2007 Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix

1) How many cars will crash at Eau Rouge?
2) Wet or Dry race?
3) What will the Spy Case meeting during the week do to McLarens momentum?
4) Will Ferrari put all their eggs in Kimi's basket now?
5) Who will fill the podium?
6) Whats the best thing about Spa-Francorchamps in your opinion?

1) Several (all backmarkers)
2) Hopefully wet. But a dry race at Spa is supposedly still interesting (this would be the first race at Spa I'll watched)
3) Hopefully not.
4) Yes, and McLaren will take a knife to the bottom of the basket
5) Certainly at least a Ferrari and/or McLaren driver, but maybe another podium for BMW-Sauber.
6) The fact that the track has not been neutered like Hockenheim.

1) How many cars will crash at Eau Rouge? Maybe two
2) Wet or Dry race? Please wet!
3) What will the Spy Case meeting during the week do to McLarens momentum? Slow a bit
4) Will Ferrari put all their eggs in Kimi's basket now? No
5) Who will fill the podium? Maccas and Ferraris
6) Whats the best thing about Spa-Francorchamps in your opinion? Eau Rouge, the history, the atmosphere, Belgian beer and chocolates

6) The fact that the track has not been neutered like Hockenheim.

Unfortunately it has, you could argue far more......although in terms of the modern circuit not as much. Obviously running the original curcuit is neither possible nor practical, but if only they hadn't flattened Eau Rouge.

Michael Schumacher once said one of the biggest buzz's of his career was realising Eau Rouge could be taken flat out.....but only just (Remembers Villeneuves attempts in BAR's), now it is easy flat, still a great corner though.

Drivers still unhappy with pit entry

Spa-Francorchamps' revised pit lane entrance has received more criticism in the build-up to this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix.

The track has been revamped ready for its return to the Formula 1 calendar, and while the new paddock complex, changes to run-off areas and the reprofiled Bus Stop chicane have all met with a positive response, the drivers are less impressed with the alterations to the pit entry.

When the teams tested at the track in July many drivers reported that the pit lane was now dangerously narrow.

Ferrari's Felipe Massa reiterated his concerns in the pre-race press conference today.

"I?m not very happy with the pit lane entrance ? it?s very narrow," he said.

"They had a lot of space to do a nice job and they didn?t do it very well."

The drivers' main concern was the possible consequences of a car breaking down or crashing and blocking the pit entrance.

"It?s very narrow," said Adrian Sutil.

"I think the measurement is exactly two cars [wide] and not more; if two cars stop there you couldn?t pass.

"It?s really, really bad ? too narrow."

But Massa said FIA technical delegate Charlie Whiting had hinted that changes were in the pipeline.

"I haven?t checked if they?ve changed it but it was mentioned in the briefing with Charlie and he said he was going to work on it," Massa revealed.

Source

bring back the old skool bus stop i say.

i also say.... shut up whinging! nancy boys, im sure you can get a car down a gap thats 2 cars wide with relative ease.

the thing about 2 cars stopping the pitlane, dont make me laugh, by that count you could say all pitlanes are too narrow

"oh silverstone is too narrow, what if 3 cars stop side by side in the pit entry? that just wont do"

Last edited:
I think Sutil miscalculated it anyway. If the lane is exactly the width of 2 cars, if one car stops, you won't get another one past. So it only needs one car to break down or run out of fuel.

Amen, while I can understand that no driver wants to risk his life unnecessarily.....harden the fuck up. How about we hold all future races in big open car parks with nothing to hit and marshmallow barriers.

2) Wet or Dry race?

1. Hmmmm.. I dont know maybe 3.. 4 unless they are not Ferrari's I care less ;P

2. wet wet wet!!!!!!!

3. I think we all know the answer for that now

4. I don't believe so, Massa is awsome if only he has a working car

5. Well.. I just hope to see a 1-2 Ferrari.. and for third I would like to see J Button.

5. Its one my favorite tracks ever.. I just love this track and it will be an awesome weekend :)

1) How many cars will crash at Eau Rouge? At least 1 Spyker will, and i'd be willing to put money on Ralf or a Super Aguri as well. So I guess 2-3
2) Wet or Dry race? wetter the better!
3) What will the Spy Case meeting during the week do to McLarens momentum? Alonso: no difference, Hamilton: declined focus
4) Will Ferrari put all their eggs in Kimi's basket now? This race will decide who gets the eggs for the last 3 races.
5) Who will fill the podium? Ferrari 1-2, Alonso 3rd
6) Whats the best thing about Spa-Francorchamps in your opinion? Eau Rogue, Leffe beer, altitude change, Eau Rogue again.

it'll be dry. just checked the local weather site, and they predict sun with an occasional cloud, and around 20?C

so...no rain

^^I like the way you think :)....hamilton should win....

2) Wet or Dry race?

1- 4+
2- Wet please
3- Properly not
4- Depends
5- Kimi, Massa, Button, that would be nice :rolleyes:
6- Crashes :D

After watching practice 2 last night, I have to agree with the drivers, the pit entry is terrible.