Random Thoughts....

Ahh, those were good times. We had some kick-ass debates in there! I loved how people actually did their research and cited sources to back up their claims. I was proved wrong on several occasions - and I loved it!

Good times. Now I just have to satisfy myself with Mopar Man; debating him is about as much of a challenge as kicking a baby down the stairs.

Were you around when Justin had his pro Bush debates? Those were fun. We seem to be in some kind of summer hole at the moment. Not too bad for me, considering that I have had 2 exams this week and I'll 2 more this week.

Our post quality has dramaticly dropped, we've had 2 flame wars in the past week and so I conclude we need some quality control.

Examples,

1. Pickup truck verses pickup truck by Mopar Man debate.
2. Ferrari Transmission debate.

It's an automotive forum, most of us haven't driven the cars we argue about. So the arguments are often based on what we read/hear from other people or what we assume. And this forum's post quality has never been astronomical, many people's minds are already made up after the car has been talked about on Top Gear. You for instance, can't even drive for several years. So what would you do to put some quality back?

Ahh, those were good times. We had some kick-ass debates in there! I loved how people actually did their research and cited sources to back up their claims. I was proved wrong on several occasions - and I loved it!

Good times. Now I just have to satisfy myself with Mopar Man; debating him is about as much of a challenge as kicking a baby down the stairs.

yeaaa, i remeber my first days here when i decided to venture from the TG forum and head out into the vast world of intelligence stupidy and bi annual 9/11 conspirists that is FinalGear.com

yeaaa, i remeber my first days here when i decided to venture from the TG forum and head out into the vast world of intelligence stupidy and bi annual 9/11 conspirists that is FinalGear.com

I remember Scud. Man, that guy was a fool.

There was a guy on my old game forum, I can't remember his screen name right now, but he takes the cake. His posts were the syphilitic drippings of a severely messed up mind.

Alright anyone download FireFox 2.0? They removed the exit button on the right side of the tabs bar to close the current tab...anyone know how to get that back?

I left that forum ages ago because the moderator turned into a racist arsehole. I seem to recall him saying something like "When the New World Order arrives and tanks steam-roll across the continent..." and crap like that. He also had these elaborate conspiracy theories about 9/11 and other terrorist attacks including Oklahoma City. He even had one about Pearl Harbor, if I recall. None of them were even within shouting distance of reality. The guy was a total nutcase. First I treated him like a troll, then I realized he really believed this stuff so I debunked it (along with other members) and finally I realized how sick he really was and I recommended therapy. Yeah, he didn't like me after that.

Alright anyone download FireFox 2.0? They removed the exit button on the right side of the tabs bar to close the current tab...anyone know how to get that back?

It's now on the tab itself. There is an extension you can get that puts it back on the right side if you really want it there. I found this format to be much easier to use. You can also wheel-click the tab to close it (or wheel-click links to open in a new tab).

I left that forum ages ago because the moderator turned into a racist arsehole. I seem to recall him saying something like "When the New World Order arrives and tanks steam-roll across the continent..." and crap like that. He also had these elaborate conspiracy theories about 9/11 and other terrorist attacks including Oklahoma City. He even had one about Pearl Harbor, if I recall. None of them were even within shouting distance of reality. The guy was a total nutcase. First I treated him like a troll, then I realized he really believed this stuff so I debunked it (along with other members) and finally I realized how sick he really was and I recommended therapy. Yeah, he didn't like me after that.

It's now on the tab itself. There is an extension you can get that puts it back on the right side if you really want it there. I found this format to be much easier to use. You can also wheel-click the tab to close it (or wheel-click links to open in a new tab).

Know where I can get this extension? I search on firefox site with no prevail, I guess I am looking there again.

O and Thx.

Puts it just under the "X" to close the window: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1950

Puts it on the right side of the tab bar: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1919

Take your pick. We can discuss my consultation fee over lunch (you're buying). 8)

Ha I actually tried those and couldn't get them to work...but I went into the configs for firefox and changed the closetab setting so now it is just like new...I just didn't know what to google for.

Thanks for the help though.

Here is a cookie.

falcon%20cookie.jpg

Did you shut down and restart after installing? Sometimes Firefox extensions get a bit pissy that way.

Oh, and that is easily the coolest cookie ever.

Only thing missing is a comedic bite mark.

That's no moon...it's a milk glass.

That cookie wouldn't happen to be a Teddy Graham would it? I kinda remember them having special shaped cookies a long time ago.

Our post quality has dramaticly dropped, we've had 2 flame wars in the past week and so I conclude we need some quality control.

Examples,

1. Pickup truck verses pickup truck by Mopar Man debate.
2. Ferrari Transmission debate.

You think that's bad? Try mentioning leaf springs or HP/L around me.

...but only if you like David Hasselhoff.

(on a semi-related note - does ANYONE know what my user title means? I still think it's a PMS joke of some sort.)