Bin Laden dead

@photos: Yeesh, it's 2011. You'd think people would be able to spot a pretty obvious photoshop.

Right. I dont really care if they shot Osama Bin Laden or some other dude, but its not like it will matter. It's only symbolic.
Bring on the crazier guy(s)...

[]I never got this either. Sure it's a good thing, but you should have seen the reaction in my school library (where i was trying to study) when the announcement was made over the intercom by the library aide at the front desk. Apparently in I wanna say Penn State main campus there was parties in the streets. I heard fireworks on the way home from said library...

EDIT: Yes, a friend's facebook status says that Beaver Avenue was indeed closed for a massive Penn State-State College campus fueled party.

I can understand why people (esp. families directly affected by 9/11) would celebrate, but it was still kinda odd to me, the parties... Yay for being disconnected emotionally from the rest of society it seems! :p

For me that kind of reactions sounds pretty stupid. Yah it's fine the bastard is dead... but it won't change a damn thing. The 9/11 people are still dead and it won't make any impact on terrorism.

So partying in the streets it's just an expression that people have obviously nothing "real" to be happy about....

[]I never got this either. Sure it's a good thing, but you should have seen the reaction in my school library (where i was trying to study) when the announcement was made over the intercom by the library aide at the front desk. Apparently in I wanna say Penn State main campus there was parties in the streets. I heard fireworks on the way home from said library...

EDIT: Yes, a friend's facebook status says that Beaver Avenue was indeed closed for a massive Penn State-State College campus fueled party.

I can understand why people (esp. families directly affected by 9/11) would celebrate, but it was still kinda odd to me, the parties... Yay for being disconnected emotionally from the rest of society it seems! :p

I think in general most people are just looking for any excuse to shove into the streets and party.

It's nice to have brought down the face most associated with 9/11 but beyond that there isn't much to celebrate. When was the last time any of us even thought about Osama himself or when he would be captured? He has a successor picked I'm sure, and more Islamic terrorist activity goes on completely unrelated to Al-Qaeda than one would imagine anyway.

On BBC news via Reuters NSA

"This wasn't a capture or kill operation. This was a kill operation."

Kicking birthers in the nuts, then humiliating Donald Trump on television and now this?

If Obama doesn't get reelected i'll eat my own face.

Osama bin Laden more like Osama been Leaded....am I right?

Kicking birthers in the nuts, then humiliating Donald Trump on television and now this?

If Obama doesn't get reelected i'll eat my own face.

Obama had little to do with killing Bin Laden. I would heap my praise on the intelligence services and special forces.

Obama had little to do with killing Bin Laden. I would heap my praise on the intelligence services and special forces.

I would too and in his speech he did, but history has shown it is usually the president that gains (or loses) most from this kind of operation.

He reviewed the mission and approved of it while everybody was harping on about his goddamn birth certificate. I'd say he deserves some credit too.

He reviewed the mission and approved of it while everybody was harping on about his goddamn birth certificate. I'd say he deserves some credit too.

I'm not as much of a fan of his since he got elected but he's been willing to approve risky military plans and delegate to the on scene commander and back them up. This and several anti-pirate ops off the coast of Somalia back that up.

BTW I don't see any reason to celebrate. In many ways he won, the US economy sucks in large part because the US is in two wars that Bush and Obama never bothered to pay for, he allowed the neo-cons to go nuts with things like the PATRIOT act, we gave up a lot of our ideals, and we lost credibility to other countries. America is worse than it was pre-9/11 and killing this person doesn't change any of that.

Last night, we heard the spontaneous ZOMGs of the whole military intelligence community. Meanwhile, all of us current and former thinktankers were like "meh. called it."

I agree though. I'm pleased that the figurehead of AQ is gone, but it won't change anything. It's pretty much impossible to celebrate another death, even if it is OBL.

Really dude? Do you even read the news? Or at least pretend to understand it? Don't come in unless you've done your homework.

Intelligence operations and other small forces will probably be left behind, and from what I understand there are no ground forces in Libya. We cannot completely quit these places, no but we can remove the majority of the forces gradually as we did in Iraq.

We will go into Libya, using some idiotic pretext that "it will go to Al Qaeda if we don't". I'm sure of that. We can pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan anytime we want. Groups like Al Qaeda don't have enough money to perform anything close to 9/11. If the U.S. stops dicking around in the Middle East, groups like Al Qaeda would focus on easier targets like Israel. Bombing the shit out of countries and occupying them does not stop terrorism it encourages it.

As for Iraq, there are currently 47,000 U.S. troops there.

Last edited:
Good riddance...

I just returned from Pakistan on Friday night. Glad i'm not there right now. I watched the Trump jokes by Obama and Meyers, which were hilarious. On the news they replayed the joke Meyers made about Bin Laden hiding in the mountains and the reaction from Obama (laughing)...he of course knew the truth at the time.

I heard the news this morning on the radio pulling out of the driveway, first thing that popped in my head was some intelligence suit walking into the oval office going "Mr President, we got him", with 'America, fuck yeah' immediatly afterwards......blame Hollywood.

[video=youtube;sWS-FoXbjVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI&feature=related[/video]

Got you covered.