Knight Rider: Fears, Hopes, Concerns?

Did kitt just "transform" into a mustang? :lol:

Did he think he was a lump of cheese or something? Haven't seen the episode yet, will probably watch it tonight.

2 more episodes to go!

That child in the last episode was the worst actor EVER.

I love the revamp, Mach II Mustang. :cool:

The Die Another Day guns were awful. :(

The last episode was the same crap as before. It pretty much was over for me when Kitt braked hard to make Michael dip and hit his head on the dash. Who writes this stuff? :rolleyes:

Yeah well you have to just ignore those things like I have done for the
1.CGI
2.Horrible car for KITT
3.Random transformation into anything
and so on

Nothing wrong with using a Mustang in my book, but the transformations get more and more stupid. I liked the simple 'active skin' idea they used in the pilot movie, and if they had sorted out the CGI so the cars don't all look matt black when they're transforming it would've been fine.

Yeah well you have to just ignore those things like I have done for the
1.CGI
2.Horrible car for KITT
3.Random transformation into anything
and so on
But if I ignore everything that's bad about Knight Rider, I'm left with ... nothing. :p

Just thought of something else. Where did GT500KR come from? Surely they're not stupid enough to name the car after the show. They 'characters' would have no idea, so why have they done that?

Just thought of something else. Where did GT500KR come from? Surely they're not stupid enough to name the car after the show. They 'characters' would have no idea, so why have they done that?

The "KR" suffix predates the show by about 40 years. The original Shelby Mustang GT500 was available in a -KR variant; specifically the 1968 GT500KR "King of the Road" model.

Last edited:
Just finished watching the new episode, wasn't really bad, the new episodes after the overhaul have actually been watchable, it's now going to win any emmys but as popcorn tv it isn't that bad.

Just finished watching the new episode, wasn't really bad, the new episodes after the overhaul have actually been watchable, it's now going to win any emmys but as popcorn tv it isn't that bad.

Dangerous slip up there. :p

Yeah, the last episode was by far the best one yet, so one can actually name the few idiotic things:

• KITT telling Billy what's funny and what's not when he's the last member of the crew that understands humor
  • the bar chick hitting the knife into the counter just after Michael grabbed the hand of the guy stealing the money. She could easily have injured him when he had the situation covered already
  • the bad guy laying fires around the building when there's a huge stack of highly flammable methane under it - :blink:
  • the woman nerd ... on rollerskates ... with earplugs and a helmet with a flashlight ... to get some stuff from an abandoned room. What the hell was that about? Why didn't she just go there?
  • the car accident ... no screeching tires ... because he didn't brake ... right. How would tires not screech when you're going round a bend at full speed?
  • KITT not warning Mike that there are shooters on the bridge before they open fire at him. What's he there for?
  • KITT has 8000 rounds to fire, which he does. He hits the bridge with maybe 10 randomly allocated rounds. What a shooter. Also, a minigun will maybe do 8000 rounds a minute, but not in 7 seconds
  • how the hell did the guys that blocked the road know that Mike would go that way? He changed directions several times, he could have gone a totally different route

Yeah and
*why the hell KITT didnt detect there was methane around the bar until that carjacker lite the place up??

The episode was meh...naf said

He did Cena's FU. :lol:
"You can only last for 7 seconds?" :p

That art guy singing had to have been improv, dude who played Mike was cracking up.

What did the methane sniffing bit have to do with the rest of the episode? They followed a trail of it back to the office, but nothing came from it. They didn't say where the fires came from. FFS!

The thing with this show is this: it doesn't need to have all these ridiculous faults. The show could easily be miles better if the guys who write it would actually have a bit of brain.

Taken the last episode as an example, pretty much everyone could come up with workarounds for those faults that wouldn't make the production any more expensive or more complicated and instantly improve Knight Rider heaps.

And that makes the whole experience so much worse...