Gran Turismo 5

To be fair theres only ~40 million worth of interesting stuff. I bought $20 million worth of cars a few days ago to get the trophy, and even then, a lot of them I didnt even want.

I'm aiming at collecting all the cars. Whats the point of them being there otherwise.

Theres still no power/weight restrictions

Really? From the way I understood it on GTP they limited it to power and drivetrain.

The 4 categories being: FF 200hp, FR 300hp, 4WD 400hp, and Ferrari F1.

Last edited:
Those are the competitors specs. The player is unrestricted.

These races are really weak. I like the big payouts. I know they want people to play the game, but I'm getting that "I have to grind" feeling from WoW. This is suppose to be fun.....

Last edited:
Those are the competitors specs. The player is unrestricted.

Wait? What?!

What the hell is the point then?

PD keeps swinging and missing with GT5. I'm not even going to get into the game, but these seasonal events? First they made they were near impossible. Then they made them incredibly easy, but had a huge cr/xp gains. Now they're incredibly easy and the rewards are negligible.

Last edited:
Shit.
That reminds me that I forgot to win the previous events.

Escudo, Escudo, Escudo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's absolutely garbage on GT5, but it has to be bought.

Taken off GTP...

FF Challenge
Tsukuba (3 laps) - 16,900cr + 3060 XP
Eiger Short (3) - 20,000cr + 3670 XP
Trial Mountain (3) - 26,600cr + 4890 XP

FR Challenge
Deep Forest (5) - 19,700cr + 4020 XP
Suzuka (3) - 19,700cr + 3980 XP
Cape Ring N (5) - 24,200cr + 4890 XP

4WD Challenge
Rome (3) - 21,200cr + 3840 XP
Laguna Seca (3) - 26,000cr + 4780 XP
Cape Ring (2) - 32,700cr + 6000 XP

FFC (Ferrari Formula Challenge)
Tokyo (10) - 113,000cr + 28,000 XP
Nurburgring GP (10) - 143,600cr + 35,900 XP
Indy Road (10) - 111,200cr + 27,800 XP

Total awards for Seasonal Events 7 = 574,800 credits + 130,830 XP

(x) = number of laps, all awards are repeatable.

What annoyed me, 'Cars of around 197 BHP' Yet, you let me take a 400 BHP Focus?
I know people are gonna complain saying, "You should use a 197BHP car" but why don't PD enforce it?

Also, I don't wanna waste 10 million buying an F1 car.

Is the Ferrari challenge doable with the Formula GT? I need to buy that anyway.

No, Ferrari F1 only. <_<

The only point of seasonals was the billion credit bonus race... which they've taken away from us. :(

Last edited:
No, Ferrari F1 only. <_<

The only point of seasonals was the billion credit bonus race... which they've taken away from us. :(

This time. We'll see if it becomes a trend. They're probably just trying different things to see what people like, the events are temporary after all.

Well, yes, big payouts were good idea. That's a shame they didn't leave that. But come on, you can take a competitive car (not an overpowered one) and make it harder yourself. Maybe it is good idea that xp and cr should depend on hp, weight and tyres of player's car.

Is there a big difference between F2007 and F10? I don't know which one to buy.

So I'm almost done with the Nurburgring 24h B-Spec, and it just started raining quite hard.

Why domy B-spec drivers keep wanting to switch to Racing Hard. I keep telling them Racing Rain, but they do 1 lap on those and come back in for Hards. I let it slide once just to see what would happen, and he spun in almost every other corner. So I told him to get Rains again... but 1 laps later he went back to Hards.

They had no problem with tire selection during the 24h Le Mans. What gives?

EDIT: seems like the competition is also brain dead. All 12 cars on the track are now running on Hards...and all 12 cars are spinning in every corner.

Last edited:
So I'm almost done with the Nurburgring 24h B-Spec, and it just started raining quite hard.

Why domy B-spec drivers keep wanting to switch to Racing Hard. I keep telling them Racing Rain, but they do 1 lap on those and come back in for Hards. I let it slide once just to see what would happen, and he spun in almost every other corner. So I told him to get Rains again... but 1 laps later he went back to Hards.

They had no problem with tire selection during the 24h Le Mans. What gives?

EDIT: seems like the competition is also brain dead. All 12 cars on the track are now running on Hards...and all 12 cars are spinning in every corner.

That is the tragicomical mistyque of the AI in GT5: they?re ALL braindead.

Woooo random car ticket!

I love those.

Lets see what I got for LV24 Class....

An FGT..... Great <_<

Also, I don't wanna waste 10 million buying an F1 car.

If you can wait til the 12th I can send you either one of them.

Is there a big difference between F2007 and F10? I don't know which one to buy.

I did the challenge in both of them and found it was easier in the F2007. The F10 changes directions really ****ing fast, the F2007 is a little slower so its more controlable.

Wait? What?!

What the hell is the point then?

Even it was restricted to 200, 300, 400 HP it would be a joke. I used a 133 HP Cappucino RM and won the FR challenge by over 30 seconds.

Last edited:
You have to buy a Ferrari F1 for the new seasonals? Haven't turned the ps3 on in a few days because of out-of-town company.

Agree with the ouch of needing to buy a Ferrari F1 car (10 or 12M credits) to win like 60k credits with it.