[06x10] July 31st, 2005

wow. this episode was top notch indeed. Hilarious that they admitted that the cabrio-film from last week was boring....

Laughed my way through this entire episode.

Good episode. It was a great surprise to see Mark Webber on the show and he even went against Jeremy in saying that it could be 4 seconds faster. I think any of the F1 drivers will be able to squeeze milliseconds out of the Lianna.

Didn't care for the Flying Spur although the speed was shocking for a car like that and the segment was very well done. You can tell that the authorities were proud to have Top Gear visit Dubai for the shooting.

The toys, well it was a good segment but I'd rather spend my money on something else. It was a very funny segment with Richard, James, and Jeremy.

I love diesels so the BMW segment was very interesting and I'm not at all surprised by the results since diesel technology has come so far. In North America, the only diesel I'd have is a Dually RAM 3500, F-350, or GM 3500 with either diesel. If you want pictures I'll post them of those trucks. Can't wait for North America to have the cleaner diesel fuel and then we can start getting the euro diesel engines over here.

Sorry to go offtopic, but how do you take screenshots of a movie? The print screen thing doesn't work with videos apparently.

cool ep, loved it. Too bad they didn't really hit the topspeed in betnley...did u know that bentley measures topspeed with all seats full, full boot and with ac on while the outside temp is 40+ celsium degrees?

the offroad toys segment was amazing...too bad this serie is coming to an end soon ;o[

I loved the segment in Iceland with the buggy and snowmobile. I was laughing my @$$ off, great stuff!

damn that was a fantastic episode!!!! best in the series so far!!!

i really want one of those stig shirts :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

it seems like they were saving the best for last.....

Cruzz563 said:
As always, the Pre-Ep will be locked so you know when the 350MB ep will be released :)

Yea. Sorry to eveyone who had a problem with me posting about the Bentley too soon. I am new. I didn't know how this thing works and I didn't know that people outside the UK don't get the show the same time we do, so didn't want it dicussed before they saw it. :oops: Any way, I only gave away one line, not a whole show. So now I know how it works, I know what to do.

I didn't think it was a great show this week, not much very exciting, really. I'm fed up with, the star in a reasonably priced car bit. It's been over done now. It was interesting, but now I don't care how fast they went.

I see JC has gone back to using "and on that bombshell" :)

Lets talk about that when Webber has won 7 Championships...

Did anyone notice?

Did anyone notice?

Hi all, first post ever... finally decided to register :)

Just wondering, did anyone notice they removed the BMW M3 1.31.8 time when they posted the 535d time? Reasons they removed it is evident :p, basically, the 535d is as fast as an M3 around the top gear track!

Also, the 545i, being significantly faster, would lap faster than the 535d, maybe even bellow 1.30.0, which is totally INSANE for such a car. Props to BMW.

Anyone see the resemblance of the Iceland segments and Jeremy Clarkson's Motorworld? :D It was good nonetheless.

Top Gear Girl said:
Cruzz563 said:
As always, the Pre-Ep will be locked so you know when the 350MB ep will be released :)

Yea. Sorry to eveyone who had a problem with me posting about the Bentley too soon. I am new. I didn't know how this thing works and I didn't know that people outside the UK don't get the show the same time we do, so didn't want it dicussed before they saw it. :oops: Any way, I only gave away one line, not a whole show. So now I know how it works, I know what to do.

I didn't think it was a great show this week, not much very exciting, really. I'm fed up with, the star in a reasonably priced car bit. It's been over done now. It was interesting, but now I don't care how fast they went.

I see JC has gone back to using "and on that bombshell" :)

Exaclty me too! Too long bullshitting.

And no wonder Jeremy has a bad back, in those mudmonsters :lol:

^^^I thought exactly the same...

He slipped his discs when he killed himself :)

Me not. I like the interview bit if the visitor is interesting or, like Davina, visually pleasing and funny :p

The quad bit was hilarious, totally unexpected to TG to review such "toys"... but since seen them in action... Some of them where brutal kill yourself in an instant vehicles :shock:
I need to get me one of them Rage buggies :thumbsup: ...........and a field :D

Soon, here should be more videos of the Rage in action. From the same site you can find its specs too.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Maybe one day they will do some motorcycle reviews.... :evil:
I really think they should, just one bike per week or every second week. Maybe not a "dry" technical review, but since both Richard and James are bikers I'm sure they would be able to make it entertaining for non-bikers too.