkin kit at work so I stuck with this. I won't be needing N600 any time soon.

I'll get used to the weird looks I suppose, in time. Next thing to buy is the wireless adaptor for my Xbox, then finally I should be able to watch HD videos over the wireless connection. :)

Last edited:
41OFTI12v1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

any bets on how long it will take me to break them?

2.5 minutes. Let me know how they work out and how comfortable they are I been looking for new BT headphones.

Actually they are pretty decently comfortable. The sound quality is decent too (better than my laptop's at least) for something wireless. They are annoying as fuck to sync and the computer doesn't want to pair for some reason though.

Yeah, I don't know why, but computers hate bluetooth. I've never had a single problem with bluetooth devices and phones, but computers hate them. Win7 is way better than XP was though.

Actually they are pretty decently comfortable. The sound quality is decent too (better than my laptop's at least) for something wireless. They are annoying as fuck to sync and the computer doesn't want to pair for some reason though.

Cool, whats the model name? (too lazy to look through Plantronics site).
Yah, I don't know why, but computers hate bluetooth. I've never had a single problem with bluetooth devices and phones, but computers hate them. Win7 is way better than XP was though.
Yeah my OS X dislikes it as well. Loses connection way too easily.

Yeah, I don't know why, but computers hate bluetooth. I've never had a single problem with bluetooth devices and phones, but computers hate them. Win7 is way better than XP was though.
I have never had an issue with it before this, annoyingly my phone comes up easy and it is not even bluetooth enabled. :|
Cool, whats the model name? (too lazy to look through Plantronics site).

Yeah my OS X dislikes it as well. Loses connection way too easily.
Here.
It's a lot cheaper if you don't need the adapter, but I needed one for my ipod.

I used to have to pair my Bluetooth headphone pretty often in XP and Vista, but never had any issues under Windows 7 - paired it once and it always reconnected right away.

But I finally gave up on finding decent Bluetooth headphones though. A couple of weeks ago I posted a Sennheiser BT pair and a Logitech USB pair I had picked up, the former was really flimsy and had defective buttons and the latter was extremely uncomfortable (I wear specs and I had bruises behind my ears). When I went to return those my eyes went to the Logitech G930 gaming headphones and I picked those up on a whim even though I'm not a gamer per se.

Logitech-G930.jpg

They are so perfect and hit so many marks. They are comfortable as fuck (you don't even notice them for the first two or three hours), sound quality is decent for wireless and doesn't overdo anything (e.g. too much bass), it has buttons you can set to control your media which is unusual for non-Bluetooth models, and it has a nifty little app that lets you see remaining battery and do other things like set different sound parameters or distort your voice to various amusing voices.

Best of all, it virtually never cuts out in any part of my 700 sq. ft. apartment, a feat unmatched by any wireless headphones I've tried, which must be almost a dozen by now. I still wish it were Bluetooth so I could use it with mobile devices, but my experience has been that no Bluetooth headphones are worth the price, you lose so many other features by insisting on Bluetooth.

What's the battery life like? I like my Logitech usb Comfort set, but I prefer wireless.

I have never had an issue with it before this, annoyingly my phone comes up easy and it is not even bluetooth enabled. :|

Here.
It's a lot cheaper if you don't need the adapter, but I needed one for my ipod.
Cool thanks, yeah no need for adapter for me iPhone and PC's got BT :p

What's the battery life like? I like my Logitech usb Comfort set, but I prefer wireless.

The program reports a full battery life of 10 hours. I haven't timed it myself but that seems about right.

But like I said these things are perfect, so two things: You can still use them when they are being charged, and you can replace the rechargeable batteries when they die!

I'm not sure what your wired Comforts are like, but the wireless Comforts I had were ironically so uncomfortable for me. It makes sense too, as soon as I took them off they would snap back and form a full circle. These G930s cover the entire ear though as opposed to the Comforts which sit on top, not sure what the right terms are but they make them not only more comfy but sound quality and leakage should be better too.

Definitely recommend you try them if you are after wireless USB headphones. They aren't all that cheap but Newegg has them pretty cheap... at least the US site, Newegg.ca had them for $119 but they back up now.

The over-the-ear style doesn't bother your glasses? That was part of the reason I stopped using my Fata1ity headset.