Ownership Verified: CraigB's Correct-Wheel-Drive Lesbaru (2013 Subaru BRZ)

8Akq.gif

Rotary actually sounds ideal as it's lightweight, then slap some Mazda RX badges on it and confuse the heck out of people.

LS swaps have been done in Miatas before but I still think it's too heavy for something like this. That's assuming you could ever make enough space for a V8 to fit in.

EV conversion?

Do a ridiculous engine swap

Would love to and that's what got me thinking about the car again. I had decided I would put a Ford Ecoboost 2.3 in the BRZ. Figured that would be an interesting swap and would be pretty easy way to add 100+ horsepower. Start adding up the parts, used here, new there and we are back up to at least $10k again. I just don't have that sort of coin to throw at it.

EV conversion?

That is a great idea, but again, I'm not sure it's possible for the budget I have, which is, little to none.

Last edited:
Mustang 5.0L with explorer GT40 heads? 😆

*Looks at conversation*

Jank-ass Junkyard GM truck small block.

That's fine, but it'll still cost at least $10k to make it work. I am not kidding.

$4000 for all the parts to make it fit.

A couple thousand for a decent 5.3 and a manual transmission. Then you need to at least swap the cam and valve springs to make any good power. That's $3000 for the engine/trans/cam. Trucks intakes suck, so a decent intake too, no idea but gotta be $500. Now we have to control it. I'm guessing to get a good swap harness and ECM is $500 (or more). Now we are at $4000.

Then I would still need someone to make a good exhaust, $1000 at least for someone competent.

At this point we are $9000 in and the A/C doesn't work, who knows what the chassis thinks about having a random engine in it. Add another $1000 for additional parts that I am not thinking of at the moment.

No doubt it would be a ripper, but I just don't have that sorts of dough.