Transformers

SV

Car(s)
'03 BA Ford Falcon XR6
Well the movie was released in Australia today and all i can say is WOW !!!!
I never really knew much about the transformer series but the movie just looked awesome so i decided to go and see it and this turned out to be one of the best decisions ive made.

Right from the get go the movie is packed with action and definatley keeps you on the edge of your seat right till the end of the movie.

The new camaro and all the vehicles look oh so beautiful :p

I definatley recommend checking this movie out when it is released where you live, even if your not a fan of transformer series.

So yeh thats my shitty review, im gonna go to the cinemas and watch it again, lol..

btw i know there are other threads about this but they were quite old so i decided to make a new one.

Yeah, going to the movies tomorrow night, but there's not really a whole lot of choice at the moment. I wont be seeing Blades of Glory because I hate Will Ferrell, Bridge to Terabithia...I don't know, but probably not. Fantastic Four - has Jessica Alba, so a valid option there (will have to run that past my friends though). Seen Oceans 13, seen World's End, which only leaves Transformers, but I dunno - it seems so 80sish and that a pre-requisite would be that you have to be 10 or under to enjoy this.

Last edited:
This movie is pretty freakin awesome. It filled to the brim with awesome. Watch it from the 2nd row and on the cinemas biggest screen but that didn't matter, just awesome.

Yeah, let's see...the only toys I collected as a kid were Transformers (fuck G.I. Joe...although i did have a few He-Man figures...) and it opens on my birthday. Yeah...I think I'm going to see it. :p

Gah! How come you Aussies get to see it a week before we do!?!

Gah! How come you Aussies get to see it a week before we do!?!

They wanted to release it on the fourth. It is a tradition to release big action pictures on that day.

They wanted to release it on the fourth. It is a tradition to release big action pictures on that day.

Tradition as in it's guaranteed to bring in a lot of people. :p

I don't wanna know anything about it, so I just skipped to the very end to type that the trailer looked off the hook and I'm very looking forward to it!!! Gonna be a while until its released in Germany...

Saw this tonight. It is seriously campy with not much of a story or much in the way of dialogue, acting skills or anything, apart from showcasing some pretty awesome CGI and some pretty awesome machines, and that's what its all about! 8)

I went and saw Transformers this afternoon and I absolutely loved it. I wasn't expecting it to be that great, awesome job adapting it to the big screen by Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.

The only negative thing I have to say about it is that Jon Voight's acting was a bit crap.

Holy fuck, just saw it on Monday, and I have say: MOST EPIC MOVIE EVAR!!!1111elevenone!

Sorry, but I thought the movie was mediocre at best. I give it a C-. The special effects were good, but the writing was horrible! I went to see a film about giant robots and they are pushing the human side of the story?! What the hell? You don't even see the first robot fight, you just hear it in the background because the camera is busy showing the humans hiding in a ditch! Everything was, "Here's a human.. oh and a big robot." No! I want here are giant robots kicking the shit out of each other... oh, and there might be some people who get squished too.

Most epic movie ever? No. Not even close. It's a summer SFX film and will be rendered irrelevant shortly after the DVD release.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I thought the movie was mediocre at best. I give it a C-. The special effects were good, but the writing was horrible! I went to see a film about giant robots and they are pushing the human side of the story?!

I think you missed the whole point of the film. The Autobots swore to protect the humans on Earth, that's their duty (now). Maybe you walked out at before the ending when Optimus Prime said that.

No, I didn't miss that. I realize that was the point of the Autobots, hell I grew up with The Transformers! Still, if there is a big fight between two 80 foot tall robots going on I want to see it!

This movie is just like a big useless supercar, it's supposed to make you feel like you're 10 years old again. If you're going to bash it because of a bad script/acting/writing, then you clearly don't get what this movie is trying to do.

yeah exactly, its good for what it is, one should not waste their energy trying to critically analyze this movie, it was fun and had a lot of fan service and really did make ppl feel like kids again. The audience i saw it with were all in their 20s and 30s, basically were all kids when the original TF cartoon aired, ppl you think would be too cool to watch a movie about giant robots were cheering and getting into it.

I just got back from seeing it, and I thought it was well worth it! Between seeing Die Hard this past weekend and now this, I can say that my week has definately been fulfilling!

A nice showcase of US Air Force power as well. Especially when it comes the the 16th Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field. All of their aircraft made it into the movie!
MH-53M Pavelow IV (albiet a decipticon)
HH-60G Pavehawk
CV-22 Osprey
and the pride and joy of the 16th SOW:
AC-130H Spectre

Also, those F-22s were from Tyndall! Missed the markings on the A-10s though.