Ownership Verified: 1995 Ford F350 XLT - Powerstroke Diesel

Stamping cars. A new trend? :lol:

Anyway, Spectre, I hope the way the other driver cut you off plays a rule in the outcome.

Der Stig keeps telling me I should have welded the hay spike to the front instead. :p

Ha well it would've been pretty funny in that wreck anyway. Both in terms of carnage and the potential innuendos.

Why do you have a bale spike though? Tryin to get in on that super lucrative part-time ranch hand work? ;)

Ha well it would've been pretty funny in that wreck anyway. Both in terms of carnage and the potential innuendos.

Why do you have a bale spike though? Tryin to get in on that super lucrative part-time ranch hand work? ;)

I don't have it any more - if you look upthread, it actually came with the rear bumper I bought. I cut the hay spike off and refinished the bumper, then sold the hay spike on Craigslist.

Der Stig thinks I should have kept it and welded it on the front of the truck. :p

:lol: Ah yes, I remember that now. Didn't think you were the type to slap a useless bale spike on your truck.

Der Stig thinks I should have kept it and welded it on the front of the truck. :p

Then all you need to do is impale an Impale-a. :D

Looks like your truck was a road hazard in 1996.

Looks like it isn't much better now. :lol:

It's a bleedin TRUCK, it isn't supposed to dead-stop infront of every fool who decides to pull a left from right lane half a second before the inevitable collision. In 90's people relied on common sense making vehicles.

I like the fact modern trucks have actual brakes, but seriously, they go "...right, here we have a nice 3500, let's add half-a-tonn of plastic, juuuust incase some retard runs the light infront of it."

Der Stig keeps telling me I should have welded the hay spike to the front instead. :p

Or a hydraulic fork, like on frontal-load dumptrucks. Saves the waiting for the wrecker - just flip the fucker back, and let's go to yard..

... just flip the fucker back, and let's go to yard..
Turn that big Ford into the mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy! :lol:

I endorse that statement.

So mad max?

My brake booster apparently didn't like me standing on the brake pedal with both feet during that accident; it started leaking vacuum and groaning so it was clearly time to replace it. I finally got some time to do it on the 23rd; the box was kind of on the large side...

And much of the box was taken up with the booster, but a bit less than half was to give the pushrods clearance so they wouldn't get damaged in shipping or stocking. Still, not exactly small.

After some fun getting the rusted fasteners off, inside and out:

Old and new side by side:

One interesting thing to note is that Ford decided the body gasket and tower shroud should be combined into one piece of cheap, hard crappy plastic that doesn't actually seal well. It explains why many of these trucks have leaks around the pedalbox area.

The aftermarket replacement one has a rubber gasket, the tower shroud (of a rather more flexible plastic than the original) then another rubber gasket to seal it to the body. This should prevent future leakage from that area.

Overall, it wasn't too bad to replace but while testing the work afterwards the truck spluttered and died. It refused to restart of course, and had to be pushed back into its space. Diagnosed that over a lengthy time period (that evening, part of Christmas Eve) and it turns out that the two stage fuel pump, which is a big pain in the arse to get to, has failed. Of course, nobody in Dallas had one and the online vendors all had malfunctioning websites. I finally found one yesterday and it will be shipped in next week. In the meantime I have a very large boulder. :p

Once that's back up, I have a reseal kit for the slushbox oil pan that needs to be installed. A friend who works at a dealership has volunteered to do that for me and drop one of my diesel tanks to replace the fuel pickup and level sender. Of course, it has to drive over there first...

Last edited:
Do you think you will own that truck in another 20 years to see if it has lasted as long as the original?

Do you think you will own that truck in another 20 years to see if it has lasted as long as the original?

Eh, probably not. Eventually I'll probably move on to a SuperDuty 7.3. More parts availability, among other things.

The aftermarket replacement one has a rubber gasket, the tower shroud (of a rather more flexible plastic than the original) then another rubber gasket to seal it to the body.

What i find most amusing here is that foam piece around the rod. Gives sense of "quality" after the old empty cover.

Of course, it has to drive over there first...

& what's wrong with using that ball joint you mentioned coupe posts ago? ;) ;)

P.P.P.S. Howmuch was the booster for you?

I'm about to loose my brakes due to all kinda leaks from master cylinder & vacuum whispering "die ssssoon" every time i touch the pedal, so... i'm scearching for a replacement and they are 'round $300-400 here. (for whole thing)

I'm about to loose my brakes due to all kinda leaks from master cylinder & vacuum whispering "die ssssoon" every time i touch the pedal, so... i'm scearching for a replacement and they are 'round $300-400 here. (for whole thing)
Can't you just order from RockAuto or don't they ship to Russia?

Not sure. I used to get US stuff from Bay.ru, but they seem to have fled from market after whole "sanctions" mess. And most shops i know ship their stuff only to the customs, then it's a matter of EMS Russianpost, which is a gouvernment gang of reckless crooks with no sense of responseability.

What i find most amusing here is that foam piece around the rod. Gives sense of "quality" after the old empty cover.

& what's wrong with using that ball joint you mentioned coupe posts ago? ;) ;)

P.P.P.S. Howmuch was the booster for you?

The new booster had foam inside the tower as well - in fact a lot more than even a new OEM one.

The booster ended up being $51 from Advance Auto after I got the core deposit back, thanks to their 30% off any order over $50 coupon codes.