Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

The "scoring" in 17x02 was just fucking ridiculous.

Scoring the challenges is pointless anyway, so they might as well make a joke of it. I enjoyed the scoring in 17x02 because it seemed to piss off Hammond so much. He does know it's meant to be a joke, doesn't he?

I'd love to know how much the presenters know ahead of time about the challenges and scoring, etc. Are those envelopes ever really a surprise? Do they wait until after the film is edited to give out points and do they just randomly choose which one to take the piss out of? I know 90% of it is heavily scripted, but wouldn't it be more fun for everyone if every so often there was an honest to god curveball; woooooaaa, didn't see that one coming.

Think about the end of Vietnam Special. Chances are the presenters knew about the water portion of the challenge, but if they didn't, it would be such a great WTF moment for the whole crew to enjoy.

And in 17x2 if Richard really didn't know he would be the butt of the joke, how fun!!!

imgad

Linky

that is so brilliant. i saw it the other day and i just keep watching it and bursting out laughing.. AGAIN. :lol:

Now with extra embedding!

[video=youtube;uIKXGp7xb-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIKXGp7xb-w[/video]

More of Stephen Fry and James May together, please!

James Daniel May's initials are JDM. Not really fitting, really, as he's not much of a Japanese car guy.

Right, I have a random question to make, cause something's been bugging me. During a previous season, around the Christmas episodes, after The Stig had revealed himself, James said something really baffling. First Jeremy said something about how Stig learned the first thing you learn at school, then James continued by asking "Never take your jumper off while having a cigarette?" What did James mean by this? Is it a fire hazard, or something about the cigarette smoke? Or is it just something completely obvious which I can't see?

I am never, EVER, looking at this thread again......

Right, I have a random question to make, cause something's been bugging me. During a previous season, around the Christmas episodes, after The Stig had revealed himself, James said something really baffling. First Jeremy said something about how Stig learned the first thing you learn at school, then James continued by asking "Never take your jumper off while having a cigarette?" What did James mean by this? Is it a fire hazard, or something about the cigarette smoke? Or is it just something completely obvious which I can't see?

Give it a try. You'll see what he meant

EDIT: The jumper absolutely mustn't have fastenings down the front

Last edited: