Last movie you saw?

i'm immensely annoyed by the local cinema people again... this is a university town and we have a very large amount of international students, but still, they think if they show the damn movie in the original english once a week in the smallest theater they have, that'll satisfy the demand. yeah, tomorrows showing has been sold out for days, maybe add another showing? nope, not gonna happen... fucking idiotic clowns...

i'm immensely annoyed by the local cinema people again... this is a university town and we have a very large amount of international students, but still, they think if they show the damn movie in the original english once a week in the smallest theater they have, that'll satisfy the demand. yeah, tomorrows showing has been sold out for days, maybe add another showing? nope, not gonna happen... fucking idiotic clowns...

send them an angry letter that which they won't read!

Or more proactively telephone the manager and point it out. If it's standalone business they will be doing themselves a favour, if it's part of a chain he/she may suggest changes to head office that will increase revenue and therefore profit and possibly their salary/annual bonus.

Cross the border into either NL or BE and problem solved (and write the german cinema an e-mail everytime you do you, just to be an ass about it) ... that was the one thing that I really liked living on the dutch-border ... being able to see most movies in their original language.
German cinemas in general tend not to cater to this sort of audience. In France (or at least here in Paris) I have no shortage of movies shown in english with subtitles too.

Anyway ...

the pyramid

Found footage creature horror? They still make these?
They did however find a setting that has not been beaten to death. The movie has that going for it. And it does not look half bad.
I also fucking loved Anubis. I don?t know why these creepy ancient gods don?t get used more often in these sort of movies.

5/10

gone girl

When Fincher get?s a movie right, he really get?s it right. Pretty much perfect. (for me) Already one of the best movies of this decade.

9/10

Argo

Nothing I can really hold against the movie, but also not much that convinced me. Solid acting and everything, but it just fell short of drawing me in. I didn?t really connect with the movie and the characters of whom the movie just had too many important ones of. Maybe it would have been better if they would have concentrated on the "group of 6" more rather than putting so much focus on the stuff going on in the movie business or the CIA.

7/10

Kingsman

I did not expect much about this one, only to be positively surprised. All around a solid piece of retro spy-movie with a quite (AFAIK) original story and characters.

7/10

Last edited:
... no shortage of movies shown in english with subtitles too.

that's the problem... subtitles in general and dutch ones in particular are ridiculously distracting to the point of ruining the entire experience for me. i've tried it a few times, but it annoys me so much that i won't do that anymore :dunno:

i'd go and suggest some changes to the people running the cinema, but a friend of mine actually works there (and has actually tried) and knows them. they're so incredibly full of themselves, they simply won't listen to anything a lowly employee or, godforbid, a filthy customer might come up with.

In that case why not speak to the student body at the university and see if you can't start a petition? In my experience students love to get behind a cause and have a go at authority. Could be quite fun.

Avengers: Age of Ultron

3/10

Not my kind of movie at all, i really tried but i just can't enjoy a movie about super heroes and this one was the worst super heroes movie i ever watched.

I learned my lesson, i will never pay to watch any DC or Marvel movie again.

3/10

Not my kind of movie at all, i really tried but i just can't enjoy a movie about super heroes and this one was the worst super heroes movie i ever watched.

That's fair to say you recognize that you don't like superhero movies. They're definitely not for everyone and many hardcore comic nerds don't like they've become so mainstream popular and kind if wish they fall out of popularity so they can keep to genre to themselves again.

3/10

That's fair to say you recognize that you don't like superhero movies. They're definitely not for everyone and many hardcore comic nerds don't like they've become so mainstream popular and kind if wish they fall out of popularity so they can keep to genre to themselves again.

oh thank god i'm not the only one, thank you guys! everybody always tries talking me into these movies (but they're so awesoooome), but i simply don't want to watch them. the entire premise simply doesn't elicist any interest from me whatsoever... i simply don't care!

John Wick

Who needs a script when you have loads of fighting? :lol::cool:

American Sniper

America overload.

Ex Machina

Holy shit I'm having an existential crisis here. I haven't been this spooked by a movie ever.

10/10 would fuck a robot.

Ex Machina

Holy shit I'm having an existential crisis here. I haven't been this spooked by a movie ever.

10/10 would fuck a robot.

Considering what some people fuck, that can be seen as a step up, or not.

Kingsman

As Kick-Ass is the greatest film ever made, Kingsman has the same writer, as well as the same director and the same screenwriters. Will this be up there?
WOWzers, this film is incredible. It may also be the most British film ever made. :| The soundtrack is pretty good, Samuel L Jackson as a Spike Lee-esque guy is great.

The church scene made me watch in awe, however I didn't buy Colins death.

Rating 10/10.

As per usual with Matthew Vaughn/Marv films, the CGI is a bit iffy at times.

Mad Max

Wow, just, wow. I went only cause everyone was praising it so much, so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.
I don't know what to say exactly. It's good, don't get me wrong, I like it, but I think I jsut wasn't prepared for that level of destruction and mayhem.
It's also been awhile since I saw the old ones, I think that might have helped me put things in perspective, especially Road Warrior.

Kingsman

Why did I wait so long to watch this? Utterly brilliant, highly recommended to... well, anyone I guess. I laughed a lot. Only thing that somehow didn't work for me at all was a lithping Thamuel L Jackthon...

Well, the censored bit is right at the end when he's talking to the princess about rescuing her. ;)