Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I hate big plastic engine covers. Where the crap is everything?

...and what rickhamilton said about the Cube. The first ones were square and kinda cool looking. Now it looks more like a melted cube: ewwwww.

Isn't that part of car design now? You start with a decent looking car, make a model of it in ice or something that melts, take time lapse photos over a day or two and get a hundred years of small revisions you can make.

My mum has a Camry as a hire car through the insurance company for two days while her car is getting some panel damage fixed...and the electric seat adjustment is broken, meaning she has to drive stretching to reach the pedals. LOLWUT fucking Hertz! :bangin:

so the last couple of weekends we've been setting an E36 up to pass MOT (car for my brother)

one of the problems was that it didn't start. if you turned the key, you hear the starter spin, but nothing grips. Got a new starter, got it installed...and nothing changed. same sound, still doesn't start :thumbsdown:

i guess it's the ring with tooth cramped around the flywheel (what's it called?) which doesn't grip anymore and spins freely :(

car has already 300K km and has no compression left...so it just isn't worth it to put more work in it

sucks

we already installed new tires, new brakelines, new oil filter and new thermostate

only positive thing is that it's a car one of my friends got basically for free, and he wanted to sell it to my brother...so it's he who did the investements...and it's he who now is pissed off, and has a car in which he has put more money than it's basically worth :D

Last edited:
I saw one too few months ago. In my opinion it's the best color for the car, makes it really stand out from the crowd.

You have to get it in green, like the ST has to be orange.
Another thing it was soo wide, the arches were wider than i thought. :cool:

we already installed new tires, new brakelines, new oil filter and new thermostate

only positive thing is that it's a car one of my friends got basically for free, and he wanted to sell it to my brother...so it's he who did the investements...and it's he who now is pissed off, and has a car in which he has put more money than it's basically worth :D

Er.... probably should have thought through the orders of your repairs first.

You have to get it in green, like the ST has to be orange.
Another thing it was soo wide, the arches were wider than i thought. :cool:

mm, that's true, especially with this new model. But in old RS-focuses and other fast fords, it's the blue you got to have.
I was supriced too how wide and massive it was, especially from the back. All show, all go! Still sad that it's FWD, altough it does handle the power quite well, unlike most of it's FWD rivals.

^

I haven't read it for obvious reasons, but I assume it's better now that the 'Americans have improved it and it is better than it could ever be'?

That is actually not very well written; it reads like it's been written for someone who has learning difficulties.

I didn't Know Jay Leno wrote for the Times.

Just got an emails saying he reviewed the DeLorean DMC12 for them.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/new_car_reviews/article7033773.ece
I think he sometimes fills Jeremy's slot? I seem to remember him writing once previously although I'd be hard pressed to tell you when and what car.
That is actually not very well written; it reads like it's been written for someone who has learning difficulties.
Agreed, that's pathetic. Does he even have an editor? He's also not particularly well spoken when he isn't looking at a teleprompter.

Agreed, that's pathetic. Does he even have an editor? He's also not particularly well spoken when he isn't looking at a teleprompter.

Jay is dyslectic, just saying...

How about if I say he sometimes fills in Jeremy's column? Oh, wait...