Am I in the wrong here? People on Autoblog Love Buicks. WTF.

If there is a piece of Western technology they like, they will take it apart, analyze and then try to copy it -- but cheaper.

Industrial espionage is at an alltime high at the moment. There are estimations, that about 90 % of all Chinese students, who study abroad, are only allowed to study there, if they also work for the Chinese secret service.

Last edited:
Heh, there are 2 Buick posts in a row today. Thank god Gruv is not around to moan about it.

This thread needs more boattail Rivieras...

92486d1238960248-buick-riviera-boattail-1972riviera02.jpg

1965RivieraCuevas3.jpg

Also, even the early '90s Buicks were good transportation. I owned one until it blowed up. Now I own my Subaru. Two good cars. Two very DIFFERENT cars.

that looks so awesome...but wouldn't want to drive it for a minute though

And why is that?

If you're referring to the height of the thing, you should not be worried about it. I'm 99% sure that it has hydraulics ;)

caus i just see it whobble through the corners, and the wheels are probably connected to the steering wheel with a rope, resulting in great feel

caus i just see it whobble through the corners, and the wheels are probably connected to the steering wheel with a rope, resulting in great feel

Well that's the american way :lol:

They're made for cruising and long distance drives, not for sporty driving.. altough you can make them handle, but that's a hell of a job to do.

^What he said, cars like these are awesome for a nice slow cruise, its just pure sex on wheels.

All these nice Buicks. It's a great thing to wake up too.

If there is a piece of Western technology they like, they will take it apart, analyze and then try to copy it -- but cheaper.

Industrial espionage is at an alltime high at the moment. There are estimations, that about 90 % of all Chinese students, who study abroad, are only allowed to study there, if they also work for the Chinese secret service.

My cousin who finished a master's degree in engineering and is at San Francisco studying computer animation at the Academy of Art University isn't a Chinese spy...at least not to my knowledge. :ph34r:

Neither is my other cousin, who plans to finish his mechanical engineering degree in Tennessee (after getting kicked out of his college for having a tiff with his professor).

Though my 3rd cousin was in the People's Liberation Army for 3 years...

My cousin who finished a master's degree in engineering and is at San Francisco studying computer animation at the Academy of Art University isn't a Chinese spy...at least not to my knowledge. :ph34r:

Neither is my other cousin, who plans to finish his mechanical engineering degree in Tennessee (after getting kicked out of his college for having a tiff with his professor).

Though my 3rd cousin was in the People's Liberation Army for 3 years...

But as we all know, you are a dastardly spy. Working at undermining all that is good about our country.

For reference, BlaRo is to the left.
Boris_natasha_fearless.jpg

Last edited:
Ack, he's going to kill our Moose and Squirrel!

I'll admit the new Regals are looking good. It's not RWD, but I can take it.

Hey guess what, I was right.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/29/report-buick-to-look-younger-see-other-people-under-70/

PS: To be clear, I have STILL never said that old buicks weren't cool. Buicks from the 50s, 60s, and 70s were great. What I said was apart from the Grand National, they have produced nothing worth remembering in the past TWENTY YEARS. But go ahead and ban me, I'm sure some of you just love having a scape goat. You banned me when I asked a question about Buicks before, and I did not break any forum rules whatsoever. If you can live with that, go ahead and do it again but I did nothing wrong.

Why did you create a 2nd account just to post that stupidy? And why did you post it TWICE? Who cares.

This will so get you banned again.

To stay moderately on topic: Buick has some kind of a problem, there, obviously, not unlike Honda (judging from the jokes on TG) has in the UK.

And it's good to see that Johnny "Commando" Lieberman has not lost his egde.

EDIT: See, you're banned. Told ya.