Porsche 918 Concept

So Porsche's only designer has been spending the last decade working on this? Time well spent.

(I was kinda secretly hoping for something entry level when I saw 918 though, it made me think 914)

That red button. Launch the rockets?
scr_113654437.jpg

Lookswise it's insane, but not as beautiful as the Carrera GT is.

That being said. This is one hell of a car.

This justifies the Cayenne.

Holy shit, a desirable modern Porsche o_O

Yay! They found the key from the cupboard the designers had been locked in!

MOTHER. OF. GOD.
HOLY S***. DO SERIOUSLY WANT.

I think the loopy wings where the roll bars are need to go away, and something needs to be done about that huge, blank, bulbous rear bumper, and it needs proper wheels, but other than that I think it's great.

Electric motors need to go too.

Turbo, Turbo S, GT3 and GT3 RS not good enough? :p

"It's pure Porschography..."

I can't wait for the 918 Turbo S. Or 918 GT3.

Look it has a really interesting four-way traction control! Porsche is catching up to Ferrari!

Now dismount the whole hybrid-system and make the car weigh beneath 1000kg. That in addition to a 3.4 liter V8 which revs beyond 10k rpm, would be totally awesome.

I WANT ONE OF THOSE YESTERDAY

I'm kind of surprised to say that I have mixed feelings about the electrical stuff. On one hand, I would not want that garbage in any car of mine, but then again, a true high performance supercar that also has pretty strong green credentials would make the greenie weenies crap themselves in a fit of confused emotions (rage and disgust at expensive fast car+green satisfaction = melted enviro-nut brains) and that can't be a bad thing.

Porsche mostly just has to:

1: not change a thing about the design... especially the SIDE EXHAUST :D
2: ...except for maybe a less futuristic/fugly interior

3: BUILD IT

This car has a lot of similarities with the Carrera GT, looking at the exposed parts of the CF-tub. The design, like the Carrera GT, draws a lot of inspiration from racing Porsche's of the 60s; I see a lot of 718 RSK, and some 917 in it. It also has the familiar Porsche Family Face (TM), very recognizable from the front. I also like the double air-scoops mounted behind the rollover hoops, they remind me of the airbox from the Lotus 72 F1 car and a pair of rocket launchers.

I bet the 3,4-liter V8 engine is the 9R6 racing V8 out of the RS Spyder, beautiful thing that...

9R6V82.jpg

9R6V8.jpg

daff.gif
invisible-fap.gif

fap.gif
http://img56.imageshack.**/img56/3553/1237364165394zzj.gif

That's all.

Tone the styling down and give it a 6 speed and I'm onboard.

edit: I LOVE the wheels.

Last edited: