Pacific Rim. Giant monsters, Robots, and GLaDOS.

Well it looks daft but it might be entertaining. That really is GLaDOS too, wonder what that's all about.

Fuck yeah, giant-robot show with throwback mecha designs - kinda like Tetsujin-28 meets Getter Robo. It's got a rocket punch for crying out loud - I'll pay to see that in theaters.

Whoa... :blink:

The only way that could of been more awesome was if one of the robots had an old muscle car for a head. Rep for anyone who gets that.

I'm a sucker for giant robots, so I'm looking forward to this. It also strikes me as slightly Power Rangers-esque, which makes it even better.

I just want to know what's with the GLaDOS voice.

I don't think it fits with the movie, and now it'll never get used in one again. Totally wasted it.

I love big robot things. From that perspective, and that of this being a big special effects action flick, this movie will be awesome. I bet, however, as a movie, this movie will suck. I could be wrong, and I would like to be wrong.

I have read from a very reliable source (wiki) that del Toro picked this film up after his HP Lovecraft based film was canned by Universal (over budget disagreements). Perhaps it's possible this movie isn't JUST a silly action flick?

I love big robot things. From that perspective, and that of this being a big special effects action flick, this movie will be awesome. I bet, however, as a movie, this movie will suck. I could be wrong, and I would like to be wrong.

Dude.
Del Toro.
Guy hasn't made a bad movie yet.
Edit: Oh shit, Charlie Day is in this movie?? It would be pretty sweet if they litterally just dropped the character of Charlie Kelly into this. (Yes I know that is not going to happen, but I'm sure someone on the internet with way too much free time will do a mashup)

Last edited:
Dude.
Del Toro.
Guy hasn't made a bad movie yet.
)

He hasn't written/directed one yet, but he has been involved in some clunkers like Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark.

But between this reminding me of Robox Jox, Del Toro directing, and Glados, I'll be there with fucking bells on. This is also why I'm so glad he dropped out of doing The Hobbit.

I can totally see where this film will go. They will start out fighting Monsters but then realise the Monster was with them the whole time....GLaDOS! :lol:

The only way that could of been more awesome was if one of the robots had an old muscle car for a head. Rep for anyone who gets that.

You mean a giant alien robot with a Hemi 'cuda for a head that (accidentally) destroys conveniently empty buildings in northern New Jersey?

I can totally see where this film will go. They will start out fighting Monsters but then realise the Monster was with them the whole time....GLaDOS! :lol:

If that's true the cinema could have a terrible mess on their hands...