My life just got more stressful and boring

Ottobon

Car(s)
2 Rust buckets and a confused 1999 American.
House is sold, need to be out before middle of May. Anyways, anybody know anything about moving cats? (as in lolcats, kittens, pussies, felines, domestics short hairs etc) I'm just hoping we can find some place that has a garage/shed, allows pets, and isn't unbelievably depressing to look at. Maybe all new houses seem terrible when you've lived in the same house all your conscience life, but then maybe if we could afford something nicer they wouldn't all seem like such shit-boxes.

My first thought upon reading the headline: "You got married?"

:drums:

Heh, I assumed that it was female-related too :lol:.

Moving cats? Throw it in a decent sized box and close the lid. When you get to your new place, wait until you're in a smaller room before you let them out. Just shut the door, leave them food and water, and let them calm down. All the cats my family have owned go nuts when we move, and that strategy seems to work best.

Last edited:
I don't understand the point of cats. They don't provide meat, milk or fur...

As tigger said - when you move them give them time to settle into your new place, let them find their way around. All of the things they're used to (you, your furniture etc) will be familiar to them, they just need to find the lay of the land. If you let them outside wait a while before you do that though.

They'll settle in quite quickly.

for the cat:

http://img177.imageshack.**/img177/4996/128294874760157500heywhfe9.jpg

he he he...

At least they're better than dogs, in that they don't require as much attention and effort.

Everyone in my new building has a dog it seems. I don't mind actual dogs, but most of these are those fucktarded miniaturized yappy things.

Ottobon, moving out is a bitch. I'm glad I finished with my move this week, though lots of rubbish remains at my mom's house that I need to go grab still......

each time we moved home, the first time my cat was let outside (after a week or so), my mum would put butter on his feet so he could find his way home. it's an old wives tale according to the internetz, but it didn't do our cat harm.

actually, if you put butter on the cats paws and he falls = anti gravity! (yeah bad joke i know)

we have 5 cats now, i hope we don't move for a long time...

At least they're better than dogs, in that they don't require as much attention and effort.

But dogs provide wool! At least mine does, when I brush it. :p

IMG_2837.jpg

OP: Get a rabbit cage and shove the cat there. It'll start meowing, then eventually give up. Mine gives up after about 15 minutes. Alternatively, you could put it on a leash. Some transport their cats in boxes, but mine destroys the box and sits on top of it, triumphantly.

I take it you like to eat your pets... You do realize some cultures eat cat and dogs, so your statement is partially wrong.

Well you could always use Clarkson's method for getting horseboxes to move faster.
You'll need some elastic stuff, some padding, some tape and a rope....

Well you could always use Clarkson's method for getting horseboxes to move faster.
You'll need some elastic stuff, some padding, some tape and a rope....

Just for the record, wasn't that actually a little girls design that she sent into TopGear?

Thanks for the info, i should be stressed but if we get something atleast as nice looking as the house we were at today ill be crazy happy. I mean i get to make money selling all my toys (except Micromachines, not letting those go just yet) and the house we looked at seemed to have the type of backyard i had always hope for as a kid (wooded area to F around in on a dirtbike, presuming the landlord doesn't give a rats) I think the main thing is that hopefully between me and my dad we'll throw away/sell enough shit that the house might actually be CLEAN. If he even trys to mess up the garage i'm totally not paying any rent, because i NEED a clean garage, and i'm sick of living in a automotive haitus simply because whenever i try to fix something on my car i spend 3/10ths of that time working and the rest looking for dumbass tools he buried like a squirrel would its nuts.

Oh, is this you by chance? :D

Simpsons_CrazyCatLady.jpg

damnit, you got me!

we adopted a stray cat who turned up on our doorstep...and she was pregnant. then her kittens had kittens, before we could give away the original kittens. we got rid of most of them, but 4 from the original litter were too old for the pet shop and we loved them too much to go to the pound. they're outdoor cats, but they do nothing to keep the rabbit or mouse population down. useless, but cute.

one of my dad's mates has just moved in with his new fiance. between them they have 8 cats and they're in suburbia :?

Bah! ... Okay, maybe you have a point. I just like dogs so much more than cats. I mean, they can actually obey what you say, and they're slightly more useful than a cat when it comes to home security :lol:. As for yippy little dogs though, I'd only be happier if they all fell off the face of the earth. Or if my hound dogs ate a few of them.

No Schroedinger's Cat comments yet?
cat_anti-gravity.jpg

This what you're talking about? :lol: ambernorm hinted at it.