Awesome Thread

Either a subway or a new highway? Can't remember, but I think it was related a bit to Boston's big dig and that was a new highway.

You know, that is visually very, very impressive but technically I don't think that it is as dangerous as it seems. Seeing as how all of the crossbows are setup and locked down beforehand means that there is very little deviation with their aiming and shooting. She would be in a lot more danger if she was doing this with other humans who could get nervous and have their aim wander. Also, points for adding a prayer to amp up the perceived danger. Mind you, I'm not downing the act, just looking at it with a technical eye.

Last edited:
Awesome unless you have an issues with heights...

potd-bridge_3452601k.jpg

I love the fact they seem to be forcing people to wear those blue plastic protective bags over their shoes :rofl:

Well in this day and age it's the responsible thing to do. One should always practise safe bridge.

Raised 5 x their Kickstarter target inside 48 hours apparently. I hope this works for two reasons. Firstly shaving with a frikkin' laser beam will be awesome, and if shaving becomes cool again we can finally get rid of all those beards that are clogging our streets....

Raised 5 x their Kickstarter target inside 48 hours apparently. I hope this works for two reasons. Firstly shaving with a frikkin' laser beam will be awesome, and if shaving becomes cool again we can finally get rid of all those beards that are clogging our streets....

I think a couple of those guys need to demonstrate the product. :lol:

Reactions: MWF
Yeah I meant to mention that. I had exactly the same thought.

I am more interested in the long term effects from the laser on the skin.

Why would there be any? If it's just visible light, there will be no harm done. Also, the way I see it, it's not burning the hairs, so it won't smell. Still needs some proper real world testing, through. At this point it may as well be vaporware.

Uhh... this seems vaguely plausible, but very sketchy. Perfect material for a scam/vaporware ;)

So they supposedly discovered a chromophore in hair that is "cut" (what does that mean? The molecule breaks apart?) when hit by a particular wavelength. And they say it's class 1, so that's a tiiiiny amount of incident power, your legal laser pointer is class 2 or 3. It's hard to believe that over the course of anyone's life we're not subjected to that that amount of power at whatever wavelength at some point. Like on a sunny day. And still I've yet to hear of a case when all the hair on one's body magically dissolves in an instant.

They didn't show even a crude prototype, just literally some smoke on a bench. And a lot of 3d-printed design mock-ups.

And more importantly: half the people on the video have beards!!

Last edited:
I would say they are fairly serious about it. They must have a certain amount of faith in the technology to have tested the variety of head/handle combinations that you see in the video. And they could all be growing beards for testing purposes later....