Help my parents choose a new car

and it's calculated using km/l which is a unit measurement that is all wrong so I gave up. Y U NO l/100km like sensible nations!? :p

Says the guy from the country of liter per mil.

Rather than currency or ways to write fuel efficiency, let's talk about cars. Have you looked at the new Koenigsegg Agera?

4 seat Koenigsegg
01-koenigsegg-Quant-Concept.jpg

you're welcome.

This is was a production car. :D

Centurion.jpg

Isn't wasn't the Centurion more an aftermarket conversion than a proper production car?

More to the point, availability in Denmark would be nice :tease:

Everything is available anywhere.....it just takes more money.

:lol: sorry, I should have specified that my parents aren't millionaires or even close to it, and no that doesn't mean that they are billionaires :p

Says the guy from the country of liter per mil.

l/10km is perfectly sensible! Much easier to say too, 0,5 per mil! No need to say hundred kilometers, which is many letters in a row! :p

QOwWf.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't wasn't the Centurion more an aftermarket conversion than a proper production car?

More to the point, availability in Denmark would be nice :tease:

Well, the centurion was basically a Ford F350 4 door long bed? or short bed(don't remember) with a fixed cap on the back and a better interior.

l/10km is perfectly sensible! Much easier to say too, 0,5 per mil! No need to say hundred kilometers, which is many letters in a row! :p

If everyone agreed on l/100km you could just use the figure and leave out the kilometres in day-to-day conversation. Over here that's what most people do, the colloquial unit of consumption is litres with an implicit "per 100 km".

That's what people do, but everyone has already agreed on mil, so if you talk per hundred you need to say so. Otherwise people will think your car uses 5,5l/10km :D
If the mil was something weird and not decimal, it'd be a problem but it's just a word for 10km so it's very sensible. We should encourage the remaining imperial countries to do the same, they can keep their words, but change the definition! Sadly the imperial mile is very short. When the mil was converted to decimal it was only a difference of 700 meters.

skuw2.jpg

Have they bought a C30 yet?

Last edited:
I would encourage them to try a Renault Scenic before deciding, and yes I know it's french. It's not a Citro?n though.