Is this it? 2015 6th gen Mustang

Good value I'd say. What other car could you get that has V8, rwd, and a manual transmission in the US?

Good value I'd say. What other car could you get that has V8, rwd, and a manual transmission in the US?
There's plenty of RWD V8s with manual transmissions in the US. At the price of the V8 Mustang, however, there's likely to be only the V8 Camaro and the V8 Challenger. Personally, though, the more I think about it, the more I think that the turbo-4 is likely to be standout engine of the bunch. I wasn't convinced at first, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Sorry, LV = Lehigh Valley in this case. I need to remember it's only Rick and maybe the Lancaster, PA peeps who'll understand local abbreviations. :lol:

:lol: speaking of which, wtf! How did LV get the new mustang at the auto show yet Harrisburg got nothing! :p

There's plenty of RWD V8s with manual transmissions in the US. At the price of the V8 Mustang, however, there's likely to be only the V8 Camaro and the V8 Challenger. Personally, though, the more I think about it, the more I think that the turbo-4 is likely to be standout engine of the bunch. I wasn't convinced at first, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Yeah with that engine the BRZ/FT86 will be a real snore.

Cross posting:

2015 Mustang pricing is out.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news...along-with-official-order-guide?src=soc_fcbks

V6 Base Pricing

Mustang V6 Fastback (050A): $24,425
Mustang V6 Fastback (051A): $25,420

EcoBoost Base Pricing

Mustang EcoBoost Fastback (100A): $25,995
Mustang EcoBoost Fastback (200A): $29,995
Mustang EcoBoost Fastback (201A): $31,790

GT Base Pricing

Mustang GT Fastback (300A): $32,925
Mustang GT Premium Fastback (400A): $36,100
Mustang GT Premium Fastback (401A): $38,720
Mustang GT 50 Year Limited Edition (500A): $46,995

Good on Ford for not hiking the prices up much. I was worried the Ecoboost version would cost the same as the current GT, but it's incredibly well priced, I think. In fact it makes me very tempted to email a few Ford dealerships with questions about ordering one. I could get an Ecoboost model, with Recaro's and the performance pack, for about what I would pay now for a current GT with Recaro's.

Tough choice though, since I love the Coyote 5.0L V8 and very badly want to own a good naturally aspirated V8 before they go extinct. But the new car is looking very good and by what Ford is saying, they changed the one thing I didn't really like about the current/previous Mustangs, the up-right seating position. And if what they did with the Focus ST and Fiesta ST is anything to go by, I think this new fully independent suspension Mustang will be the best handling stallion to wear a blue oval.

Or I could buy a current GT and trade it for a new GT in a couple years, and hope the good price I could get keeps the depreciation damage minimal.

Just sayin, after haggling I went out the door with mine for under 32k.

MSRP was 37xxx, 301A + Track Pack + Recaros

I'm somewhat curious about the german prices, but they will probably suck. They are going to make the first 500 cars for europe available for preorder in 2 days the website claims. Lets hope they also talk about prices then.

Just sayin, after haggling I went out the door with mine for under 32k.

MSRP was 37xxx, 301A + Track Pack + Recaros
"Out the door" implies final price, including taxes AND financing cost. Is this really what you got? If so, that's pretty incredible!

I wonder if the v6 or ecoboost will show up at rental car places. If so, it would be the first time I pay for a rental myself.

"Out the door" implies final price, including taxes AND financing cost. Is this really what you got? If so, that's pretty incredible!

Final price, including everything.

Final price, including everything.

Damn, that dealer must have really wanted to get that car off the lot asap. I can't see them possibly having made even a penny. If I bought that exact car for myself, I could get it for $31,500 with my employee discount, but thats before taxes and fees, which would probably bump it up to $34,000 or so.

Last edited:
With the pricing released, I have a decision to make. Do I, A, run to the nearest Ford dealer screaming "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" or B, do the sensible thing and wait a few years for a nice used example to come along $10k cheaper?

Sell mustangs to by mustang?

I wonder if the v6 or ecoboost will show up at rental car places. If so, it would be the first time I pay for a rental myself.

I'm not so sure about the ecoboost, but the V6 certainly should (about 1-2 years after it's released). I rented a current gen V6 last year from Avis, and I didn't even book a coupe!

With the pricing released, I have a decision to make. Do I, A, run to the nearest Ford dealer screaming "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" or B, do the sensible thing and wait a few years for a nice used example to come along $10k cheaper?

If you had to put a price on 3 years of badassery and awesomeness, would it be above or below $10k? :p

Sell mustangs to by mustang?

Sadly, I'm down to just one. The 1993 sold last week, leaving just the SVO.

If you had to put a price on 3 years of badassery and awesomeness, would it be above or below $10k? :p

Uhm, well. I'm not a awesome or badass type of person. So, I guess it's priceless. ;)

I'm not so sure about the ecoboost, but the V6 certainly should (about 1-2 years after it's released). I rented a current gen V6 last year from Avis, and I didn't even book a coupe!

Hertz usually gets the current model year Mustang relatively quickly. A friend of mine rented a 2013 in Denver the same exact week I bought mine.

I'm somewhat curious about the german prices, but they will probably suck. They are going to make the first 500 cars for europe available for preorder in 2 days the website claims. Lets hope they also talk about prices then.
It has to be below 30.000? to be competitive. I don't think Ford being able to compete with the Porsche Cayman, for reasons of brand image alone, so it has to be priced to compete with the Scirocco.