[11x03] July 6th, 2008

[11x03] July 6th, 2008

• Total voters
I knew that was coming. All I said was that I thought that particular bit was unecessary. Obviously I'm not allowed an opinion.

lol

Jeremy: "I had a blowout right? .. and and thats the point, I had a blowout. I held it."

lol thats classic

Right, first time I'm giving my opinion on an episode, so here goes.

I quite liked the Brooklands review, even if it was just a load of powersliding and smoke. The spectacle of seeing a huge car like that going sideways and shredding its tires is almost surreal. Really like that car.

I really enjoyed the news section, though I always have. Wonder if there's going to be a "I went on the interner and this is what I found..." for the rest of the series, I'm very curious as to what those pics are :lol: And I just had to laugh when they mentioned the Dacia Sandero again.

The cheap Alfa challenge. After watching the Police car challenge from the first episode, I was expecting a lot here but I was slightly dissapointed to be honest. The biggest problem for me was that it was almost too scripted, if that's understandable. Things like the 75 ending on it's side and Hammon constantly bumping into May by "accident" was starting to wear a bit thin. It did look as though James was genuinely upset when he dumped Hammond. Like it was mentioned, the whole challenge lacked the sparkle of previous cheap car challenges.

I've never been a huge fan of a SIARPC, and in this episode it just was just plain boring for me. Then again I guess this also depends somewhat if you happen to be a fan of the star(s) appearing in these sections.

Overall it was still a fun episode, what TG episode isn't? But in my opinion the weakest in the series so far. Next week they are off to Japan, and from what I've seen in the preview clip in episode one there will be more reports from Japan to follow (Mitsuoka Orochi anyone?) which should be fun.

7/10

Right, first time I'm giving my opinion on an episode, so here goes.

I quite liked the Brooklands review, even if it was just a load of powersliding and smoke. The spectacle of seeing a huge car like that going sideways and shredding its tires is almost surreal. Really like that car.

I wouldn't have the Bentley reviews any other way, they tell us all we need to know about a car we probably won't buy. And if we do, he's shown us what we will be doing with it. :lol:

Great episode, the Alfa challenge was epic...but it was clear that the Alfa landing on it's side was scripted and didn't really happen, otherwise they would've shown it...

Another great episode. The Alfa bits were hilarious, but annoyed they were up this way and I didn't know (Rockingham is only 10 mins from here!)
Can't believe Jeremy won, I reckon James should have really...

The Bentley segment I think was great (also I found the filming damn good Shadowness). And the holding a blowout joke was brilliant too.

The news I think was a great one, better than the last 2 thats for sure. James not being able to talk about the Dacia Sandaro, and what was the first picture?

SIARPC was OK, and again, I think non-British people will not vote it as highly as the guests this series have been the kind who are very popular in the UK, but not that much elsewhere.

Alfas? Had me in tears all the way through. Epic. A 10/10 for that segment.

Whole show was let down by an improvable SIARPC. 9.5/10.

Tv kept cutting out but am I right in saying there was no top gear stunt man segment? not that I miss it but it seems right on track to going the same way as top gear dog.

8.5-9

I wish the alfas spent a little less time on the track and more "cocking about." I like how most of the other challenges have them briefly going to a track but that's not 1/2 the show. The 2nd half of it was great, that's the kind of stuff I missed from the first half.

The Bently was good but I thought they overdid the "quick flash shots" to make it artsy. They do that every now and than and it's not too annoying IMO it would be better if it were filmed like the rest and not like 2 fast 2 furious.

All in all a good episode, hope it's not the "high point" of this season though.

Is anyone else having trouble with the BBC iPlayer tonigh? The ad before the show works fine, and then it just says "This doesn't seem to be working. Try again later."

A solid 9!

The Bentley review was good. Nothing to complain there. None of that Scuderia nonesense.

Alpha: Made my day! Epic

STIARPC: sorry... didn't float my boat.

News: Today's best laugh!

Rock solid episode, even SIARPC was good, even I haven?t seen the blokes anywhere.
Alfa Challenge: Superb. Great motoring all the way.
Bentley: Classic Clarkson, but the car wasn?t appealing.

Review

Brooklyns: I really liked the editing, it was sweet.It was also funny (tire breaking and all) and I like the car. I'd rather have the Brooklyns than the Phantom! 7/10

News and stuff: 7/10
* Jeremy mocking Hammond.
* On the internet and we don't get to see what it was...
* James was NO #10!
* Signs :p
* New Scirocco, has always been brilliant. I hope my dad will buy one!
* Seat Leon is a SEAT and that is not my favorite brand. I'd rather have a Scirocco!
* The Dacia is ugly!

Alfa challenge part 1: 9/10
* As always: The prices they got them for are soooooo low!!! Incredible!
* "And what have you bought you idiot?" - James May
* The spider! Holy smokes. This is the one I find reasonable for its price.
* "I may surprise you, I bet you I don't though" - James May (again :p)

* The opposition on the track was a LITTLE bit.. too supreme. I loved when Hammond saw the F1 car pass him by "What?!"

* Everything broke 25 minutes in! :p
* BRILLIANT with the overtaking stop: =)

The calender challenge thingy and scoring: Pretty funny. Brilliant as well :p

SIARPC: 6/10
* OK but not the best.
* 34:30 - 44:30 = Too long! Should not be longer than 7-8 minutes...

Alfa challenge part 2: 9/10
* When it started and they got the next challenge I though that the one which would look the best would be the Spider.
* Did he really steal Jeremys jacket? I don't believe it. Scripted :p
* Poor James, the cheese :p
* James got pissed and left Hammond behind, well done James. I think this was not scripted and very funny.
* And I was wrong, Hammonds car did not turn out to be the best ^^

This episode: 9/10. Totally brilliant!

Last edited:

I really enjoyed the news section, though I always have. Wonder if there's going to be a "I went on the interner and this is what I found..." for the rest of the series, I'm very curious as to what those pics are :lol: And I just had to laugh when they mentioned the Dacia Sandero again.

The cheap Alfa challenge. After watching the Police car challenge from the first episode, I was expecting a lot here but I was slightly dissapointed to be honest. The biggest problem for me was that it was almost too scripted, if that's understandable. Things like the 75 ending on it's side and Hammon constantly bumping into May by "accident" was starting to wear a bit thin. It did look as though James was genuinely upset when he dumped Hammond. Like it was mentioned, the whole challenge lacked the sparkle of previous cheap car challenges.

I've never been a huge fan of a SIARPC, and in this episode it just was just plain boring for me.

Overall it was still a fun episode, what TG episode isn't? But in my opinion the weakest in the series so far.

7/10

Pretty much exactly how i felt about the episode too. Enjoyed the Bentley review but thought the Alfa bit was abit over scripted for my liking.
Shame there was no Stig drive this week.

the best show in this season so far for me.

news were great, didnt felt scripted like last time, the bentley review was on the level of the better reviews including the camera work. the news especialy felt diffrent... like they listend to the comments.
as for the alfa challange i was expecting more of the same from previous challanges, but the track day challange was quite clever and well thought out. shame there wasnt more action on the alfa meeting, maybe if the guys would socialize and get to know their new croud could be entertaining instead of the hammond mccrash

also what was the point of the chicks on the grass with clarkson by the gas station. felt like there was a point missing.

Last edited:
maybe if the guys would socialize and get to know their new croud could be entertaining instead of the hammond mccrash
You mean ge to know us? Here on Finalgear?Tehy have 400 million viewers or so...

also what was the point of the chicks on the grass with clarkson by the gas station. felt like there was a point missing.
True, I didn't get that either :p

Last edited: