Ownership Verified: Porsche Cayman GTS 2016

Awesome, that's definitely an upgrade from the Fiat :D

When are you fitting a sports exhaust?

Awesome, that's definitely an upgrade from the Fiat :D

When are you fitting a sports exhaust?

Don't need to, the GTS comes with both PASM active suspension and active sport exhaust as standard compared to the Cayman S, hence the $10k increase in base price.

My car doesn't have the PASM but the lower/stiffer no cost Sport Suspension upgrade. Most of the manual GTS I found were equipped with the lower Sport Suspension while most PDK cars I saw had standard PASM.

Don't need to, the GTS comes with both PASM active suspension and active sport exhaust as standard compared to the Cayman S, hence the $10k increase in base price.

My car doesn't have the PASM but the lower/stiffer no cost Sport Suspension upgrade. Most of the manual GTS I found were equipped with the lower Sport Suspension while most PDK cars I saw had standard PASM.

Wait.

I is confoosed.

The GTS comes with PASM but your GTS doesn't have the PASM and has the Sport Suspension instead so that's why you don't need the exhaust? :blink:

Wait.

I is confoosed.

The GTS comes with PASM but your GTS doesn't have the PASM and has the Sport Suspension instead so that's why you don't need the exhaust? :blink:
Nope that isn't what I said, sorry if my wording confused you.

My car already has the sport exhaust as standard, so I don't need to install it later. (the crackle/pop on the overrun is wicked btw.)

My comments about suspension have nothing to do with the exhaust, you mashed that all together in your head.

Last edited:
Sport exhaust automatically goes into sport/open bypass valve mode when I select Sport or Sport+ modes and I can manually shut it off if I want the throttle response but not the extra noise.

I can also turn on Sport Exhaust manually while in normal mode as well.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Sport exhaust automatically goes into sport/open bypass valve mode when I select Sport or Sport+ modes and I can manually shut it off if I want the throttle response but not the extra noise.

I can also turn on Sport Exhaust manually while in normal mode as well.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Ah, OK.
:thumbsup:

I just got a little confused there.

(the crackle/pop on the overrun is wicked btw.)

That's weird for a 21th century car to have overrun combustion, cause it supposed to shut all the fuel in that mode. Do you hear crackle every time, or only in Sport modes?

Technicalities aside, i still prefer a ride with Corrigan, but lemme say my respects for having Something new, expensive and manual :thumbup:

Last edited:
That's weird for a 21th century car to have overrun combustion, cause it supposed to shut all the fuel in that mode. Do you hear crackle every time, or only in Sport modes?

Technicalities aside, i still prefer a ride with Corrigan, but lemme say my respects for having Something new, expensive and manual :thumbup:

Thanks for linking his car, I was wondering which Porsche he has. It's all good, some peopke prefer droptops and the wind in their hair, just not me.

Awesome! The GTS suspension is on the stiff side, but has obvious positives because of that. A very, very fun car to drive.

Awesome! The GTS suspension is on the stiff side, but has obvious positives because of that. A very, very fun car to drive.
Yep it's definitely on the stiff side but no worse than many cars w aftermarket stiffened suspension I've ridden on, and its ok in most city roads, except for the worst ones/ones under construction (which is a constant in LA) and in those cases nothing helps.

Road holding is sublime tho.

In case anyone asks 'y u not 911' i test drove a couple manual Carrera S, it felt too big & heavy for what I wanted. I don't need a quieter comfortable long range GT car, that's what the Audi is for.

I can understand this completely. The 991 tipped the scales for me between a 911 and a Cayman. In the 997/987 era I preferred the 911, but now I think I prefer the Cayman. I think the 991's much longer wheelbase transforms the car, and not in a good way. The four-wheel steering ones aren't quite as bad, but it's still unfortunate.

Yours looks fantastic! Great color and options.

I can understand this completely. The 991 tipped the scales for me between a 911 and a Cayman. In the 997/987 era I preferred the 911, but now I think I prefer the Cayman. I think the 991's much longer wheelbase transforms the car, and not in a good way. The four-wheel steering ones aren't quite as bad, but it's still unfortunate.

Yours looks fantastic! Great color and options.
I totally agree with you, I would have taken the 997 gen 911 over the 987 Caymans any day but now the tables have flipped.

The 991 gen looks beautiful but it has gotten bloated for a focused sports car IMHO. I think you have to go GT3 trim level just to get some of that lighter feel back.

Love it! <3

I've been reading it for years: the Cayman is the sportscar, the 911 became a sporty GT.
Also mid engine > rear engine :lol:
Yep, as brilliant the modern 911 chassis engineering is, the rear engine layout is fundamentally a flawed one and that wont change. 911 fanboys will kill me for that statement Im sure.

Yep, as brilliant the modern 911 chassis engineering is, the rear engine layout is fundamentally a flawed one and that wont change. 911 fanboys will kill me for that statement Im sure.

Die, heretic!