[06x06] July 3rd, 2005

Jasruler said:
Question: What is that little candy thing JC eats during a rest break called "Spunk"?

Danish salty liqourice.

Speaking of danish words meaning different things in English. There's a joke about the queen of England waiting for an elevator in Denmark. There was a sign lit to indicate that the elevator was moving. Speed/movement is called fart in Danish. To describe something in a moving state, you can say "i fart" (i is the equivalent of in). And that was what the sign said. "I FART". I think the story is that they put duct tape over that sign, so that the English queen wouldn't see it.

^ :lol:

Those goggles Hammond and May were wearing in the powerboat looked pretty silly to me. 8) 8)

Powerboats are toys that can't handle harsh weather. A sailboat is better for that.

They should make a similair challenge with a racing sailingboat. Something like a trimaran. Some can go more than 40 knots in the right wind conditions. That's around 80kmh or 50mph.

Geronimo.jpg

LessThanSte said:
I didnt think that Alfa was very nice. Thought it looked a bit crap. And that indian guy was right, the top of the range mondeo does look pretty damn cool.

:shock:

318263-fordmondeost220.jpg

The Alfa Brera in the studio had fingerprints on it. And it might look cooler in other colors, although few cars look as good in bright red as the Brera.

awdrifter said:
...it's 10 seconds faster than the fastest car (Enzo?)...

The fastest was actually the Maserati MC12, which featured this season, very early on.

I just remembered that I forgot to mention the drooling part on those McMercs and DBR9! Man!

And I don't think TV shows nowadays allow this kind of excitment, I don't care if they starged the race, they did it so well, think about, it's way better than those idiots in the Amazing Race or Big Brother or whatever reality crap which includes compeitions and races. And with those cars featured?! I don't even mind listening to Mrs Thatcher and her... "This lady's not for turning..."

What a fantastic episode!

About time Top Gear picked up the pace.

The last part of the race is visually excellent and I hope that we see more of these sort of races.

Cheers.

empowah said:
Re: the chase car, last time it was a Range Rover.

I think that's correct. If you look carefully between 4:29 - 4:31 (as he overtakes the Monaro), JC passes a Range Rover with what looks suspiciously like camera gear strapped to the back of it.

Again a very cool episode. You won?t find such Entertaiment in other car-shows. Only the fact that the boat blew up two times is very suspect for me.

The SLR is an amazing car. I have two :woot: 8) just a little bit smaller :mrgreen:

Great Episode!

I dont know what race they can do next series that can out do that one!

DBR9 Sounded and Looked terrific, I really like that car.

I didnt like the sound of the DBR9, I dont like those engines that whine like that. Everyone drools over the sound of indy cars and I hate them. I like the sound of the SLR ALOT though.

What a great episode! The race was just great.. but I'm still wondering, why Richard and James took the powerboat. Correct me if I'm wrong but was it a Fjord? The boat I mean. Jeremy was so pleased with the SLR, looked great too... wonder if he'd buy that one next? Speaking of Jeremy's cars, nothing on the news about Jeremy giving his Ford GT back to Ford and wanting his money back. :cry:

Jeremy looked soooo tired when he finally got to Oslo.. 1320 miles in... was it 24 hours? I've done 1400 km's in 16 hours in Finnish single track roads and I was truly dead after that. I can just imagine how tired he was.

The Alfa Brera is just stunning!!! Won't work, depreciation is faster than a falling rock, but it's still a stunning looking car. :lol: on that Indian guy! Ford Mondeo ST220 - the all time most beautiful car in the world. :lmao: :lmao: The beauty really is in the eye of beholder. :lol:

I drove about 1350 miles earlier this year in about 17 hours.

The race was pretty cool, makes me want to run around Europe in a very expensive car :D

Cactus said:
"Hammond, I think I might have Norwegian wood" - James enjoying the powerboat :D

i think i might know what that mean, but can you clarify for me?

boafan said:
Cactus said:
"Hammond, I think I might have Norwegian wood" - James enjoying the powerboat :D

i think i might know what that mean, but can you clarify for me?

Norwegian Wood was a Beatles song, and 'having wood'/'getting a woody'/... means getting a hard-on (from the fun the powerboat gives, apparently:))

And apropos that, I now got reminded of one of the funniest TG guests (sorry, don't remember his name, some movie actor) going on about how he had some troubles understanding the Stig's racing terms...
"Hard on into the first corner"... I've already got enough to think about