Do you have a name for your car?

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
Some people personify their cars, others give them nicknames ("Lil Bastard" comes to mind), and yet some people name their Beetle Peggy. ;)

I don't have a name for my Honda motorcycle project (other than ":censored: :censored:ing :censored: of :censored:"), and I personally won't think I'll name it anything. I haven't come across anything clever for the Yammy, either (other than, er, "Yammy").

NO. I haven't made an emotional attachment to my car. I am not like Richard Hammond. :p

Last edited:
Hmmm.

I called my Bluebird "Bluey" - fitting as it's a dog and Bluey is a very cliche'd name for a Blue Heeler dog here in Australia. Although, nothing has really come or stuck for the E34. I usually call it the E34, 530 or the Beemer.

"Roo" for the Kangoo, and "Richie" for the old Renault 5 my parents had before it. The 5 was named after Richie Benot, presumably as it rhymes with Renault, the Kangoo after Kangaroo, but shortened.

I just call it "The Car" or "The Jaguar". I have thought of getting vanity plates that say "MRTOAD", but that's a different matter.

No.

I haven't come across anything clever for the Yammy, either (other than, er, "Yammy").

I call mine "Ybbie", but mostly just because saying YBR 125 (or in German: Ypsilon Bee Err hunderf?nfundzwanzig) every time is a bit annoying imo. :p
When talking with my dad I've started to refer to it just as "the little one" recently, because it really is just so tiny compared to "the Beemer". ;)

No.

I refer to all of my cars by their exact product name, e.g 130, GTI, Jazz etc..

I call my Alfa "Babe", this is mostly because in Spanish car is a masculine noun (el coche), and my Alfa is definately Female.

When I was little my mum and dad had...

Percy Porsche (911)
Roger the Rover (SD1 V8)
Rhubarb (rover V8 - Crimson)
Custard (Mini Clubman - Yellow)
Jiggy (Mini Clubman registration JYG....)

We always make fun of my neighbours' daughter's boyfriend's giant Dodge Ram with massive, ugly chrome wheels which is clearly labelled as "THE TANK". :rolleyes: (He also has a Hummer I think)

I call my Alfa "Babe", this is mostly because in Spanish car is a masculine noun (el coche), and my Alfa is definately Female.

When I was little my mum and dad had...

Percy Porsche (911)
Roger the Rover (SD1 V8)
Rhubarb (rover V8 - Crimson)
Custard (Mini Clubman - Yellow)
Jiggy (Mini Clubman registration JYG....)

Hehe, that's cute :happy:

We always make fun of my neighbours' daughter's boyfriend's giant Dodge Ram with massive, ugly chrome wheels which is clearly labelled as "THE TANK". :rolleyes: (He also has a Hummer I think)

Aren't you over in Europeland or something? How much of a massive overcompensating douche is he?

My Land Rover has a couple names. The first came as a result of wanting to get the windows tinted. When the man at the tint shop saw the vehicle I'd brought he said "No wonder you want that thing tinted, you're driving around in an aquarium." I liked the name and kept it. The second came about after a friend randomly called it 'The Boat'. Indestructible is another name that would apply for it.

The Yamaha is a little less imaginatively named, I call her 'Maxine' because it's an XJ650 Maxim.

we had a 1.1 liter 205 pug.. it was slow, it was not mean angry car, more like cheerful and we called it The Red Devil

It's not like it is a real nickname, but I sometimes refer to my car as "The Brick"